// Suicide Attack In Lahore Religious Scholar Sarfraz Naeemi Killed
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Nobility: The Prophet said: 'None but a noble man treats women in an honorable manner, and none but an ignoble treats women disgracefully. ' (Sunan At-Tirmidhî)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Suicide Attack In Lahore Religious Scholar Sarfraz Naeemi Killed  (Read 1584 times)
UBAB
Bro

Reputation Power: 3
UBAB has no influence :(

2 [agree] or not 2 [disagree]-that is the question

« on: Jun 12, 2009 02:57 PM »

http://www.apakistannews.com/suicide-attack-in-lahore-religious-scholar-sarfraz-naeemi-killed-125537

Suicide Attack In Lahore Religious Scholar Sarfraz Naeemi Killed

LAHORE: Renowned religious scholar and principal of Jamia Naeemia Lahore Dr Sarfraz Ahmed Naeemi among three people were killed in a suicide attack at his seminary here Friday.

The blast that apparently was a suicide attack occurred following the Jumma prayer in the seminary situated at Garhi Shahu area of the metropolis.

According to preliminary reports, the blast was occurred in the office of Dr Sarfraz Ahmed Naeemi, the principle of one of the largest religious seminary of the city. Naeemi was present in his office at the time of the blast, says an eyewitness.

The blast was as powerful as it completely destroyed the offices building and also damaged the nearby installations of the seminary.

Rescuers and law enforcement personnel have arrived at the scene and the injured were being rushed to Mayo Hospital, Ganga Ram Hospital and other nearby hospitals.

I don't know who Dr. Sarfraz Naeemi was, but he reminds me of my late grandfather. I've attached his picture below. It's sad to see a person of knowledge taken away from us...

thobebro
   UBAB

Your heart will not truly open until you understand Surah 21 : Verse 92  (Al-Anbiya: The Prophets)

Help Build the Community! Visit:
Madinat al-Muslimeen > The City > Naseeha Corner > Community Toolbox
UBAB
Bro

« Reply #1 on: Jun 12, 2009 03:00 PM »

Dr Naeemi among 5 killed in Lahore suicide blast
 Updated at: 1827 PST,  Friday, June 12, 2009
 LAHORE: At least five people including Jamia Naeemia principal Dr Sarfraz Naeemi were martyred and six others injured in a suicide blast at Jamia Naeemia situated in Garhi Shahu area of Lahore, Geo News reported Friday.

The blast occurred after the Friday prayers when the people were making their way out of the mosque after offering the Friday prayers. A lot of people were present in the mosque at the time of blast.

Jamia Naeemia principal Dr Sarfraz Naeemi was present at his office at the Jamia Naeemia at the time of blast, the eyewitnesses said adding he was meeting with the people and students at his office; in the meantime, the suicide bomber blew himself up.

The suicide attack injured Dr Naeemi and his close aide Maulana Khalilur Rehman and other people present at the office.

The blast was so powerful that the outer walls of the Jamia Naeemia Masjid collapsed and he nearby buildings were harmed in the blast.

The injured Maulana Naeemi was rushed to Kiran Hospital; however, he succumbed to the injuries on the way to the hospital. The deceased include his close associate Dr Khalilur Rehman. The other deceased could not be identified.

According to hospital sources, all the injured are out of danger.

The students of Jamia Naeemia got infuriated in receipt of news of Dr Naeemi’s death and went on rampage. They victimized the police troops and media personnel. However, the office-bearers of Jamia Naeemia and police high-ups advised patience to them and appealed them to stay calm.

Police took the head of the suicide bomber in custody; he was aged 18 to 22 years.

Allama Dr Sarfraz Naeemi is one of the renowned scholars of the country. He was the son of former Chairman of Ruet-e-Hilal Committee and founder of Jamia Naeemia Mufti Muhammed Hussain Naeemi.

Sarfraz Ahmed Naeemi gave fatwa that the suicide attacks are haram and he was against the Qadianis.

Your heart will not truly open until you understand Surah 21 : Verse 92  (Al-Anbiya: The Prophets)

WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #2 on: Jun 12, 2009 04:16 PM »

Salam Br. UBAB - yes it is indeed sad to lose someone who seemed so fair-minded and was trying to outcast those are are bringing down the cournty. Pakistani is really going to the dogs as the saying goes. I mean, I have family there and my Baji there (big cousin-sis) even has lost hope ever since Zardari came to power. It's so depressing to hear every day, some new attack in Pakistan (The PC attack, the other day and now these two new ones).

Why do these Taliban idiots want to keep continuing the cycle of violence?? I don't understand how they think they are right and that those trying to improve the situation, stop the extremism, speak out against the suicide bominbs and the like, are wrong? I mean we have our sins and shortcomings, but are they so confident that they are in the right and face Allah (swt) on Judgment Day and tell him that they were right to kill those people, men, children and women? Yes, the attack by the drone's in Afghanistan and Pakistan are terrible as well, but its not like the Taliban are providing a solution to that situation themselves.

Yes, I'm Indian, but I would love to see Pakistan succeed, but at the current rate, I don't see any hope for it in the near future. Corrupt leaders who bow to the West and a populace who is frustrated and can't do anything and are dying every minute as they have no protection or security in their daily lives.

Doesn't "Talib" mean "student in Arabic??? Well, they have a whole lot more to learn about Islam!!! May they not be spared by Allah's Mercy in the next life. Ameen.

desibro
BABA

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
Tabriz
Sis

Reputation Power: 7
Tabriz has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Jun 18, 2009 01:57 AM »

Asslamu alykum,

There was a time when many Muslims were supportive of the Taliban, the world over. Now, almost everyone is against them. How times change.

Dr. Naeemi was my grandfather's student. My grandpa was a mufti.
UBAB
Bro

« Reply #4 on: Jun 18, 2009 03:10 PM »

Sr. Tabriz

The loss for you is greater than all of us. You lost a link to your grandfather. Perhaps you could have asked Dr. Naeemi to share an intimate story about your grandfather - that students and teacher share in the pursuit of knowledge - or perhaps he could have pass to you knowledge given to him from your grandfather that may not have been well known - such as an different way to explain a difficult concept or thought.

What we have lost here is not only knowledge, but the choice or access to knowledge

May Allah (swt) grant them a special place in Paradise.

thobebro
   UBAB

Tabriz
Sis

Reputation Power: 7
Tabriz has no influence :(

« Reply #5 on: Jun 19, 2009 05:53 AM »

@ UBAB,

are you trying to be mr. smarty pants?

I didnt' know Dr. Naeemi, may he rest in peace. I hardly knew my grandpa, in fact. I have childhood memories of him but stories I have heard from family.

And there's nothing complicated about how the Taliban acted in Afghanistan and how it spread over to Pakistan, or the Muslim support for it.
timbuktu
« Reply #6 on: Jun 19, 2009 06:20 AM »

peace be upon you

One of brother UBAB's posts says:

The students of Jamia Naeemia got infuriated in receipt of news of Dr Naeemi’s death and went on rampage. They victimized the police troops and media personnel.

Violence is not just Talibans', and in a way the students of Jamia Naemia can also be called Taliban. Had they learnt the lessons of peace Dr. Sarfraz Naeemi is reported to ahve imparted, would they have gone for this senseless rampage.

Actually there are a lot of complications. Many groups are involved, not all are religious. In fact the most active in suicide bombing is Baitullah Mehsud who most probably an Indian agent getting money and weapons from the Indian Consulates in Jalalabad and Qandhar.

That said, we also have Uzbek and other Central Asian groups residing in the tribal areas. Some of those arrested for terrorism belong to these groups.

The Great Game is being played again. The Intelligence Agencies probably know what is going on, but it is difficult for us to tell with certainty. We do know that the Iranians, Indians, Russians and CIA supported the Northern Alliance which is shia against the Taliban of Afghanistan. These Taliban had got rid of Opium production in Afghanistan. And we do know that the major beneficiary of the Opium/Heroin trade was the CIA.

Now the trade is in full swing again. Does the CIA want this trade to finance control of the Central Asian hydrocarbon and mineral resources? Does it want o destabilise Pakistan to gain control of its nuclear assets?

That the Pakistani state has not delivered to the Pakistani masses is true. Mainly because the leadership is selfish, and Toady.

jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #7 on: Jun 19, 2009 10:46 PM »

Hi did you guys forget the ban about discussing the Taliban that we instituted for good reason about 8 years ago. Yes, let's move on to other topics inshaAllah. Jazakamullahu khairan.

ws
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: