// Woman who missed Flight 447 is killed in car crash
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Whoever knows all things without knowing God-Great and Glorious-is not worthy to be called wise because he does not know the most sublime and highest of all things. -Imam Al-Ghazali
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Woman who missed Flight 447 is killed in car crash  (Read 1372 times)
UBAB
Bro

Reputation Power: 3
UBAB has no influence :(

2 [agree] or not 2 [disagree]-that is the question

« on: Jun 11, 2009 08:39 PM »

From Times Online
June 11, 2009

Woman who missed Flight 447 is killed in car crash

Philippe Naughton
An Italian woman who arrived late for the Air France plane flight that crashed in the Atlantic last week has been killed in a car accident.

Johanna Ganthaler, a pensioner from Bolzano-Bozen province, had been on holiday in Brazil with her husband Kurt and missed Air France Flight 447 after turning up late at Rio de Janeiro airport on May 31.

All 228 people aboard lost their lives after the plane crashed into the Atlantic four hours into its flight to Paris.

The ANSA news agency reported that the couple had managed to pick up a flight from Rio the following day.

It said that Ms Ganthaler died when their car veered across a road in Kufstein, Austria, and swerved into an oncoming truck. Her husband was seriously injured.

thobebro
   UBAB

Your heart will not truly open until you understand Surah 21 : Verse 92  (Al-Anbiya: The Prophets)

Help Build the Community! Visit:
Madinat al-Muslimeen > The City > Naseeha Corner > Community Toolbox
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Jun 12, 2009 12:09 AM »

wsalaam wrt,

subhanAllah proves our destiny is our destiny. wherever we are, when it is our time there's nothing that can stop death's approach and Allah's decree.
Sr.Kathy
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
Sr.Kathy has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Jun 13, 2009 04:30 AM »

An oldie:

There was a servant that worked for a wealthy merchant in Cyprus. Every few days he would head to the local bazaar to buy fresh fruit and vegetables for the household.

On this particular day whilst at the market his eyes made contact with another person who stared at him intently. The servant became anxious and frightened by this intense gaze that he left the market and returned back to the home of his employer.

Terrified, trembling and pale, the servant pleaded with his employer. “Please lend me your horse because I must get away. Today when I was at the market, I saw the Azrail. The way in which she stared at me leads me to believe that she has come for my soul!”

“Where do you intend to go?” enquired his employer. “I am going to ride the horse to the port of Kyrenia and from there I will board the ferry and travel to Mersin, Turkey … far, far away, in order to avoid my fate.” The employer lent the servant his horse. The servant immediately mounted the horse and as fast as the horse could gallop, they disappeared from sight.

The employer was now puzzled and intrigued by the situation, so he decides to go to the market place to see if he can locate the Arzail. At the market place he spots Arzail standing in a crowd and approaches her. “Why did you stare and frighten my servant this morning?” he asked.

The Arzail stated apologetically, “I am sorry, I did not wish to frighten your servant; I was just surprised to see him here at the market.”

“Why would that surprise you?” asked the employer.

“I was astonished to see him here because I have an appointment with him tonight at Mersin.”

"Allah surely knows the warmth of every teardrop... " Jaihoon
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« Reply #3 on: Jun 15, 2009 02:23 PM »

Interesting how the same story can be narrated different ways, Sr.Kathy.  I had the same in during my recent visit in Toronto but the wealthy merchant was Prophet Suleiman (AS) and the servant was an ordinary man that Prophet Suleiman knew.  Instead of a horse, he asked Prophet Suleiman (AS) to use his powers of wind to send him to the same place in Turkey.  Prophet Suleiman (AS) questioned Izrail and he got the same answer.

I was visiting a patient (a young lady) at Kenyatta National Hospital here in Nairobi last year.  While sitting outside at the corridor on the Seventh floor, a true story was naratted of a man who fell from that floor to the ground by accident.  While everybody held their breath in shock, he got up, dusted himself and walked out of the hospital only to be hit by a car.  He died on the spot.  Subhanallah.

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: