Madinat al-Muslimeen Community
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Apr 21, 2014 04:34 PM

News:

It was the best of times... it was the worst of times... it was shaadi season time.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A R Rahman's life story at Rs. 499  (Read 1419 times)
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« on: Jun 08, 2009 07:07 AM »

A R Rahman's life story at Rs. 499

Sat, Jun 06, 2009 10:30 IST

The first authorized biography of Indian music genius A R Rahman is going to be published on June 10.

Titled ‘A R Rahman: The Musical Storm’, the biography, written by Chennai-based Kamini Mathai, will be published by Penguin India. The title is apparently inspired from the nickname ‘Isai Puyal’ (Music Storm) given to Rahman by several Tamil commentators and critics.

Born as A. S. Dileep Kumar in a musically affluent family, Rahman lost his father at an early age.

The book says about the death of Rahman's father RK Sekhar when Rahman was nine; his efforts as a teenager to keep the family afloat by playing sessions, missing schools; his reasons for embracing Islam and turning to Sufism; his discovery by Mani Ratnam and his subsequent ascent to fame, Penguin said in a release.

While Rahman’s talent was indisputably recognized in India years ago, he struck international fame early this year by winning two Oscars for his score in Slumdog Millionaire .

Time magazine has referred to Rahman as the ‘Mozart of Madras’ and the magazine also placed him in its list of 100 most influential people in the world in 2009.

‘A R Rahman: The Musical Storm’ is priced at Rs 499.

http://www.apunkachoice.com/scoop/music/a-r-rahmans-life-story-at-rs--499.html

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: