// my first cavity
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: “Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.” Martin Luther King, Jr. quote
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: my first cavity  (Read 2373 times)
JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« on: Jun 16, 2009 11:09 AM »

okay so i'm OBSESSED with brushing my teeth. i'm one of those weirdos that carries a toothbrush and dental floss with them in their purse.

but for a few months now, i've been having this sharp pain in my tooth when i chew something. i wanted to wait until my baby was a little bit older before i got any dental work done.  so i went in two weeks ago, she filled it up with the white filling.

but it still hurt like crazy... so i went in one week later and she adjusted the "bite" and said to be patient - that sometimes it takes two weeks for the sensitivity to go away. 

but two weeks later, it STILL hurts. in fact, the pain has gotten much worse. and i can't really open my mouth all the way anymore.

i know that most of you are not dentists, but has anyone gotten a filling and experienced something similar?  i am dreading going back to see her Sad

i hate to say this, but i really don't trust dentists that much - even though mine seems like a nice lady.
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #1 on: Jun 16, 2009 04:51 PM »

salam

Could you have an untreated infection?

Go see another dentist if you don't think she knows what she's doing.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Jun 16, 2009 05:47 PM »

ws,

call her back and tell her about it. they might have done something wrong. a cavity filling shouldn't hurt after a day or so, just feel a little numb.
Suleyman
Bro

Reputation Power: 0
Suleyman has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Jun 16, 2009 07:24 PM »

okay so i'm OBSESSED with brushing my teeth. i'm one of those weirdos that carries a toothbrush and dental floss with them in their purse.

but for a few months now, i've been having this sharp pain in my tooth when i chew something. i wanted to wait until my baby was a little bit older before i got any dental work done.  so i went in two weeks ago, she filled it up with the white filling.

but it still hurt like crazy... so i went in one week later and she adjusted the "bite" and said to be patient - that sometimes it takes two weeks for the sensitivity to go away. 

but two weeks later, it STILL hurts. in fact, the pain has gotten much worse. and i can't really open my mouth all the way anymore.

i know that most of you are not dentists, but has anyone gotten a filling and experienced something similar?  i am dreading going back to see her Sad

i hate to say this, but i really don't trust dentists that much - even though mine seems like a nice lady.

Dear Sister,

Please urgently try miswaq,our beloved prophet used to have it...i have tried also ....i can suggest you eagerly...wa salaam...

Sincerely yours,

Suleyman Goksel SOYLU,
Suleyman
Bro

Reputation Power: 0
Suleyman has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: Jun 16, 2009 07:34 PM »

Oops..wrong suggestion,please forget miswaq...cavity filling needs new operations..filling is not enough,she should have killed all nerves before filled up....if failed to do she should reoperate the area with accepting the mistake she made...if she secondly fails up with new pains...say to her...hey you!, time to  bambala basta...

Sincerely yours,

Suleyman Goksel SOYLU,
Blessedgrandma
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
Blessedgrandma has no influence :(

« Reply #5 on: Jun 22, 2009 05:42 AM »

Go see another dentist, I've had a lot of dental work done over the years and
no it should not be so painful. You may of had decay close to the nerve/root/pulp and
may need a root canal. I've had 5 root canals and no pain after the first day on 4 of 5.
Two weeks? Maybe an infection and root pain, please go see a new dentist, you should
not be in pain like this.
JustOne
Sis

« Reply #6 on: Jun 22, 2009 01:13 PM »

Just an update:

I went to see the same dentist again (a third time) last Thursday ... and she got really offended when I suggested I may need to get it refilled.  She filed it down again and said, there should be no pain after 1 week.

Anyway ... today I'm going to another dentist (the pain is almost unbearable now). 

Sigh... I hope inshaAllah it gets better now.

Wasalaam.
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #7 on: Jun 23, 2009 07:53 AM »

salaam

teeth pain is suppose to be one of the worst:(

May Allah swt make it better
JustOne
Sis

« Reply #8 on: Jun 23, 2009 08:43 PM »

Salaam...

Ok so I went to another dentist who happens to be a friend... She found a huge gap in the old filling where food was getting deposited and where an infection was growing. She just put in a temporary filling which will determine if a filling is enough or if I need a root canal. But two hours have passed and the excruciating pain I was experiencing is gone alhamdulillah ...

Moral of the story: find a trustworthy dentist.

Wasalaam
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #9 on: Jun 23, 2009 10:32 PM »

wsalaam,

tooth pain is the wost possible pain in the entire world. i've heard some women say it's worse than childbirth cuz it never ends!!! alhamdulillah ur good now... i'd say go ahead and have a root canal if she suggests it. sometimes those things can get reinfected so could be good to fix it now...but beware they're very expensive.
CountlessBlessings
Sis

Reputation Power: 7
CountlessBlessings has no influence :(

« Reply #10 on: Jun 23, 2009 11:37 PM »

Let me just say that I'm very impressed... you'd never had a cavity before! Ma sha Allah.
You know what they say.... one tooth for every child.  Apparently the precious darlings suck all the calcium out of you when they're growing inside you if your diet happens to be low on calcium.  And if I remember right producing milk also requires calcium.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: