Madinat al-Muslimeen Community
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Apr 17, 2014 02:05 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: A rakah a rakah! My kingdom for a rakah!'

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Confused Re: Hifz  (Read 3208 times)
salma
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
salma has no influence :(

« on: Jul 19, 2009 02:43 AM »

Salaamalikum,
I came to know yesterday that my son who is almost 8 got accepted in a Hifz Program ( 7 am -5 pm), I know I should be proud and happy as both of us wanted this, but I can't help but feel apprehensive.
I would like to hear from mom's who have been through this.
Salaamalikum.
Barr
Sis

Reputation Power: 8
Barr has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Jul 20, 2009 03:11 PM »

Wa'alaikumussalam warahmatullah,

MashaAllah Smiley Mabrook, ukhti Smiley

7am-5pm seems like a very long time. What is their curriculum like? Do they have breaks? Do they teach other subjects? Is their methodology child-centred?

Is their curriculum comapatible with your child? And how is your child's relationship with the Qur'an like? How mature is he?

Allahua'lam, it is hard to say with very little details. Maybe Umm Ibraheem could help, inshaAllah.

Wassalamu'alaikum

salma
Sis

« Reply #2 on: Jul 21, 2009 07:45 AM »

Salaamalikum,
They do have home schooling alongside the program. And my son is diagnosable ADHD not on any medication and he was born premature ( 2 months) and very immature and impulsive...yet he seems eager and is has shown some big changes in his demenor and enthusiasm over the prospect of doing Hifz ( I do not think he comprehends the magnitude or else he does and is excited). They did say that they will see for about a month how he does and decide.7-5 seems like a very long time and he is such a picky eater, I am worried about small things and his dad seems pretty confident.
I have met some people who have done Hifz and somehow were not ...lets just say nice.
Barr
Sis

Reputation Power: 8
Barr has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Jul 31, 2009 02:38 AM »

Wa'alaikumussalam warahmatullah,

I discussed this with a couple of sisters, and here’s a quick summary.

1)   Have you discussed with the school (principal & his teacher(s)) about his ADHD?
2)   Does the school have a support system to enhance your child’s learning?
3)   Would they allow him the time and space to learn and complete his work at his own pace?
4)   Are the teachers supportive and encouraging?
5)   A child’s diet is crucial for learning especially those with ADHD. Have you looked into that?
6)   Are the teachers cognizant of how other students would treat your child and take extra efforts to help your child socially?

I believe that anyone can memorise the Qur’an, inshaAllah. Even a child who may have to strive harder than others.

There’s something that my teacher taught me, which took me a long while to understand -  that we don’t need a time limit to memorise Al-Qur’an. The Qur’an is from Allah, and Allah chooses the amount of Qur’an that stays and lives in our hearts.

He is the One who gives Al-Fath and opens our heart to it. For us, it’s the sincerity coupled with the effort. When our hearts grow purer and stronger, so would our will and inshaAllah, it will come.

It’s alright, even if it takes a lifetime to memorise the Qur’an, but at least, we would die memorising the Qur’an. 

And I think it is crucial that our children have that love and longing for that. Inculcating that is of more importance than memorising Qur’an with stress, agitation and a discipline that one could not bear.

I hope things would work out, dear sis. It’s good that there’s a trial period. But if you have doubts over the school, it’s alright to weigh it again, and look for other alternatives.

If you wish, I have more tips from a sister's experience whose son is memorising Juz 4 of the Qur’an, Alhamdulillah, and has ADD.

Allahumma yaseer wa la tu'assir
O Allah, make it easy, and not difficult. Ameen.

Allahua'lam
salma
Sis

« Reply #4 on: Jul 31, 2009 04:50 AM »

Jazakallah sister Barr for the valuable information. We do have a meeting with the Qari who will be the main person resposible for my son and I also spoke to a mother whose son is in the same program ( she has seen and knows my sons behavior for the past 1 year as she is the aftercare program lady) and she seems to think my son would be able to do it with ease, she did however advise me that she picks up her son at 3.30 and does the homeschooling herself as the homeschool part of the program is not upto the mark. My husband has lost his job and he claims he will focus all his attention on his education till he finds a job, as for me I am still in training for about 10 more months and will not be able to help out any ( maybe only dropping and picking him up I guess).
Like you mentioned this is indeed a trial period and Inshallah if things go smoothly my daughter is next in line to join her brother and Alhamdulillah she has no issues whatsoever with focus and attention.
Jazakallah once again for your input and any other input your friend provides us to make this an eventful journey sis
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: