Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Put aside your pride, Set down your arrogance, And remember your grave. - Ali ibn Abu Talib (radiAllahu anhu)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this a hoax?  (Read 1387 times)
The Humble Muslim
Bro

Reputation Power: 4
The Humble Muslim has no influence :(

« on: Jun 02, 2009 03:36 PM »

Salam

A friend of mine got this email.  Despite bringing the name of Taqi Usmani into this, I believe this is an elaborate hoax.  What does anyone else think?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This isn't a FAKE message and the entire Urdu talk of the Shaykh is enclosed from his website, with the English translation given below.

Asslamo Allaikum,

Grand Mufti of Pakistan Justice (Retired) Shaykh Mufti Taqi Usmani (DB) says:

http://www.deeneislam.com/ur/horiz/s...aqi_usmani.mp3

It has been conveyed to us from one of our seniors that someone saw Rasul-ullah (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) in a dream in which the Prophet (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) expressed some concern about the danger of Adhaab (punishment) of Allah (SWT) descending upon Pakistan. However, alongside the concern a way-out and a cure (from such a calamity) was also suggested which is to engage in abundant recitation of Surah Ash-Shams (91).

The person who was blessed with the dream also stated that Rasul-ullah (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) mentioned that the Surah should be recited 70,000 times.

Mufti Taqi Usmani comments (holding back his tears): Apparently it would mean that if everyone collectively reaches the figure of 70,000 then (placing our hopes in the Benevolence of Allah (SWT))) Allah (SWT) will look Mercifully at our situation.

So, an instruction was made to recite Surah Ash-Shams (91) in a dream.
My brothers, this matter is such that any Muslim can perform it and there isn’t much difficulty in it; so alongside the daily Adhkaar (remembrances of Allah (SWT) abundant recitation of Surah Ash-Shams (91) will also be done.

I would also like to add the dreams are not Hujja in the matters of Shariah, this means that dreams cannot be used to prove something in the ordinary injunctions (of Islamic Shariah) e.g. if something wasn’t Waajib (obligatory) it cannot be declared Waajib (obligatory), if something wasn’t Sunnah it cannot be declared Sunnah, if something wasn’t a sin it cannot be declared a sin through a dream but if someone sees Rasul-ullah (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) then it is real because Rasul-ullah (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) has said that Shaytaan cannot take his shape so the person actually is blessed with the Ziyarah of Rasul-ullah (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) and when Rasul-ullah (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) advises to carry out an activity which isn’t against the tenants of Shariah then arrangements should be made to carry out such an activity.

An action which is against the tenants of Shariah cannot be carried out because sometimes a person’s own thoughts (from his/her Nafs) may interfere (with the recollection of the dream) but if something is advised which isn’t against the tenets of Shariah, then arrangements should be made to carry it out.

The recital of Surah Ash-Shams (91) is an action which is (in itself) virtuous and isn’t against Shariah so there is no objection in carrying out this action and this message should be conveyed to others. In addition to (abundant recitation) dua should also be made to Allah (SWT) saying that due to our sins we have landed ourselves in trouble and O Allah (SWT) deliver us from these circumstances through your Mercy.

Abundance of dua should also be carried out.

There was a time when Muslims used to gather together (at homes and elsewhere) and recite Ayatul-Kareema [21:87] (in Khatams) at times of trouble but we don’t see it anymore!

This (Ayatul-Kareema [21:87] )was the verse (dua) which facilitated the deliverance of Sayyidina Younas (AS) from the belly of the fish…

[21:87] ...There is no god but You. Pure are You. Indeed I was among the wrongdoers…

And not only that Allah (SWT) further added for all the believers…

[21:88] …And this is how We rescue the believers.

So abundance in recitation of this verse should also be carried out and arrangements should also be made in this regard.

It is not beyond reason that Allah (SWT) will respond to our situation in His (SWT)’s Mercy and deliver us from this civil war (in which we find ourself).
timbuktu
« Reply #1 on: Jun 02, 2009 05:32 PM »

peace be upon you

I would take such claims with a pinch of salt.

While this is true that Shaytan cannot impersonate the Prophet (saw), there is no guarantee that the person who says he saw the Prophet (saw) in a dream is being honest.

About the khatams of various ayahs (Ayah Kareema is mentioned in the original post), or duas, there is no authentic hadith for counting recitation beyond hundred.

About the number of recitations, for a large undetermined number, the Arabs have often used the figure of 70, or 70,000. I take that number to mean reciting a lot of times without counting. Like you do istaghfaar, all the time, or say Subhanallah wal hamdulillah wallahu Akbar, wa la hawla wa la quwwata illa billah, also countles number of times.

For sure, include ayah kareema in your duas. Make dua for the Ummah. Ask Allah (swt) for guidance. Do something positive and with a group, but these khatams are not the Sunnah.

Wallah Alim.
The Humble Muslim
Bro

Reputation Power: 4
The Humble Muslim has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Jun 03, 2009 03:54 PM »

Salam Uncle, it's been a long while!  I agree with what you say,  and I am surprised - if this is indeed from Shekih Taqi - to hear this from a scholar of his status.  The way the email reads is just like that famous chain letter/email about the caretaker of the Masji Al Nabi.  Which is why my initial thought is that somehow this is a hoax.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: