// World's first camel-milk chocolates going global
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: “In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.” Martin Luther King, Jr. quote
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: World's first camel-milk chocolates going global  (Read 1553 times)
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« on: Jul 22, 2009 06:44 AM »

World's first camel-milk chocolates going global

By Tamara Walid Tamara Walid – Tue Jul 21, 1:24 pm ET

DUBAI (Reuters) – Dubai's Al Nassma, the world's first brand of chocolate made with camels' milk, plans to expand into new Arab markets, Europe, Japan and the United States, its general manager said Tuesday.

Martin Van Almsick said the United Arab Emirates company planned to enter Saudi Arabia first, followed by Bahrain, Qatar, Kuwait and the United States within the next few months.

The company plans to enter the Saudi market in a month through a partnership with a Jeddah-based distributor, said Van Almsick, adding the company plans to deliver the first ton of chocolates to Saudi Arabia soon.

Al Nassma is also in talks with British department store Harrods and San Francisco's Chocolate Covered to sell its products.

Al Nassma was formally established in October last year and aims to produce 100 tons of premium camels' milk chocolate a year.

In partnership with Austrian chocolate maker Manner, Al Nassma manufactures the end product at its Dubai facility.

With 3,000 camels on its Dubai farm, the company sells chocolates through its farm-attached store as well as in luxury hotels and private airlines. It plans to launch an online shopping facility within a month, Van Almsick said. The farm is controlled by the Dubai government.

The company is set to open its second store in the UAE in one of Dubai's large malls and is in talks with mall operator Majid Al Futtaim and others, he said.

"We aim to be the Godiva of the Middle East," Van Almsick said in an interview. "It's a luxury product, so we will never be in supermarkets. The plan is to be in one mall in each UAE city."

Al Nassma is also looking at the possibility of setting up a store in Japan, where demand for the product is high, he said.

All chocolates are produced without preservatives or chemical additives with a range of locally popular spices, nuts and honey, the company says.

Camel milk contains five times more vitamin C than cow milk, less fat, less lactose and more insulin, making it a good option for diabetics and the lactose intolerant, Van Almsick said.

(Editing by Will Waterman and Paul Casciato)

http://www.yahoo.com/s/1103988

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #1 on: Jul 22, 2009 07:00 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum  bro

I might have to indulge into some of these chocolates [purely in the name of research for the Board] and let you know how they taste  Wink

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« Reply #2 on: Jul 22, 2009 07:34 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum  bro

I might have to indulge into some of these chocolates [purely in the name of research for the Board] and let you know how they taste  Wink

Great!  Waiting to hear from you!  

Camel milk and meat is liked over here.  I have tasted it in Chai - it is really good!

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
Sr.Kathy
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
Sr.Kathy has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Jul 22, 2009 01:48 PM »

as an American consumer- doubt i would ever buy a chocolate made from a camel.....

"Allah surely knows the warmth of every teardrop... " Jaihoon
srhussaini
« Reply #4 on: Jul 22, 2009 06:59 PM »

Eagerly awaiting to taste it, hopefully everyone likes it.
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #5 on: Feb 07, 2010 08:31 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum  bro

as an American consumer- doubt i would ever buy a chocolate made from a camel.....

I finally got my hands on some of this chocolate the other day (apparently it’s premium branded so not really available everywhere) and I have to say I was quite surprised how good it tasted.

I’m told the level of cocoa in chocolate is a sign of its quality and you definitely feel all the chocolate on your tongue but it’s by no means bitter and the camel milk obviously helps in that regard.

If you like your Cadburys (oops sorry now Kraft), you may not like it but if Swiss choccie is more your thing, then you may be pleasantly surprised!!  bro

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #6 on: Feb 07, 2010 09:45 AM »

salam

Camel milk is actually delicious, but then I prefer goats milk to cows.

Would you not give it a try before dismissing it sr kathy?

If I ever come across it I shall try it inshallah.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Sr.Kathy
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
Sr.Kathy has no influence :(

« Reply #7 on: Feb 08, 2010 12:30 AM »

Not dismissing it... would try a piece if someone gave one to me...but surely as a consumer- would not buy it with out trying it....

"Allah surely knows the warmth of every teardrop... " Jaihoon
Hard2Hit
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
Hard2Hit has no influence :(

Taubah

« Reply #8 on: Feb 09, 2010 08:46 PM »

Salaams,

Wifey hates chocolates (and thats one reason I call her a tomboy). On the other hand Ayesha and I are big time consumers of cadbury's. Not sure whether we would be able to appreciate a bar made from camel milk, but i'm guessing it wouldnt hurt us if we could get our hands across it.

BroKhalid, should I pm you my street address ? Wink

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: