Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

If dhikr be the food of love, play on.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gift for 8th grader?  (Read 1230 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Jun 12, 2009 08:09 PM »

salams,

i have a friend's daughter who's graduating 8th grade this year. i want to get her a nice gift. but i'm just clueless. i've been trying to think of something for a few weeks. i'm thinking somethign in the 25 range. she's a little boy-crazyand makeup/clothes crazy so wanted to get her something more...intellectual?? or something that's nice but would encourage her in other directions.

i'm not sure if she'd read books if i get them and i don't want to get an ipod or phone. a camera would encourage her vain tendencies i think.... sooo ahhhhhhh just don't know!!
Suleyman
Bro

Reputation Power: 0
Suleyman has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Jun 12, 2009 08:16 PM »

salams,

i have a friend's daughter who's graduating 8th grade this year. i want to get her a nice gift. but i'm just clueless. i've been trying to think of something for a few weeks. i'm thinking somethign in the 25 range. she's a little boy-crazyand makeup/clothes crazy so wanted to get her something more...intellectual?? or something that's nice but would encourage her in other directions.

i'm not sure if she'd read books if i get them and i don't want to get an ipod or phone. a camera would encourage her vain tendencies i think.... sooo ahhhhhhh just don't know!!

As salam,

There is also a 8th grader behind my neck crying for ipod,my niece...if you would like to please her let her say what she wants..if i was her i would like to have what i want...

Wa salaam...

Sincerely yours,

Suleyman Goksel SOYLU,
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Jun 12, 2009 09:09 PM »

lol

not always a good idea to give a kid what they want!! that's why i want something that would be useful/good for her and something she might enjoy.

i dunno maybe i should just give a gift card to wal mart or something...i'm sure it'd come in handy and how much trouble could she get into really? Wink
JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Jun 12, 2009 10:16 PM »

a really nice journal?

i also wouldn't buy her anything too $$ -- i don't know... maybe that's just me... but big gifts should be saved for big milestones.  maybe the 8th grade grad cuts it, but i dunno.
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #4 on: Jun 12, 2009 10:32 PM »

ws,

can't see her writing in it but i was thinking maybe a "scrapbook making set" they have all these stickers and pens and cute stuff. 8th grade over here is a milestone. after that kids enter high school!! it's kind of like the transition from being a kid to a teenager.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: