Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Apr 23, 2014 06:37 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Some INTERESTING Blog entries found on the web....  (Read 3941 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Jan 26, 2008 06:32 PM »

peace be upon you

I found this a while ago and wanted to post it. It is Abdur-Raheem Green a scholar from England's experience of going to India for that Peace Conference this past winter. It's pretty funny and interesting

http://www.islamsgreen.org/islams_green/2007/12/peace-the-solut.html
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« Reply #1 on: Apr 08, 2008 12:50 PM »

He is a regular speaker on Peace TV.  It is fun watching and listening to him among many others who appear on this channel.

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008 08:56 AM »

This is an interesting blog entry about a new "iraqi muslim" character on the soap opera "as the world turns". Yeah she got imported here in an arranged marriage with an American, who turns out to be gay in love with another guy and she's staying with him for a visa so then she tries to seduce him via no hijab and low cut dress.  Shocked Cheesy

Yeahhh amazing:

Last month we wrote about the introduction of a Muslim character on the popular American soap opera As the World Turns. Ameera Ali Aziz, arrived freshly from Iraq, faced deportation unless she married Noah, who was already in a relationship with boyfriend Luke. In the episodes since the wedding, the plot has thickened as the difficulty of maintaining a marriage of convenience has set in. Additionally, Ameera’s gone through a few changes.

http://muslimahmediawatch.blogspot.com/2008/04/world-keeps-turning-over-stereotypes.html
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #3 on: Jun 02, 2008 07:19 AM »

Institutionalised Child Abuse In the Name of The Endless War for Civilization, Freedom and All That

http://nafeez.blogspot.com/2008/05/institutionalised-child-abuse-in-name.html
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #4 on: Jul 03, 2008 06:26 PM »

This is a beautiful blog of one woman's travels through the middle east and asia. Her latest posts are about her travels on the ancient Silk Road. She travels through Central Asia to Tashkent and Bukhara all those amazing places of legend. It's really interesting to read so take a look!!

http://girlsoloinarabia.typepad.com/girl_solo_in_arabia/2008/07/the-silk-road-.html
Attia
Sis

Reputation Power: 8
Attia has no influence :(

« Reply #5 on: Sep 18, 2008 12:18 PM »

Found a fantastic blog at www.hijabman.com...watch the video of him at ISNA was hilarious
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #6 on: Jan 26, 2009 10:36 AM »

Salam,

I found this blog entry reflecting on a modern event really profound.

Modern Wonders of the Qu'ran---How could birds literally defeat an Army?

http://beautifulmuslimah.blogspot.com/2009/01/modern-wonders-of-quran-how-could-birds.html

Surah Al Fil (The Elephant) is about the Abyssinian campaign against Mecca in the year 570 of the Christian era. Abrahah, the Christian viceroy of the Yemen (which at that time was ruled by the Abyssinians), erected a great cathedral at Sana, hoping thus to divert the annual Arabian pilgrimage from the Meccan sanctuary, the Kabah, to the new church. When this hope remained unfulfilled, he determined to destroy the Kabah; and so he set out against Mecca at the head of a large army, which included a number of war elephants as well, and thus represented something hitherto unknown and utterly astounding to the Arabs: hence the designation of that year, by contemporaries as well as historians of later generations, as "the Year of the Elephant". Abrahah's army was totally destroyed on its march (see Ibn Hisham; also Ibn Sa’d I/1, 55 f.) - probably by an extremely virulent outbreak of smallpox or typhus (see note 2 below) - and Abrahah himself died on his return to Sana, but the Qu'ran itself accounts that the army was destroyed by birds that "pelted the army like/with claystones".

In the name of God, the Compassionate, the Merciful
Have you not thought of how God dealt with the army of the Elephant?
Did He not confound their strategem and send against them flocks of birds,
Which pelted them with/as claystones, so that they became
like the withered stalks of grass that have been devoured.

How could a bunch of birds beat an ancient army? Well, they defeated a plane in New York this month, and a modern jet sure is a bit more advanced than an ancient army with elephants as a means of transportation don't you think? The Qu'ran, subhanAllah, is indeed perfect, and contains many more bits of wisdom and fact all in perfect poetry---far more than any philosopher or science has yet to discover even in this day and age, subhanAllah. How could one man compose such a thing? This is why I have faith and know in my heart it beyond what is beyond all---Allah S.W.T..

Con't at above link.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: