// mp3 or digital voice recorder?
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Inquiry: The Prophet said: 'The cure for ignorance is to question.' (Sunan Abî Dawûd)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: mp3 or digital voice recorder?  (Read 1585 times)
Barr
Sis

Reputation Power: 8
Barr has no influence :(

« on: May 29, 2009 12:27 AM »

Assalamu'alaikum,

I don't know where else to ask. Perhaps, tecno junkies on the board could help, inshaAllah.

I need a voice digital recorder for my daughter's Qur'an class next Thursday. I saw a Panasonic one, with a zoom in voice and it was on sale. Purchased it and am waiting for it to be picked up at a nearby store. I thought the zoom-in voice option would be a plus, so that my husband could record lectures etc, during those times when I couldn't attend. It costs me $70.

A friend suggested that I would be better off with an MP3 player with a voice recording function. With an MP3 player I could download stuff that I would want to listen to, and I could also plug it in a car (that we don't hv now, but we hope to hv soon, inshaAllah).

Question: Would the voice recorders in MP3 players be of the same quality as the digital voice recorders? We would be using this device on a daily basis and the main purpose is for my daughter's Qur'an class. Everything else is secondary. I would want to get smt value for money. So, what do you think?

Shukran
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009 02:19 AM »

wsalaam wrt,

I'm not sure what a zoom-in voice option is? But I think once you get the Panasonic one you should try it out and see if you like it. They can all download to your computer and you can listen to it there. And not sure what kind of inputs you have in your car but if you can plug in an mp3 player I'd think you can plug in any other device as well. We had an expensive .dat recorder (used for professional recordings) and I had a little voice recorder for other stuff. Nowadays though I just use my laptop and a microphone to record stuff directly into my laptop if I want to record a lecture.

P.S. - A friend recommended this one to me once: http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/product.asp?product=1309 or http://www.amazon.com/Olympus-WS-500-Digital-Voice-Recorder/dp/B00264RRRC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1243570563&sr=8-1 it has a USB jack so no special wire needed to plug it into your computer and it records hours and hours of stuff
Abdurahman
Bro

Reputation Power: 4
Abdurahman has no influence :(

Oh Allah, Guide us to the Straight Path.

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009 02:13 PM »

Salam Sister,

I recommend the MP3 player since you can download the lectures of the Shaikhs and Scholars and learn the beneficial knowledge.

Also, you can save a lot of money and donate it to the masjid and earn lots of ajr Smiley

Wassalam,

Be merciful to those on earth, and the One in the Heavens will be merciful to you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: