Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

A dua on both your houses.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Please help!  (Read 1727 times)
CountlessBlessings
Sis

Reputation Power: 7
CountlessBlessings has no influence :(

« on: Jun 11, 2009 08:31 PM »

Assalamu alaikum sisters and brothers,

I haven't posted an update about my brother in law's case in a long time, mainly because the trial has been dragging on for months.
We're getting towards the end now, and in his closing remarks the prosecutor accused my husband's brother of intentions to overthrow the system and intentions to threaten national security, among other ludicrous accusations.  The way it works here is the prosecutor also states what sentence he feels should be applied, and in this case he asked for a shocking 25 years.  We're all in a state of deep shock but we haven't given up all hope yet.  Perhaps the judicial system is indeed autonomous and not a pawn of the government, and perhaps they will want to prove it by doing something different from what the prosecutor wants.  However, thus far in the trial there's been no sign of this. 
Remember that when this all started the minister of interior went on national television and read out all the names of the people who were taken in for questioning, basically making them guilty until proven innocent.  He went back on TV two days later warning everyone not to doubt the official story.  All of that is of course impossible for him to retract because God forbid a top official should admit to lying, or even making a mistake.

I am asking for your help both by way of du'aa for justice, and by signing the petition to free the six political prisonners who were, I would go as far as to say, abducted and are still in detention.
Jazakum Allahu khairan

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/free-the-six-political-detainees-in-morocco.html
um aboodi
Sis

Reputation Power: 26
um aboodi barely matters :(um aboodi barely matters :(

« Reply #1 on: Jun 11, 2009 10:56 PM »

salam

I just did.  I don't know about the efficacy of online petitions, but I hope they can do something insha'Allah. 

May Allah help those men and your brother in law.
CountlessBlessings
Sis

« Reply #2 on: Jun 12, 2009 08:10 AM »

Jazakillah khair. 
I don't know what impact online petitions can have either, but it's more for making a statement than anything else. It's just to show that people do care about what's going on. Ff nothing else, we can at least tell the prisoners that hundreds (I hope eventually thousands) of people have signed the petition, just to boost their morale.
emanafy
Bro

Reputation Power: 0
emanafy has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Jun 12, 2009 08:18 AM »

Hi

I signed too. May they be released.
UBAB
Bro

Reputation Power: 3
UBAB has no influence :(

2 [agree] or not 2 [disagree]-that is the question

« Reply #4 on: Jun 12, 2009 05:33 PM »

Thank you CountlessBlessings for keeping us updated - We'll make dua for you, your family and all those involved inshallah.

thobebro
   UBAB

Your heart will not truly open until you understand Surah 21 : Verse 92  (Al-Anbiya: The Prophets)

Help Build the Community! Visit:
Madinat al-Muslimeen > The City > Naseeha Corner > Community Toolbox
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #5 on: Jun 12, 2009 11:38 PM »

wsalam,

so disappointing to hear that the case is the same as before, if not worse. these countries want to be secular and americanized yet don't give any human rights to their people. Allah masta'an

we will keep them and you in our prayers,

ws
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #6 on: Jun 14, 2009 05:55 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum 

InshaAllah we pray there will be some good news soon Sister.

May Allah make it easy on all the families involved.

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
CountlessBlessings
Sis

« Reply #7 on: Jun 14, 2009 11:18 AM »

Jazakum Allah khair wa baaraka feekum.  I really appreciate your support.  I think having signatures from so many countries will definitely get some attention. 
Tomorrow the defense will start on closing remarks, and the verdict will probably be in by the end of this month.  All that comes from Allah is good, even if I can't see it from my limited human perspective. 
May Allah continue to give strength to his wife and children.
timbuktu
« Reply #8 on: Jun 14, 2009 12:38 PM »

peace be upon you

I have signed, too.

If you can send a message to your brother, ask him to do astaghfaar all the time, and you do the same. Whoever does it is taken out of his predicament from an unthought of source. The ayah:

La ilaha illa anata subhanaka; inni kuntu minaz zwalemeen

or any other astaghfaar.

May Allh release your brother and all other innocents, too and compensate them for their suffering.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: