Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: No,please don't eat me. I have a wife and kids,eat them. - Homer
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Text Message: "i divorce u" debate....  (Read 6542 times)
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #25 on: Apr 22, 2008 08:21 AM »

salam

Yes I am Hanafi so my imam is also Hanafi.

Do Sheikh's have time to spend trawling the internet and posting up rulings with abandon???

My sister in law (ex), used to take a while before giving anyone islamic advice, and then she'd have to go and look up cases and discuss it with her husband who is also a qualified aalim.....

I thought Abdurahman had said he wasn't going to come back to the 'confused' thread, instead he appears to have started several threads in order to try and back up his posts in the thread he claimed he was not going back to.

None of us bar Abdurahman are claiming to be qualified to give out rulings on islamic fiqh. I dont think this is a good idea especially if the person the advice is aimed at is at a very vulnerable time in their life.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #26 on: Apr 23, 2008 12:04 AM »

Exactly as sis Fozia said, also he has ignored all the statements I made in the 'confused' thread (like im some emotional female) although i was stating facts and he has not refuted anything but continues to persist on other threads his 'opinion' which I have already refuted.  That is not sheikh like behavior.
It is dangerous to give 'solid ' advice especially when you are not learned in a particular situation. 'Sheihk I urge you to study counceling/woman/ abuse/ peoples experiences, before commenting. The prophet pbuh gave different advice depending on the situation. Everything is not clear cut as I have already said a number of times.

but I do agree that we should not use harsh words.

Asalamualaikum

ps by the way Sheikh Aburrahman I truly hope that  because of these very justifiable attacks against you, you do not leave this forum, your other information is truly very valuable and Im sure your forthcoming will be also inshAllah
Abdurahman
Bro

Reputation Power: 4
Abdurahman has no influence :(

Oh Allah, Guide us to the Straight Path.

« Reply #27 on: Apr 23, 2008 09:54 PM »

Asalamualaikum wrt,

All praise be to Allah.

Allah, the Lord of the Universe, says (translation of the meaning):

“O you who believe! Let not a group scoff at another group, it may be that the latter are better than the former. Nor let (some) women scoff at other women, it may be that the latter are better than the former. Nor defame one another, nor insult one another by nicknames. How bad is it to insult one’s brother after having Faith”

[al-Hujuraat 49:11]

When the companion of the of the Prophet, may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, nicknamed 'Heemaar' was brought forward to be punished for drinking alcohol, the Prophet forbade the Sahaba from insulting him.  Shaikh Na'eem Araqsoosi said:

"This is proof that it is forbidden to belittle a Muslim, no matter what offense he has committed.  A Muslim's honor and dignity is protected by Allah."

May Allah guide us to follow the ways of the righteous 'Ulema.

And Allah knows best.

Be merciful to those on earth, and the One in the Heavens will be merciful to you.
Siham
Sis

Reputation Power: 23
Siham barely matters :(Siham barely matters :(

Tranquil Heart

« Reply #28 on: Apr 24, 2008 03:27 PM »

That is not sheikh like behavior. It is dangerous to give 'solid ' advice especially when you are not learned in a particular situation. 'Sheihk I urge you to study counceling/woman/ abuse/ peoples experiences, before commenting. The prophet pbuh gave different advice depending on the situation. Everything is not clear cut as I have already said a number of times.

That's exactly my point and NO registering under multiple user-names won't do the trick.

http://www.jannah.org/madina/archives/year2006and2007/index.php?topic=1146.0

Shaikh Abdur Rehman may indeed be a Shaikh. this is the fatwa according to the Quran and the Hadith.

If so, then I’d like to know the specifics of his credentials ¿¿¿

OK, let's verify that:

We cannot apply partial Islamic law to suit the male. All that can be taken from this offender should be taken and given to the ex-wife for the upkeep of her children, and some compensation for the abuse and torture she has suffered.

I, too find him insensitive, hence offensive and apparently inaccurate. Therefore, I suggest him to stop hiding cowardly behind 'cut & paste' routine and come out of the closet.

"Do not treat people with contempt, nor walk insolently on the earth. Allah does not love the arrogant or the self-conceited boaster. Be modest in your bearing and subdue your voice, for the most unpleasant of voices is the braying of the ass." [The Holy Qur'an, Surah Luqman - 31:18-19]
um aboodi
Sis

Reputation Power: 26
um aboodi barely matters :(um aboodi barely matters :(

« Reply #29 on: Apr 24, 2008 03:42 PM »

salam

I would leave it to AbdulRahman to provide more details, but peaceman and AbdulRahman are 2 different people. 

Maybe Jannah will be able to confirm this when she comes back.

Take care

jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 279
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #30 on: Apr 26, 2008 01:28 PM »

wsalaam,

And for all you know, Shaikh Abdur Rehman may indeed be a Shaikh.

No one on this board is a "shaikh" ie. scholar. There are only students of knowledge here. I consider a shaikh to be someone who has graduated from an accredited school or has studied with well known scholars for quite a number of years. No one here has this qualification at this time.

Again, this is why I've always been against the cut/paste fatwas discussion wars. It is not a correct way to apply rulings in Islam. Any real shaikh will take into account the situation/condition and special circumstances of a specific case to make a ruling. They may not even stick to their own madhabi opinion. Information on the internet should be general and informative. Not something that could force a person to take the wrong position on very important decisions in life, such as "Am i divorced or not divorced?!". If the internet is determining that for people we are in a very bad place.

May Allah guide us.

I'm closing this thread and any other "fatwa" threads will be closed as well.

Thank you. Come again.

ws
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: