Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

Alas, poor imam.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Good News... for once  (Read 1841 times)
UBAB
Bro

Reputation Power: 3
UBAB has no influence :(

2 [agree] or not 2 [disagree]-that is the question

« on: Jul 13, 2009 08:09 PM »

As-salam-mu-alaikum,

Just wanted to share some good news.

Recently (late June), I just passed my Project Management Professional (PMP) test, so I received my PMP designation.

Because of this, just last week, I was offered a newly created management position at our company, Manager, PMO, which I have accepted, inshallah. The primarly role of this Manager is to be a teacher, which I was planning to do after finishing my engineering degree, but had to abandon years ago, so I get a chance to fulfill my dream again (although not as a professor:) ), inshallah.

I am now winding down my current job functions and getting ready to switch over to the new one next month.

Apparently some things put me on the Executive's radar which I was unaware of.

First, I helped organize the first Ramadan Party we ever had at work, and invited the entire company to come, and over 250 people showed up to enjoy samosas, cake and baklava. The CEO and some of the VPs noticed and the organizing team each received a gift from the executives and HR which was almost equal to the value to the cost of running the event (which was awesome since we didn't do it for gifts). Also, the organizing team had their picture taken with the VPs and CEO to commerate this special occasion... this also led to the first Diwali party ever organized by a much larger Hindu population at work a few weeks later Smiley (they held an identical event - except laddoos instead of Baklavas)

Secondly, our team was the first team to finish a project on time Smiley

Third, after be absent from the Islamic volunteering scene for many years, I decided to help a Islamic local organzation with a problem they are having. It was just random conversations over a few months led to a the establishment of a major multi-year project that will help the Ummah. After I came back from a lunch time meeting with this organization, and came back to work - I was immediately cornered by my Director, the HR Director and the Director of this new department
and offered the new position. This position was modified to a Management Position to try and convince me to join, although I would have probably joined it even if it wasn't.

Finally, I did not realize that getting the designation would help me at work - I was (my intention for) doing it for my for my own personally satisfaction, and I celebrated by bring in boxes and boxes of donuts to work to celebrate - my coworkers were very happy that I got the designation ...or were they happy to be getting a free donut? ... hmm... anyways, news of free donuts (and the reason behind it) spread to HR, the new department and the "executive row" the area where the CEO and VP's offices are located.

Many things happened since I started this process, including a serious car accident 2.5 years ago which I am still recovering from. But Allahamdullah, I am grateful to Allah (swt) for honouring me with this responsibility.

thobebro
   UBAB

Your heart will not truly open until you understand Surah 21 : Verse 92  (Al-Anbiya: The Prophets)

Help Build the Community! Visit:
Madinat al-Muslimeen > The City > Naseeha Corner > Community Toolbox
salaampeaceshalom
Sis

Reputation Power: 2
salaampeaceshalom has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Jul 13, 2009 08:43 PM »

walaikum asalaam,

Hey, many congrats  Smiley.  May this new position be fruitful for you, may Allaah ta^ala Bless you through it, and may it be so much better than your original dream insha'Allaah. 

I love it when people are able to fulfill their dreams in whatever way, it's the coolest thing Smiley.

'If he woke up and had enough food for the day and shelter (a roof over his head) and he does not fear for his safety, then it is as if he has been given the dunya.'
Mohamed
Bro

Reputation Power: 2
Mohamed has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Jul 13, 2009 09:21 PM »

Congrats Brother
pearl
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
pearl has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Jul 14, 2009 01:38 AM »

As salaamu alaikum --

Congratulations!  Passing the PMP and fulfilling all of the other requirements is quite an accomplishment! 

Congrats for the new job, too!
um aboodi
Sis

Reputation Power: 26
um aboodi barely matters :(um aboodi barely matters :(

« Reply #4 on: Jul 14, 2009 03:15 AM »

salam

congrats, br UBAB masha'Allah la quwatta illa billah. 

May this certification and the new position bring all khair to you and your family - ameen.

wassalam 
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #5 on: Jul 14, 2009 04:04 AM »

This is awesome news brother!!! We're all very happy for you. It sounds like you are doing some awesome dawah at work and outside of it as well!! You must have some funny work stories to tell. That's one thing I miss about not working in an "office". Many times life was just a sitcom Wink May Allah reward you.

ws Smiley
timbuktu
« Reply #6 on: Jul 14, 2009 10:29 PM »

peace be upon you

Congratulations, and may your work, and progress in every sphere continue.
Hard2Hit
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
Hard2Hit has no influence :(

Taubah

« Reply #7 on: Jul 15, 2009 05:56 AM »

Salaams,

Hmmm a fellow manager... congrats bro... we should have an e-seating sometime and smoke cigar shadyguy .... err i mean talk about management styles etc Wink

I didn't go for PMP yet, many of my friends have it though. I just did BS->MS in CS, some years of computer hugging and got promoted to a manager after 5 years of experience, after that I did some management certification from LUMS and couple of other short trainings.

Back to utilizing our teams efficiently and leading by example... and stuff...

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« Reply #8 on: Jul 15, 2009 07:06 AM »

Mabrook and good for your bro UBAB!

I hope you enjoy the new position and have fun too.

Cheers!

Halima

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
lucid
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
lucid has no influence :(

« Reply #9 on: Jul 15, 2009 04:48 PM »

assalamualaikum

alhamdulillahsmiley