Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

To biryani, or not to biryani.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: stories of female reverts  (Read 1176 times)
timbuktu
« on: Jun 14, 2009 05:57 PM »

peace be upon you

I made a remark that Western women are turning to Islam in large numbers. Someone took me up on that and is asking for the numbers and names. If I could have links to specific conversion stories, I would post the names and the stories on the IoL board, in slow doses. But please do not give me a link where I have to do the searching. and the reverts must be western women.

Sr. Kathy and jannah may have a few names and stories, and I ask others too to help.

Shukran.
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Jun 14, 2009 08:56 PM »

wsalam,

i don't really have any "conversion stories"?? just people i know who have converted but I don't really know their "stories" or how they came to Islam? i think when people argue like that and want you to show PROOF for every single point or whatever, even if you give them names, telephone numbers, certificates they'd still argue with you. Allahu alam. i think you should point them to their local mosque, to go there and find out themselves how many reverts there are and how/why they converted.
Sr.Kathy
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
Sr.Kathy has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Jun 15, 2009 03:39 PM »

asak
Go to WHYISLAM.org
Their forum has a section of conversion stories.
My masjid in a little city has about one new Shahadah a month- Mostly women.
Send me your personal e-mail and i will send you my story i wrote many years ago for a MSA speech.

"Allah surely knows the warmth of every teardrop... " Jaihoon
Mohamed
Bro

Reputation Power: 2
Mohamed has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Jun 16, 2009 11:45 AM »

Salaam Alikoum

The last one i herad about is the district Judge in UK – Marilyn Mornington –

An interview http://www.viddler.com/explore/Zeemax/videos/121/

... because the more I got to know about Islam, about the Prophet, peace be upon him, it became obvious to me that this is what I want… where I wanted to belong and what it was what I wanted to believe and I also felt very comfortable with the family life and the stories of the wives of the prophet and the companions and it was just somewhere that over a period of time and I would have to say Shaykh Hamza from your own writings and your tapes that I was listening to I realised that this was obviously the life ...

I do have have a pdf on my other pc about that but may be not recent stories ...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: