// Never Despair of Allah's Mercy- Sh. Hassan
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Your hope in my heart is the rarest treasure / Your Name on my tongue is the sweetest word / My choicest hours / Are the hours I spend with You - Rabi'a al-Adawiyya
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Never Despair of Allah's Mercy- Sh. Hassan  (Read 3999 times)
Abdurahman
Bro

Reputation Power: 4
Abdurahman has no influence :(

Oh Allah, Guide us to the Straight Path.

« on: Jun 11, 2009 09:26 PM »

I dedicate this article to my beloved brother in-law whose mother passed away this morning.  Inna lillahi wa inna illahi raji'oon.

Bismillahir rahman ir raheem
June 10, 2009

Jibreel Asks, and the Prophet Replies
Never Despair of Allah's Mercy—Sh. Muhammad Hassan

Asalamu alaikum wrt wb,

All praise be to Allah, Lord of the Worlds, All praise be to the One Who did not take a child, and has no partner in dominion, the One Who has no helper, Whom there is no god except He, the Creator of all things, and there is no creator other than Him.   Allah deserves all forms of worship, and He declared that we worship none other than Him, that is because Allah is the Truth, and what they call on other than Him is falsehood, and Allah is the Highest, the Greatest.

I bear witness that there is no god other than Allah, unique in His Actions, Names, and Attributes; He has no equal, no partner, no opposite, no wife, no parents, nor children, unique in His Self, attributes, and actions.  “Say: Allah is One, the Lord and Sustainer of the Universe, He has no children, no parents, and there is nothing like Him.”

And I bear witness that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah, the Leader of those who declare God’s Oneness, and His close Friend.  He fulfilled the trust placed on him.  He is the most knowledgeable of people from amongst Allah’s creation, and Prophet of the highest station and rank, who said about Allah: Indeed Allah does not sleep, and it is not befitting of Him to sleep.  His veil is Light, if it were lifted, the vision of the onlooker would be set ablaze.

May Allah send peace and blessings on Prophet Muhammad, the Shining Sun, and Allah opened through him blind eyes, and deaf ears, and sealed hearts, and left us on a clear manifest guidance, its night like its day, and none deviates from it except is in loss. He is the caller to the best of actions and speech and character, and may peace be on his companions, family, and all those who follow his guidance and Sunnah, and take from the fruits of his teachings until the Day of Judgment. 

Welcome dear noble brothers and honorable sisters, fathers and mothers, and may Allah reward you for your efforts.  You have done well, and earned a place for yourselves in Jannah.  I ask Allah the Loving and Generous, who joined us during this blessed hour in His obedience, to join us in the Afterlife with the Best of Callers, and Imam of the Prophets in the Gardens of Paradise, for He is capable of that. 

My beloved: Jibreel asks and the Prophet, peace be upon them both, answers.  Lessons in Aqeedah and Imaan, and Tawheed, based on the Hadith of Jibreel, I present it to the beloved Ummah in a new unique means of presentation, the unique questions and concise answers that take place between the Prophet peace be upon him and Jibreel.  And why not, when the questioner is the Trustworthy one of the heavens, Jibreel, and the teacher is the Trustworthy one of the earth, our noble Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him.

And that is through a beautiful conversation, questions and answers, in this beautiful hadith narrated by Bukhari in its abridged form, and Muslim, Ahmed, and others at length, and the version I chose for us: Yahya bin Amr said:  The first one who spoke of denying Qadr in Basra was Ma’bad al Juhani.  So we, I and Abdurahman al-Himrawi left for Hajj or Umrah, and we said, if only we find someone from the companions of the Prophet, peace be upon him, so that we may ask him about Destiny.  We were blessed to found Ibn Umar in a Masjid, and we gathered around him, some of us on his left, and others on his right, and I said:  Oh Abu Abdurahman, some people have begun to read the Quran seeking out its minute details, believing that there is no Qadr, and that all events happen spontaneously, and that Allah doesn’t know about them until they happen.  Ibn Umar said: “If you meet them, tell them that I am free from them and they are free from me.  By Allah, if they gave a mountain of gold in charity it would not be accepted by Allah from them until they believe in Destiny.”  Ibn Umar then said, ‘Hadathani Abi’ i.e. my father (Umar bin al-Khattab) taught me: “While we were sitting with the Prophet, peace be upon him, one day, a man suddenly came upon us, his clothes were extremely white, and his hair extremely black, and he had no signs of travel upon him, and none of us knew him.  He sat next to the Prophet, placing his knees towards his knees, and placing his hands on his thighs and said, ‘Oh Muhammad, Teach me about Islam…’ 
The Prophet peace be upon him said, ‘Islam is to bear witness that there is no god but Allah, and that Muhammad is His messenger, establish prayer, pay Zakat, fast Ramadan, and perform Hajj if you are able.’  The man said, ‘You have spoken the truth.’  We were amazed that he asked him a question, and then told him he was correct!  He then said ‘Teach me about Iman.’
 The Prophet replied, “To believe in Allah, His angels, His Books, His Messengers, and the Day of Judgment, and to believe in Destiny, its good and evil.”  He said, ‘You have spoken the truth.’  He then said…’Teach me about Ihsaan…’  The Prophet said, “To worship Allah as if you see him, and if you aren’t able to see him, then He indeed Sees you.”  He said, ‘Teach me about the Hour…’ 
The Prophet peace be upon him replied, “The one being asked does not know more than one questioning.”  The man said, ‘Then tell me about its signs.’  The Prophet said, ‘A slave-woman will give birth to her master, and you will see barefoot, naked, herdsmen competing in constructing tall buildings.” 
Then the questioner left.  We sat for a while, and then the Prophet peace be upon him said: ‘Do you know who the questioner was oh Umar?’  I said, ‘Allah and His Messenger know best.’  He replied, ‘He is Gabriel (Jibreel), he came to teach you your religion.’ ”

My honored friends, tonight we are meeting for the 29th time, and we continue with this means of teaching, Hadathani Abi, my father taught me.

We spoke last time during this critical series about Tarbiyya by example, Tarbiyyah by love, Tarbiyya by Aqeedah, and Tarbiyya by Ibaadah, and Tarbiyya by Akhlaq, and we continue speaking about Tarbiyya by Akhlaq, and the first foundation of Akhlaq is by Adab.

And we spoke about Adab with Allah, and with the Prophet of Allah peace be upon him, with the Rulers and Scholars, and Adab with parents.  And last time I spoke about Adab of Muslims with their brothers and sisters. 

And I spoke at length about this all encompassing hadith narrated by Bukhari and Muslim:

The Prophet said, “The Right of a Muslim on a Muslim are five:

1.)  Returning Salaam and greetings.  This is a major right.  We will see the depth of these words tonight.
2.)  Visiting the sick
3.)  Following the funeral procession. 
4.)  Answering the invitation
5.)  And praying for mercy to for the sneezer
And in Bukhari’s narration, the Prophet added a sixth right:
6.)  And if he seeks your advice, then give him your advice.”

The Prophet explains the right of a Muslim on his brother, and we spoke last time about spreading salaams, and how to return salaams.

Tonight, my brothers and sisters, we have the second Adab, which is visiting the sick.  I want to speak tonight, to the sick, those who are laying on their hospital beds, or at home, who are ill.  There are many, yes so many sick and those in pain and difficulties.

I ask Allah to make this pain, and this test, a purification for you, and raise you in degrees with Allah.   I want to speak to all those who are ill, and not only those sick in body, but those whose hearts are hurt, or have pain, and difficulty, and even if people see them outwardly as being patient, but at the same time they are hurting, and their hearts have pain and sadness, and perhaps this type of illness is more painful than physical illness.

Yes the pain in the heart is much more hurtful, and I know what I am saying, these stresses and pains are much more difficult.

I say to you who are sick or struggling:  Know that Allah does not test any of his servants except if He Loves him. 
Shaykh, fear Allah!  Those who are sick, or have psychological stresses and difficulties, Allah loves them?!  What is your daleel?

The words of the Prophet peace be upon him, when the Prophet was asked, which person is most tested by Allah?  What did the Prophet say?  The Mushrikoon?  No.  The Sinners?  No.  He said, the Prophets, then those closest to them, then those closest to them.

If a person is strong in his religion, Allah will test him according to his strength in religion.  Now listen to these words of the Prophet, this beautiful news of the Prophet:  “And Allah will continue to test him (with sickness or sadness) until he walks on the earth without any sins.”

What do you think about this, and perhaps you are lying in bed with tears in your eyes, or are in the hospital, and you are crying right now.  Yes, this is the good news for you from the Prophet peace be upon him, it is meant for you.

“If Allah loves a person, He tests him.”  As narrated by Tirmidhi.  So whoever is pleased with his tribulation, it is best for him.  May Allah make us of those who are pleased, for it is a good deed.  Being pleased is rewarded, but it is not required, because not everyone can be pleased at all times. 

But Sabr is required, holding the tongue from complaining about the decree of Allah.  Shaykh, you mean the tongue cannot complain?  No, there are two types of complaint, complaining to Allah, and complaining about Allah’s decree.  This second type is very dangerous, it is like saying, to Allah, You are the Raaziq, why didn’t You provide for me?  This is not allowed, but complaining to Allah is allowed, for even the Prophets complained to Allah.

The two noble prophets raised their complaints to Allah, using His Names and Attributes, saying Oh Mawlaah!  Oh Saayid!  Yaqub, he complained about his state, he said, “I only complain my pain and hardship to Allah.”  There is no haraj to complain to Allah, yes, complain to Allah, and be humble to Him, and be insistent, oh patient women, the one whose heart is filled with sadness and stresses, you can complain to your Lord dear sister, there is no harm in that.

And the second Prophet, it is Ayyub, Allah said about him, “We found him patient.  A noble servant!”  This is beautiful praise by Allah for him!  And despite this, Ayyub complained about his state, he said, “The harm has afflicted me!”  So there is no harm to complain your pains to Allah.  For a servant is a servant, and Allah is the Lord, and you may feel better crying to Allah, so there is no harm at all in crying to Allah.

There is no e escaping from surrendering yourself to Allah, and if you cannot be pleased with Allah’s decree, then at least have Sabr.  Allah says:  “We will test you with something of fear and hunger, and shortness of wealth and life and fruits of labor, yet give good news to the patient.  Those, when they are afflicted with hardship, they say:  To Allah we belong and to Him we return.”

They are those who have patience over the difficulty of death, of sickness.  No, tribulation isn’t revenge from Allah, or punishment, for his righteous servants, no, it is for the Prophets and those like them.  The Best of Creation, the Prophet peace be upon him, was afflicted with the greatest tribulation:  the pain of the death of his beloved.  Allah calls death Museebah in the Quran.  The Prophet was tested with the death of his son Ibrahim, and his wife Khadija, during his lifetime.  And he was tested with the death of his beloved relatives, and from them Hamza.

The apple of the Prophet’s eye, Ibrahim died.  The Prophet cried.  Is crying allowed?  Yes, crying doesn’t contradict patience, it is sadness and mercy Allah placed in the hearts of His Creation. 

There is no harm to cry, for the Prophet said, these beautiful words:  The eyes cry, the heart is sad, oh Ibrahim we are saddened by your departure, but the tongue only says what pleases Allah, and to Allah we belong and to Him we return.

And the Prophet was tested in the thing that is most beloved to a person, his honor.  The Prophet’s honor was tested, and it is the most dangerous form of tribulation.   The wife of the Prophet, Aisha the mother of the believers, was accused of adultery by the sullied hypocrite Abdullah bin Ubay ibn Salool.

A whole month passed by, and not a single verse was revealed, and not even a dream.  And it was his beloved wife.  “Those who came with the accusation are a group from you.”
Until Allah revealed her innocence, in the home of her father, Abu Bakr.

The Prophet was tested in his Dawah, and you know the love of the Prophet for Dawah, and his effort.  From the first moment, on the Mount of Nur.

He called out to the Quraysh from the top of the mountain, and he said, ‘If I said there were an army behind this mountain, would you believe me.”  “We don’t know you to lie.”  “Then know I am the messenger of Allah, and follow me.”  His uncle said, “Is this what you gathered us for?”  They scoffed him and left him standing alone.

They called him a liar, even though he was known as the “Truthful One.”  No, it is not possible for him to lie.

And they poured impurities on him while he was praying.  And they expelled him from Makkah, his home.  And at Taif, they did the worst a human can do to another.

Oh people who are suffering!  This is the Messenger of Allah, suffering at the hands of his people.  And he was afflicted in body.  He became sick.  Yes, I hear some people say if someone gets sick, “Let him get used to it, let him drink a little pain.”

No my brother!  This is not right, we don’t encourage such things, Allah could heal him and afflict you with a greater illness.

The Prophet was so hot in fever, and Abbas couldn’t imagine the pain, and even Abdullah bin Masud, couldn’t even watch him.  In Bukhari it is narrated Ibn Musud came to the Prophet during his final illness, and he was extremely hot from his fever.  And a human being is weak, and a person may not be able stand the pain in his skull or body, although he may be able to speak kind patient words.

The Prophet peace be upon him was suffering, and Ibn Masud said, “I see you suffering a terrible suffering!”  The Prophet peace be upon him said, “Yes, Abdullah, I suffer like two men from amongst you.”  Imagine the pain of the Prophet peace be upon him, the pain of two men from the Sahabah.
Abdullah said, ‘Is that because you have 2 rewards?’  The Prophet, peace be upon him, said, “Yes, for there is no Muslim who is afflicted by a thorn, or greater than it, except Allah forgives his sins, and the sins fall from him like the leaves fall from a tree.”

And in Saheeh Muslim, listen to this, oh you who is suffering and you who is watching from your bed, oh sister, who is suffering because your beloved is gone, or you are in emotional pain and hurt, the Prophet peace be upon him said, “No Muslim is afflicted with tiredness, or pain, or worry, or sadness, or slight, or concern, even a thorn pricking him, except by it Allah removes and cancels out his sins.”

I didn’t want to extend this introduction, but I want to send our sick brothers and sisters happiness and may Allah send the coolness of patience on them.  Have good news brother who is suffering, sister who is suffering, Allah says, “Allah grants reward to the patient without account.”

The Prophet said, “The affair of the believer is amazing.  All his affairs are good.  If goodness befalls him, he is grateful, and that is good for him, and if hardship befalls him, he is patient, and that is better for him. And this is only for a believer.”

Perhaps a sister or brother might ask me, “Why did Allah test the best of the believers, the Prophet, by difficulties, to remove his sins?  Didn’t Allah forgive all his sins that went before and after him?”

Know my sister, mother, or brother, know that tribulation has three levels.  This is a very important principle, so pay attention to it.

1.)    The first level is testing (Tamheess), for Allah said, “Did people think they will be left alone to say, we believe, and they will not be tested?”  Will you be patient, will you be strong?  If Allah tested a person, and he was tested, but the hardship remains.  Why? 
2.)   This is the second level of tribulation, it is purification (Tat-heer).  I mentioned the hadith about removing sins even by the prick of a thorn.  Ok, but a person has patience, and his sins were removed, but the hardships still continue.  Why?
3.)   This is the third level, the level of Prophethood, of the Prophet peace be upon him, the raising of ranks (Raf’a ad-darajaat).  By Allah, if Allah wanted to show a person at this level his rising in rank at this level, he would ask Allah to increase him in his test.  I ask Allah to grant us Ridaa and pleasure at His Decree.

I know there are many who are being tested, I don’t go anywhere but I see thousands who are ill and suffering.  I ask Allah, at this very moment, and I ask it to be the moment of answering, let the pains go away from those who are suffering, the sick of body and heart, and to let their hopes return to them, and let the healing and shifaa come down to the sick from you oh Allah.

My beloved, from the most beautiful I have read, is what Imam Muslim narrated, the Prophet said, on Allah, in a hadith Qudsi, Allah says on the Day of Judgment to His Slave, “My Servant, I was Sick, and you didn’t Visit Me.”  Ya Allah.  “The slave will say, how can I visit you, and you are the Lord of the Universe.”  Allah will says, “My servant so and so was sick, and you didn’t visit him.  Don’t you know, if you visited him, you would have found Me with Him?” 

And the hadith continues, “And Allah will say, “I was hungry and you didn’t Feed Me.”  “How could I Feed you and You are the lord of the Universe.”   We will have an entire lesson on this hadith, by Allah’s permission.

Listen to what the Prophet said, in Bukhari, and Bukhari titled it “The requirement of visiting the sick Muslim”, “Visit the sick, and feed the hungry, and release the suffering.”

Many are negligent in visiting the sick, and they have time to do so.  If they have an excuse, then there is not sin on them.  But those who have the ability, yet they refuse to do so, they miss out on a great reward.

Listen to this hadith, in Muslim, that the Prophet said, “Indeed a Muslim, if he visits his sick Muslim brother, he remains in the khurfah of Jannah until he returns.  The Sahabah said, what is the Khurfah of Jannah?  He said, “The Ripe Fruits of Paradise.”

And from the people of knowledge some said whoever seeks a path to visit a sick person, it is like seeking a path to Paradise.

And in a Hassan narration from Tirmidhi, the Prophet said, “There is no Muslim who visits another Muslim in the morning except 70,000 angels pray for him until the evening, and he will have the Khurfah of Paradise.  And if he visited him in the evening, they will pray for him until morning.”

Imagine how much we have been negligent in visiting the sick.
Have a good intention when you visit others, not just to get something back from them, or for some worldly benefit.  Change your intention. 

After this background and encouragement for visiting the sick, what are the Adaab, the manners of visiting the sick?:

1.)    It is to make the visit light.  Make dua for them, not to eat or drink, or to increase their pain and difficulty, you do not you go there to make it more difficult.  Except if he insists, and holds you back, and if it fills him with happiness, then there is no harm.

2.)   Another Adab is not to say anything to the sick person that may hurt his feelings.  Someone might say things that hurt the sick person’s feelings.  There are so many who increase the pain of the one they are visiting.  I give advice to the wife, the children, and anyone around, to not speak about the dunya and saying things that bother the sick person.

3.)   Another Adab is to make Ruqya for the sick person, or make dua for them.  The Prophet peace be upon him when he visited the sick, he would say, “Oh Allah Lord of the People, send the harm away, heal for You are the Healer, there is no healing except Your healing, which sends away harm.”

4.)   The Prophet peace be upon him would say, “Place your right hand on the place of pain, (if your stomach is hurting place your hand on that place,) then say, “Bismillah bismillah bismillah, then 7 times, I seek refuge in the power and might of Allah, from the evil of what I find and seek refuge from.”

5.)   Abu Dawud narrated, the Prophet said, “Whoever visits a sick person, and Allah didn’t decree his death, and says to him seven times, “I ask Allah the Mighty, Lord of the Might Throne, to Heal You.”  except Allah will heal him.  It requires a person who is sincere, and eats halal.  May Allah make us from them.

6.)   The Prophet would place happiness in their hearts, and say, “No problem, it is a purification inshallah.”

7.)   Jibreel came down to make Ruqya for the Prophet, Jibreel said, “In the Name of Allah I make ruqya for you, from everything that harms you, from the evil of every soul or evil eye, I ask Allah to heal you.”  Shaykh, isn’t there a hadith that says 70,000 who will enter Paradise and they don’t ask for Ruqya.
Yes that is for those who seek Ruqya, but the Prophet peace be upon him didn’t ask Jibreel for Ruqya.  But if someone comes forward, then you shouldn’t turn them away.  And you should be the first to offer Ruqya when visiting the sick.

I will close today with this narration in Tirmidhi, that the Sahabah said, the Prophet said, “Whoever says, La illaha illa Allah, wallahu Akbar.  His Lord will consider him truthful.  Then Allah will say, “There is no god but Me, and I am Greater.”  And if he said, “la illaha illa Allah la sharika la,”  Allah will say, “There is no god but Me, and I have no partner.”  And whoever says, “La illaha illa Allah lahu mulk wa lahu al hamd.”  Allah will say, “There is no god but Me, and to Me belongs the Dominion and Hamd.”  And whoever says, “La illaha illa Allah, wa La hawla wa la quwaata illa billah.”  Allah will say, “There is no god but Me, and there is no Strength and no Power save with me.”

Then the Prophet said, “Whoever said these words in his illness, then dies, the Fire will not be able to touch him.”

These are some of the Adab taught by the Prophet, peace be upon him, have you seen some of the beauty of this religion?   My beloved, our Prophet didn’t leave any manners or any goodness except he showed it to us, and he didn’t leave any harm except he warned us about it.

I ask Allah to let us meet the beloved Prophet, and drink from his hands from the Hawd, and to see the Face of Allah in the Paradise.

And I ask Allah, after this lesson, to heal all the sick, and send down the coolness of Sakeenah and Content from Allah, and I ask Allah to have mercy on those who have passed away.   And make us of those who earn His Pleasure.

This, and whatever I said which is correct is from Allah, and anything wrong is from my nafs.  I seek refuge in Allah from reminding you of Him and I myself forgetting him.

And I seek refuge in Allah from being a bridge which others cross over into Paradise, which is then cast away into the Fire.

Asalamualaikum wrt wb.

Be merciful to those on earth, and the One in the Heavens will be merciful to you.
Sr.Kathy
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
Sr.Kathy has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Jun 12, 2009 02:38 PM »

Subhanna Allah- this was a good post. You know it is good when you immediately e-mail it to your buddies.
I liked how he also addressed the trials of the heart. I never thought of it as a test- just a failing.

"Allah surely knows the warmth of every teardrop... " Jaihoon
Abdurahman
Bro

Reputation Power: 4
Abdurahman has no influence :(

Oh Allah, Guide us to the Straight Path.

« Reply #2 on: Jun 18, 2009 11:56 PM »

Asalamualaikum wrt wb,

Mashallah sister Kathy, may Allah reward you for starting a good Sunnah, I hope everyone follows your lead and sends out the beneficial articles to their friends, from here or any other site.

Wassalam

Be merciful to those on earth, and the One in the Heavens will be merciful to you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: