// Saving Cord Blood , what do you think?
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Morality: The Prophet said: 'The most perfect of the believers in faith are the best of them in moral excellence, and the best of you are the kindest to their wives. (Sunan At-Tirmidhî)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Saving Cord Blood , what do you think?  (Read 1555 times)
Nadia
« on: Jul 15, 2009 03:47 AM »

Salam everyone,

Has anyone saved the cord blood from the umbilical cord of your child? I am hearing a lot about it lately and wondered what everyone here thinks of doing so. It is very expensive, but it may be worth it. My husband and I have not came to a decision yet and just want to hear some opinions. I will have my baby Inshallah in about 3 months. Thank you for your input!

Salam
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Jul 15, 2009 03:57 AM »

wsalam,

I don't know the Islamic opinion on it but what is that stuff used for??
Nadia
« Reply #2 on: Jul 15, 2009 04:03 AM »

Salam,

I believe its stem cells are used to help cure diseases (you can donate it or save it for your baby for future use), I'd have to look up the exact diseases as I don't know them off by heart. I'll get some info for you and post it.
Blessedgrandma
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
Blessedgrandma has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Jul 15, 2009 04:19 PM »

It is saved in case the infant or other siblings later in life come down with an illness
or diseae that their own blood cells can help.

http://www.cordbloodbankingguide.com/

http://www.cordblood.com/cord_blood_faqs/banking_cordblood.asp

http://www.ehow.com/how_11441_save-cord-blood.html
Wafa
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
Wafa has no influence :(

*Just dream it*

« Reply #4 on: Jul 15, 2009 06:19 PM »

Salam,

I have been getting many pamphlets on the issue lately. I'm due in about a month, and my husband and I decided to forego it just in case it wasn't halal or something. Plus it's mega expensive.

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, “I used everything you gave me."
Nadia
« Reply #5 on: Jul 16, 2009 12:44 AM »

Salam again!

Thanks BlessedGrandma for the information sites Smiley
Wafa - Goodluck to you! I'm not too far behind! I guess that is my other question, is it Halal? I think I will ask my uncle he is a sheik. I might see him tonight, I will post after that! It is very expensive......but I keep wondering that what if I don't save it and I could use it down the road for my daughter or the new baby....I'll post back!
Sr.Kathy
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
Sr.Kathy has no influence :(

« Reply #6 on: Jul 17, 2009 01:09 AM »

asak
If you find out later on it isn't halal- then you can throw it away!

"Allah surely knows the warmth of every teardrop... " Jaihoon
Nadia
« Reply #7 on: Jul 20, 2009 04:19 AM »

Salam!

We are going to save the cord blood. We have found that it could cure my niece of a disease possibly, Inshallah!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: