// Neglected girl raised by cats and dogs (Russia)
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: I celebrated Thanksgiving in an old-fashioned way. I invited everyone in my neighborhood to my house, we had an enormous feast, and then I killed them and took their land. - Jon Stewart
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Neglected girl raised by cats and dogs (Russia)  (Read 1459 times)
UBAB
Bro

Reputation Power: 3
UBAB has no influence :(

2 [agree] or not 2 [disagree]-that is the question

« on: May 27, 2009 08:06 PM »

:'(

thobebro
   UBAB

May 27, 2009

Neglected girl raised by cats and dogs

Father faces charges

By Steve Gutterman, THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

MOSCOW - A five-year-old Russian girl has been placed in state custody after being found alone in an apartment filled with cats and dogs and imitating the animals' behaviour.

Police in the Transbaikal region of Siberia said Wednesday that the girl was kept shut up with the animals in a filthy apartment in the regional capital of Chita, where she lived with relatives, including her father and grandparents.

Larisa Popova, head of the children's affairs unit at the local police precinct, told state-run Rossiya television that the girl had developed feral characteristics.

"The child lived in unsanitary conditions. There was a horrible stench," Popova said. "There were many animals - both dogs and cats. In all probability, the girl lived with and was raised by these animals."

Police said the girl understands Russian but rarely speaks and they are gathering evidence to support neglect charges.

Nina Yemelyanova, head of the reception department at a children's home where the girl has been placed, said the child appears to mimic the behaviour of animals.

"Today, when I left the room, she jumped up to the door and started to bark," Yemelyanova told Rossiya television. "And she does not know how to behave at the table - when she eats, the tries to put the spoon aside and lap from the dish."

Regional police said water, heat and gas to the apartment had long since been shut off for non-payment.

The ITAR-Tass news agency cited the girl's mother as saying the child's father had taken her away without her permission when she was 2 1/2 years old. But the father claimed his mother-in-law had asked him to take the child because the mother was not taking proper care of her, the news agency quoted regional police spokesman Yegor Markov as saying.

Markov said the father could be charged with neglect of a minor, which carries a prison sentence of up to three years.

Chita is 4,700 kilometres east of Moscow.

Your heart will not truly open until you understand Surah 21 : Verse 92  (Al-Anbiya: The Prophets)

Help Build the Community! Visit:
Madinat al-Muslimeen > The City > Naseeha Corner > Community Toolbox
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009 07:14 AM »

That's disgusting. What is wrong with human beings. How could they let any 5 year old child live like that let alone their daughter. I hope they're punished.  Angry
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009 01:41 PM »

Asalaamu Alaikum  bro

This story reminded me about the following hadith in Islam concerning the reprehensible consequences of not giving even a cat enough food and water.

If this is in relation to an animal, how much worse is the case for a human being?

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Umar:

Allah's Apostle saw said,

"A woman was tortured and was put in Hell because of a cat which she had kept locked till it died of hunger."

Allah's Apostle further said, (Allah knows better) Allah said (to the woman), 'You neither fed it nor watered when you locked it up, nor did you set it free to eat the insects of the earth."

[Bukhari]

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: