// One of the Greatest Scholars of the Ummah has passed Away
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: “It may be true that the law cannot make a man love me, but it can keep him from lynching me, and I think that's pretty important.” Martin Luther King, Jr. quote
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: One of the Greatest Scholars of the Ummah has passed Away  (Read 1664 times)
Abdurahman
Bro

Reputation Power: 4
Abdurahman has no influence :(

Oh Allah, Guide us to the Straight Path.

« on: May 29, 2009 01:43 PM »

Bismillah

One of the Greatest Scholars of the Ummah has passed Away

All praise be to Allah, and may peace be upon the Prophet

Shaykh Muhammad ‘Awad al-Azhari passed away last week in Madina.  He was one of the great scholars of the last century, and one of the greatest da’ees and teachers of Islam in Syria.  Here are a few words about his life, so that we learn from his example.

Shaykh Muhammad ‘Awad graduated from Azhar Ashareef, writing his doctorate on the Tafseer of Surah al-Mujadilah.  Even though he had to leave school at a young age to help support his family, it never stopped him from learning knowledge.

He had a passion for Dawah, and insisted that all Muslims must propagate what they learn.  He said, “If all Muslims taught what they knew, however little, the world would be filled with goodness.”  He would always remind people of the hadith of the Prophet, peace be upon him, “Propagate what I say, even if only a verse.”

In fact, one day, Shaykh Muhammad ‘Awad prayed Fajr in a Masjid, and no one showed up except the Imam and the Mu’adhin.  He said, “Where is everyone?”  He went outside, and in those days, they would open the markets after Fajr.  He went to the middle of the Souk, and started calling out, “Oh People!  How is it that you get up this early in the morning to earn money, but you don’t remember the rights of Allah!  Don’t you know the reward of praying Fajr in Jama’ah?”  He continued calling out until he gave Dawah to all the people in the Souk.  The next day, for Fajr, the Masjid was filled.

He insisted that Muslims should never leave any opportunity unturned for giving Dawah.  Wherever you are, said the Shaikh, give Dawah,  at weddings, at friend’s houses, in the market, in the streets.  He insisted that Muslims have extremely high himma, aspirations, and change the society around them for the better.

He had great concern about marrying the youth, and family relations in society in general.  He would always insist on speaking at weddings and encourage to families to marry their youth, and work together for this aim.  He would say, “Next month, I want to hear about ten more weddings.”  In fact, after one of his talks, 15 families agreed to marry.

Shaykh Muhammad ‘Awad was famous for his piety and fear of Allah, and wara’, and he would say, “By Allah’s grace on me, I haven’t committed any sins, I have never even seen the thigh of my own child.”

He would never miss Fajr prayer in the Masjid.  When he got married, before his wedding night, his friends got together and started joking saying, “Finally the Shaikh is going to miss Fajr prayer in Jamma’.”  The next morning, they were all surprised, when sure enough the Shaikh came on time for Fajr prayer.

He used to be very serious about the religion and have a lot of fear of Allah, and insisted that all Muslims take on the responsibility of teaching the deen.  When he was at dinner one evening, someone said the dua for the host, jokingly “May those fasting eat your food, and May the angels bless you except Jibreel, until you bring us tea.”  The Shaikh became upset, and he said, “Do you know who Jibreel is?  He is the angel of Revelation.  Do you make dua for Jibreel to bless someone because of tea?”

As Shaikh Na’eem Araqsoosi, one of his students, remembers, “We used to joke around during religion class at school.  But when Shaikh Muhammad ‘Awad become our teacher, we became so serious and we would always look forward to religion class.  He used to love the Prophet, peace be upon him, so much.”

Even during his final illness, the Shaykh’s passion for Dawah came through.  During the last few weeks of his life, before he passed away, he would tell his guests: “Make sure you help the youth get married.  This is the only way they will be safe in their religion.”

Let us follow in Shaikh Muhammad ‘Awad’s example of giving Dawah, in all places and times. 

And may Allah shower the Shaikh with His Infinite Mercy and enter him into the Paradise.  Ameen.

Be merciful to those on earth, and the One in the Heavens will be merciful to you.
Sr.Kathy
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
Sr.Kathy has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009 02:37 PM »

Inna lilah wa ina ilayhi raji'oon
To Allah we belong, and to Him is our return
May Allah swt accept his deeds, forgive his sins and grant him paradise.

"Allah surely knows the warmth of every teardrop... " Jaihoon
timbuktu
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009 10:30 AM »

peace be upon you

inna lillahe wa inna ilehe raje`oon

May Allah (swt) fill his grave with noor, and open a window to jannah, until the Day of Resurrection, and may his final place be among the most rewarded ones.

aameen
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009 12:09 PM »

Asalaamu Alaikum

And may Allah shower the Shaikh with His Infinite Mercy and enter him into the Paradise

Ameen

Very wise words indeed.

He insisted that Muslims have extremely high himma, aspirations....

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009 04:03 PM »

May Allah Forgive Him and Reward him with a place in Jannah-al-Firdaus. Ameen.

From the article and his words, I can tell he was a beautiful soul indeed. We need more individuals in the Ummah like him; so I do hope the youth that he encountered as well as the rest of us, take heed to his advice and put it into action insha'allah.

desibro
BABA

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
Abdurahman
Bro

Reputation Power: 4
Abdurahman has no influence :(

Oh Allah, Guide us to the Straight Path.

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2009 10:56 PM »

Asalamualaikum wrt wb,

Ameen to all of your duas.  There a large number of scholars giving talks and accepting condolences with his sons at a large masjid here.  The Shaikh really had an impact on the lives of many, especially the Ulema.  On of the Shaikhs said:

"He was always optimistic, and would never leave any opportunity unturned.  He would always seize the moment, that was the way I saw him, at home, or anywhere else.  I could honestly say that he was always busy in doing good.

One thing he would always ask for in his duas was the Firdaws, the highest level of Paradise."

Wassalam

Be merciful to those on earth, and the One in the Heavens will be merciful to you.
UBAB
Bro

Reputation Power: 3
UBAB has no influence :(

2 [agree] or not 2 [disagree]-that is the question

« Reply #6 on: Jun 01, 2009 05:02 PM »

thobebro
   UBAB

Your heart will not truly open until you understand Surah 21 : Verse 92  (Al-Anbiya: The Prophets)

Help Build the Community! Visit:
Madinat al-Muslimeen > The City > Naseeha Corner > Community Toolbox
zeenhk
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
zeenhk has no influence :(

« Reply #7 on: Jun 02, 2009 06:15 AM »

Inna lilahi wa inna alayhi rajeoon.May Allah (swt) grant him Firduas.ameen.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: