Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 3 legal papers shouldn't live without  (Read 3657 times)
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« on: Jul 17, 2009 08:38 AM »

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/RetirementandWills/PlanYourEstate/PlanYourEstateDyn.aspx?cp-documentid=20762607

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
Abdurahman
Bro

Reputation Power: 4
Abdurahman has no influence :(

Oh Allah, Guide us to the Straight Path.

« Reply #1 on: Jul 18, 2009 12:02 PM »

Asalamualaikum wrt wb,

All praise be to Allah, and may peace be upon His Messenger.

Here is a well written Islamic Will authored by the scholars.  It adheres to the Islamic Law according all four Madhabs.    May Allah reward the brothers and Ulema who made it available for the Muslims in the West.  

I pray that all Muslims follow the Islamic Will, that is in obedience to Allah, so that we may meet Allah and He is happy with us.  It is wrong to follow the secular laws in distributing one's inheritance, for Allah says:

"For men there is a fixed portion (of inheritance) which was left by parents and relatives, and for women there is a fixed portion (of inheritance)  which was left by parents and relatives, whether it is small or great, a portion fixed (by Allah.)"  (Surah Nisaa, 7)

And Allah knows best.

Be merciful to those on earth, and the One in the Heavens will be merciful to you.
Abdurahman
Bro

Reputation Power: 4
Abdurahman has no influence :(

Oh Allah, Guide us to the Straight Path.

« Reply #2 on: Jul 20, 2009 11:05 AM »

Asalamu alaikum wrt wb,

Note:  There is one mistake that I noticed.  In the portion that says:  ARTICLE VII: BEQUESTS

It should have been made clear that bequests can only be given to non-inheritors, ie. distant relatives or others who do not have a fixed portion of inheritance set in the Quran. 

This is because the Prophet peace be upon him said:  "La wasseeyata lil waarith.  There is no bequest for an inheritor."

And Allah knows best.

Be merciful to those on earth, and the One in the Heavens will be merciful to you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: