Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

Alas, poor imam.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Moved recently....  (Read 1372 times)
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« on: Jul 15, 2009 08:56 AM »

After 16 years of living in the same place (house), I decided to move - for a change of scene.  Finally moved on July 5, 2009.

I had forgotten the hassles of house hunting, of moving and dealing with unnecessary junk accumulated over the years.

Plus the fatigue that comes with relocation.

Alhamdu Lillah, everything worked out fine.

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #1 on: Jul 15, 2009 04:46 PM »

Salam Sis - Mubarak ho! (as we Indo-Paks say, hehe). Wish that your new home is full of blessings and a place of new and wonderful memories. Ameen.

desibro
BABA

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
UBAB
Bro

Reputation Power: 3
UBAB has no influence :(

2 [agree] or not 2 [disagree]-that is the question

« Reply #2 on: Jul 16, 2009 03:58 PM »

After 16 years of leaving in the place (house), I decided to move - for a change of scene.  Finally moved on July 5, 2009.

I had forgotten the hassles of house hunting, of moving and dealing with unnecessary junk accumulated over the years.

As-salam-mu-alaikum Halima,

Congratulation on on your new home. May Allah (swt) bless you new home with his blessing and keep it a home of protection from the evil that is in this world.

I've just bought my first house last week, and moving in Dec (house is not yet finished)... if you have any tips for moving, packing, not bring over the clutter or junk... let me know, inshallah.

thobebro
   UBAB

Your heart will not truly open until you understand Surah 21 : Verse 92  (Al-Anbiya: The Prophets)

Help Build the Community! Visit:
Madinat al-Muslimeen > The City > Naseeha Corner > Community Toolbox
Sr.Kathy
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
Sr.Kathy has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Jul 17, 2009 01:08 AM »

Subhanna Allah! May it be good for you.
Show us pictures!
Are your boys sad- missing the memories made in your old home?

"Allah surely knows the warmth of every teardrop... " Jaihoon
Halima
Sis

Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« Reply #4 on: Jul 17, 2009 07:24 AM »

After 16 years of living in the same place (house), I decided to move - for a change of scene.  Finally moved on July 5, 2009.

As-salam-mu-alaikum Halima,

Congratulation on on your new home. May Allah (swt) bless you new home with his blessing and keep it a home of protection from the evil that is in this world.

I've just bought my first house last week, and moving in Dec (house is not yet finished)... if you have any tips for moving, packing, not bring over the clutter or junk... let me know, inshallah.

thobebro
   UBAB

Shukran Bro UBAB.  Number 1, if you are in no hurry to vacate your current abode, sort out what you want to take with you and what you want to discard/donate/sell.  That is one advantage that I had because the house I vacated is actually mine. I was in no hurry to rent it hence I had the luxury of deciding on what moves with me and what doesn't, at my own pace.  I also got a Sheikh to bless the new home (apartment) before I moved in. 

Plus, I did not move with any old furniture - beds, sofa seats, dining tables (I had two sets of dining tables) etc., except for the electronic stuff, my cooker, microwave, fridge, TV, VCR and DVD player. I sold all of my old furniture, donated some, and discarded what was absolute.  You wouldn't believe how lighter I felt as a result of doing that.

Salam Sis - Mubarak ho! (as we Indo-Paks say, hehe). Wish that your new home is full of blessings and a place of new and wonderful memories. Ameen.

BABA

Shukran Bro WCoastbaba!  Mubarak ho, indeed.  May Allah accept your Duas on my behalf.

Subhanna Allah! May it be good for you.
Show us pictures!
Are your boys sad- missing the memories made in your old home?

Shukran SrKathy.  Will post pics as soon as I can.  Actually, Haroun, my youngest son was very nostalgic about the move.  He sent me an email and said: "Mom, I am glad that you are renting our house and not selling it.  Please Mom, don't sell it because that is where I grew up and I want to live in that house when I come back to Kenya."  I was deeply touched and moved by that. I assured him that I am not going to sell it.

I moved into an apartment (though I dislike apartments) - rental.  My first exploration of the area was if there was a Masjid near it.  And Alhamdu Lillah there is one around the corner of the street where the apartment is located.  It is a small Masjid and hearing the Adhan is not that easy or clear as the Masjids of where I lived before.  There is a sisters' prayer area beautifully done.  Most of the inhabitants of this area are Asians (Indians and Pakistanis) of which the majority are Muslims, Alhamdu Lillah. 

The Almighty Allah says,

Shahida
Sis

Reputation Power: 47
Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« Reply #5 on: Jul 17, 2009 12:41 PM »

Salam alaikum

Mabrook on your new house!! May Allah swt bless you in it, and provide you with peace, serenity and security! Smiley

Moving house is stressful...and yes, I also did not want us to sell our childhood home, but it was wayyy too big, and a good decision on my mom's part, mashaAllah.

So that means we have to visit you in your new home!!! Smiley Sub7anAllah, I was flying over Tanzania last week, so close, I thought of you...

Everyone here sends salams:)
S.
tq
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
tq has no influence :(

« Reply #6 on: Jul 17, 2009 01:13 PM »

Assalamo elikuim
Congratulation Sr. Halima, May Allah swt bless your family and your new home with His Barakat and Rahma, Ameen.

I agree with your advice about sorting what you would be needing and would be moving. I have moved a lot before and after marriage Smiley My father had a job in which we had to move every 2-3 years and I thought once I got married, I am done with moving Smiley but in last 16 years I have moved to two countries and 7 states , 11 houses in total Smiley. I read somewhere that if you havent used anything in  last six months, then you probably wont be using it again and its better to give it to someone who will be using it Smiley Good advice but hard to follow Smiley
Looking forward to pictures.
Wasalam
tq
Halima
Sis

« Reply #7 on: Jul 21, 2009 01:46 PM »

Salam alaikum

Mabrook on your new house!! May Allah swt bless you in it, and provide you with peace, serenity and security! Smiley

Moving house is stressful...and yes, I also did not want us to sell our childhood home, but it was wayyy too big, and a good decision on my mom's part, mashaAllah.

So that means we have to visit you in your new home!!! Smiley Sub7anAllah, I was flying over Tanzania last week, so close, I thought of you...

Everyone here sends salams:)
S.

Shukran, Sis Shahida for the dua.  I do understand your Mom sold it. 

Next, please make a stop over in Nariobi, INSHA-ALLAH.

My regards and salaams to all of them!

Assalamo elikuim
Congratulation Sr. Halima, May Allah swt bless your family and your new home with His Barakat and Rahma, Ameen.

I agree with your advice about sorting what you would be needing and would be moving. I have moved a lot before and after marriage  My father had a job in which we had to move every 2-3 years and I thought once I got married, I am done with moving  but in last 16 years I have moved to two countries and 7 states , 11 houses in total . I read somewhere that if you havent used anything in  last six months, then you probably wont be using it again and its better to give it to someone who will be using it  Good advice but hard to follow
Looking forward to pictures.
Wasalam
tq

Shukran and Ameen, Sis tq!

The Almighty Allah says,

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: