// Amazing Photo album links thead
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Energizer Bunny arrested, charged with battery.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amazing Photo album links thead  (Read 5672 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Jun 10, 2009 10:48 PM »

Children in displaced Pakistan.

Muslim children living like this, are we not ashamed? Sad

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2009/06/children_in_pakistan.html
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #1 on: Jun 11, 2009 12:43 PM »

salam . . wow, I have to admit the pictures in themselves were beautiful, but indeed, so sad, depressing and shameful on our part and those that should also be responsible locally. I may be Indian, but I would love for Pakistan to succeed at all levels, but its just gets worse everyday - now with this bombing of the PC in Peshawar . . . will it ever stop? Can Pakistan and other nations recover?

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Feb 09, 2011 10:14 PM »

These children are so beautiful!! Must see!!! http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2011/02/pakistan_daily_life.html
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #3 on: Feb 09, 2011 10:56 PM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

#30 is just a beautiful photo.

How different would our own lives have been if we had been born in different countries?

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #4 on: Feb 22, 2011 06:58 PM »

How life changes in an instant! Pictures from the earthquake in New Zealand: http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2011/02/earthquake-in-new-zealand/100013/
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #5 on: Feb 22, 2011 10:50 PM »

Asalaamu Alaikum

The people who worked in that office building which was flattened told of  how they had stepped out for lunch and returned to see their workplace in ruins.

Be it a revolution in the Middle East or an earthquake in the Southern Hemisphere none of us knows how or when death will arrive.

If anything, recent events should really remind us all of the real value of the life we lead and the fragility by which that life can be taken away.

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011 06:48 PM »

Photo competition winners

http://www.unrwa.org/photogallery.php?cat_id=75

In May 2011, UNRWA organised a photography competition for young Palestine refugees with funding from the European Union. Young Palestinians throughout the Middle East were tasked with creating a photo series that would give an insight into how they live, on the theme "What you don‘t know about my life".

Having deliberated over nearly 100 entries from throughout the region, the judging panel awarded the top prizes to three entries, and gave honorable mentions to three more.

Here, we present the winning entries, in the photographers’ own words.
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #7 on: Aug 07, 2011 06:10 PM »

These are very fascinating. Some before and afters of the floods in Pakistan. What misfortune they've been through...

39 pictures:
http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2011/08/pakistan-floods-one-year-later/100121/

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #8 on: Feb 25, 2012 06:14 AM »

Feeling sorry for urselves??  oldshaykh yeah check out these pics & realize where u are in the scheme of things...

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2012/02/slum_life.html

One billion people worldwide live in slums, a number that will likely double by 2030. The characteristics of slum life vary greatly between geographic regions, but they are generally inhabited by the very poor or socially disadvantaged. Slum buildings can be simple shacks or permanent and well-maintained structures but lack clean water, electricity, sanitation and other basic services. In this post, I've included images from several slums including Kibera slum in Nairobi, Kenya, the second largest slum in Africa (and the third largest in the world); New Building slum in central Malabo, Equatorial Guinea; Pinheirinho slum - where residents recently resisted police efforts to forcibly evict them; and slum dwellers from Kolkata, Mumbai and New Delhi, India. India has about 93 million slum dwellers and as much as 50% of New Delhi's population is thought to live in slums, 60% of Mumbai. -- Paula Nelson (55 photos total)

--------------

Also, huge respect for the Japanese people...........

http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2012/02/japan-earthquake-before-and-after/100251/

In just over two weeks, Japan will be observing the one-year anniversary of the disastrous magnitude 9.0 earthquake and tsunami that struck its east coast in March of 2011. The destruction was unprecedented and the loss of life and property were staggering -- more than 15,800 are confirmed dead, with another 3,300 still listed as missing nearly a year later. Photographers documented the many faces of this tragedy and have now returned to give us a look at the difference a year can make, re-shooting places that were photographed during and immediately after the quake. Collected here are 20 of these pairings. They are interactive: Starting with number 2, click the images to view a fading before/after comparison. [20 photo pairs]
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #9 on: Mar 15, 2013 01:45 PM »

http://twistedsifter.com/2013/03/most-perfectly-timed-photos-ever/

Amazing funny stuff! My fave is 47 lol!
Mubaraka
Sis

Reputation Power: 41
Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)

« Reply #10 on: Mar 15, 2013 02:49 PM »

lol very funny indeed.. Cheesy
rahma
Sis

Reputation Power: 73
rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)

« Reply #11 on: Mar 15, 2013 03:04 PM »

Come on...   aren't some of those photo-shopped...?
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #12 on: Mar 15, 2013 03:31 PM »

Lol, they're actually not, all the sources are provided, mostly news sites!
Riat8883
Ramadan Diaries

Reputation Power: 25
Riat8883 barely matters :(Riat8883 barely matters :(

« Reply #13 on: Mar 15, 2013 05:10 PM »

I laughed a lot on number 17 and of course 36 (just because I like wrestling) lol
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: