// Chapli Kabob Recipe
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - Mark Twain
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chapli Kabob Recipe  (Read 7402 times)
Mina
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
Mina has no influence :(

« on: Jan 14, 2008 02:33 PM »

Salams,
Type of coffee I prefer is starbucks coffee(whole bean). Although, 7-11 coffee is also just as good. I buy the beans and make the coffee. It is just easier to buy starbucks b/c they have their beans at the grocery store and I hate having to go to more than one store nowadays since my 21 month old doenst have the patience for shopping.  And I end up looking like an ad for "calgon take me away" with the screaming child and the crazed look of madness.  Grin

If I must venture out to get coffee, starbucks opened a drive thru and I get a nonfat toffeenut latte.  However, I just recently discovered that Nordstrom's lattes are also pretty good and a bit less expensive than starbucks (go figure).  It is a bit more refined. Haven't tried their beans yet.  Moderator - a coffee section for madina???  Huh?

Chapli Kabab recipe - another note to moderator - might wanna add a recipe section for us wifeys or those who enjoy cooking -

1.5 lbs of ground beef (don't use extra lean ground beef - needs some meat needs fat for this recipe)
2-3 Tbsp fresh coriander
1/2 tomato chopped
1/2 onion chopped fine
green chillies (optional)
Chappli Kabab spice packet - like shaan (but don't use the whole packet, only add about 2-3 tablespoons of spice mix)

In lieu of Spice Packet:
2 whole red chillies ground
1 tbsp coriander powder
1 tsp cumin powder
3 cloves of garlic crushed/chopped fine
1/2 tsp ginger
1 tsp black pepper
1 clove of cardamom crushed and grated fine
1/4 tsp of pomegranate seeds crushed fine
1/4 tsp of ground cloves
kosher salt to taste (1.5 tsp)

Mix ground beef with spices, onions etc.  Let sit for at least one hour. 
Form patties and make the patties very thin.  Fry on a good nonstick pan with little to no oil. 
Don't move patties around too much or push patties down with spatula because all the juices will leak out.
Each side of the kabab should have a nice brownish crust. 
Place kababs on paper towels to soak up excess grease.
Serve hot with mint chutney and roti.  My hubby likes his with rice. 

These usually don't taste good as leftovers so don't make more than you need.  IF you end up having leftovers, don't reheat in the microwave! Either reheat on the pan or warm in an oven at 200F.
Enjoy! bebzi

"Girl, Jannah ain't free."
um aboodi
Sis

Reputation Power: 26
um aboodi barely matters :(um aboodi barely matters :(

« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2008 04:58 PM »

salam

thanks sr. Mina !

you just gave me an idea on what to do with the ground beef that i have. 

flowersis
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2008 05:23 PM »

'in lieu of spice packet'

Does that mean 'instead of spice packet?

or addition to the spice packet?

salamz
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: