// Pictures of food I've cooked
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: One who seeks the unseekable cannot subsequently be accused of negligence in seeking what is seekable. -Hujjat al-Islam (the Proof of Islam) Imam Al-Ghazali
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pictures of food I've cooked  (Read 4204 times)
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« on: Jun 06, 2009 02:05 PM »

Salam all - this is probably a waste in starting a new topic, so feel free to move it somewhere else Sis J, but just wanted to share these - hope you like it!  Smiley

desibro
BABA

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
WCoastbaba
Bro

WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #1 on: Jun 06, 2009 02:06 PM »

OOps! Didn't realize the potato pic was that huge! Yikes.

Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #2 on: Jun 06, 2009 11:50 PM »

salam

You cook too?Huh?

Gosh!!!!!

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
WCoastbaba
Bro

« Reply #3 on: Jun 07, 2009 12:08 AM »

walaikumsalaam

aww Sis - you sound surprised! Thank you . . I guess.  Grin I guess I was inspired by Sis Jannah's latest blog,  Embarrassed Wink to put these pics up.

yup, my Amma taught me after sometime here out in Prague, because I got sick of ordering out from the Indian restaurant that's right across the street and I get all the spice mixtures here as well (Shaan, etc). So nothing fancy really . . . but my classmates really enjoy when we have our get-together/potluck type parties.

Insha'allah I hope to learn more in the near future.

desibro
BABA

jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #4 on: Jun 07, 2009 05:07 AM »

ws,

how did that blog inspire that?? great job btw.. i have to say the oily version looks more appetizing haha. i haven't cooked anything new or different in ages sigh...

my friend's bridal shower is coming up tho so i might make that tiramasu recipe i put up a while ago...if it comes out good i'll post a pic of it Wink
WCoastbaba
Bro

« Reply #5 on: Jun 07, 2009 07:48 AM »

how did that blog inspire that??
Salam,
I think it was the reference to maybe men doing some household chores etc, cooking, cleaning, vaccuuming, etc. Anyways, its a good investment to have a little skill in the kitchen, even though its just a few dishes (only differences is the meat choice!  Cheesy)

desibro
BABA

Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #6 on: Jun 07, 2009 01:00 PM »

salam

I actually really like the look of the potato dish, can you put up a recipe please?

And yes I was surprised, sorry.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« Reply #7 on: Jun 07, 2009 06:40 PM »

Omg you live in Prague? I love that city. And I hate to say this but the prettiest women in the world are Czech. I don't know about their men- my mom and I couldn't get over the beauty of their womenfolk. 

Oh .. The food looks good, too Smiley
WCoastbaba
Bro

« Reply #8 on: Jun 07, 2009 07:39 PM »

Salam Sis -

Omg you live in Prague? I love that city. And I hate to say this but the prettiest women in the world are Czech. I don't know about their men- my mom and I couldn't get over the beauty of their womenfolk.

yes, I'm not afraid to admit, the "womenfolk" are very beautiful, fashionable, etc - I knew this before coming here - so plenty of practice in lowering the gaze(like we Bro's need any more challenges in that dept, arghhh! yeah the guys, not so much, but I guess that works out for them.  Wink Beautiful city as well, but I miss the States and home very much.  :'(

Yeah, I'm just studying here, just finishing up my 4th year (of 6) of medical school.

Sorry, off topic . . . .thanks for the compliment.

desibro
BABA

UBAB
Bro

Reputation Power: 3
UBAB has no influence :(

2 [agree] or not 2 [disagree]-that is the question

« Reply #9 on: Jun 08, 2009 09:50 PM »

Oh .. The food looks good, too Smiley

Sister JustOne, the sisters here comment how beautiful the girls from Somali and parts East Africa are here in Toronto. In the same breath ... let's just say they feel sorry for these same beautiful sisters who have to choose a mate from their own country  Shocked

thobebro
   UBAB

Your heart will not truly open until you understand Surah 21 : Verse 92  (Al-Anbiya: The Prophets)

Help Build the Community! Visit:
Madinat al-Muslimeen > The City > Naseeha Corner > Community Toolbox
UBAB
Bro

Reputation Power: 3
UBAB has no influence :(

2 [agree] or not 2 [disagree]-that is the question

« Reply #10 on: Jun 08, 2009 09:52 PM »

YO - BABA Hook up your fellow bros with the recipes  Grin

Your heart will not truly open until you understand Surah 21 : Verse 92  (Al-Anbiya: The Prophets)

Help Build the Community! Visit:
Madinat al-Muslimeen > The City > Naseeha Corner > Community Toolbox
tq
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
tq has no influence :(

« Reply #11 on: Jun 10, 2009 02:29 PM »

Assalamo elikuim

Mashallah Baba ! All sisters are impressed - I am sure there is a long line of rishtas/proposal for you Smiley Smiley

Wasalam
tq
WCoastbaba
Bro

« Reply #12 on: Jun 10, 2009 02:45 PM »

salam

Sis tq - LOOOOOOOOL. You just made my day and that's saying something, cuz I'm going mad over here with exams, homesickness and frustration at myself. haha, no line behind me - only woman I've got right now is the one in whose womb I spent 9 months Cheesy (and the one who taught me how to make the food pictured above of course)

Thanks for making me laugh and smile though - that's a truly blessing in itself Smiley  especially at a time like this. May Allah Bless and Protect you always. Ameen.

Ma'salaam

JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« Reply #13 on: Jun 10, 2009 06:54 PM »

It's no wonder you had to learn how to cook. The only edible food there is the potato which is often laced in bacon or ham.

a_desert_rose
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
a_desert_rose has no influence :(

« Reply #14 on: Jun 10, 2009 10:07 PM »

Are my eyes fooling me? A Brother who COOKS?? And edible, non-burnt food at that? Shocked Mashallah...A rarity!

Tongue
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #15 on: Jun 11, 2009 07:58 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum  bro

Mashallah Baba ! All sisters are impressed

You know Baba, if you've read Sr tq's Ramadhan diaries over the years, you'll know that if *she's* impressed, it *must* be good  bro

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
WCoastbaba
Bro

« Reply #16 on: Jun 11, 2009 12:11 PM »

walaikumsalaam everyone - wow looks like I've taken a bigger bite than I can swallow! Didn't expect the nice compliments . . . honestly.

Br. UBAB - Recipes will come soon insha'allah, but its really nothing fancy, trust me . . . just gotta finish my exams in the next week and half or so.

Sr. JustOne - Actually Sis there are lot of Halal places to eat or get meat from (2 butchers close to my flat), so things are really opening up here, so m choices are even better than back in the States (no surprise there, though its improving as well). But when i first got here, i was ordering out from the Indian restaurant in the center (I was in teh dorms then, that were far from the city center and it took lots of effort to come out and get 4 days of food and carry it onthe tram etc). Oddly enough, I now live across the street from that restaurant since Feb. 2006.

Sr. Desort Rose - Shukria/Shukran. I seem to remember a saying that goes something like this: "Behind every good male cool, there is a an even better female cook behind him" In all seriousness, you're making me blush Sis!

Br.Khalid - Thanks for that Bro . . those diaries are in the archives or? Either way, its awflly nice of anyone to say.

Really though Sisters - its not that difficult or nothing special, I just use the spice mixes you can get any most Halal or Indian/Pakistani stores, so its not as if I add every single spice one by one like my Amma(mother) does. Indeed though, my friends/classmates loved my food when we have gatherings in which we all contribute food. Even some people who I personallly didn't know, liked it, so imagine what they would think of my mothers food!

Again, thanks for the nice comments everyone.

Ma'salaam
desibro
BABA

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: