Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

Friends, Rumi, countrymen, lend me your poetry.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: How to deal with Hard-core Muslim Drunks?  (Read 1040 times)
UBAB
Bro

Reputation Power: 3
UBAB has no influence :(

2 [agree] or not 2 [disagree]-that is the question

« on: Jul 22, 2009 04:56 PM »

As-salam-mu-alaikum team,

I realized that I've lived an insulated life.

I'm part of the third generation of my family lviing in Canada, with my teenaged nieces and nephews forming the fourth. We live with many first, second and some third generation Canadian Muslim families of different races and cultures. I've recently started looking through other people facebook pictures... when I realized how bad everything really is. I don't use facebook, because of Allah's warning in Sura Al-Asr. But now I'm confused...

(In reference to Facebook pictures...)
I get it... pictures are a snap shot of a time and period. But some of the people who come from good families, boys and girls, have pictures which even non-Muslims would be ashamed of. I have already processed through (gotten over the fact) the families that never practiced Islam while growing up, I had no expectation for their childrren, even though I should of. But now even good families, their son and daughters, are posting pictures in crazy parties, clearly consuming alcohol, wearing lewd clothing, and gender mixing that is out of control, and now the final straws, children either out of wedlock or late stage preganancy marriages, and same-gender relationships.

Some people even commented that they are amazing that how is it that our family is different than the rest, and surprised that we practice Islam, when everyone else is barely even "eid-dy" muslims (twice a year Muslims) at best. Allah knows best.

But now I can't get over the fact that the good families CHILDREN are now affect/infected with this duniya and it's desires. I'm not saying that we are perfect, but this is hurting me because it's too close to home...

:'(

Anyways..sorry to bother you guys.. just wanted to post without backbiting anyone...

Your heart will not truly open until you understand Surah 21 : Verse 92  (Al-Anbiya: The Prophets)

Help Build the Community! Visit:
Madinat al-Muslimeen > The City > Naseeha Corner > Community Toolbox
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Jul 22, 2009 06:17 PM »

Wsalam,

I think that's everyone's shock when they first sign up on facebook. A realization that the next generation is much much much more off the path than we ever thought. There's a lot of disillusionment, but hopefully it will make us want to work with our youth more. I hope for some it's just a stage and that sometime they'll get over it and start coming back to Islam?? I don't know that's my hope.
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #2 on: Jul 26, 2009 08:22 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum  bro

But now I can't get over the fact that the good families CHILDREN are now affect/infected with this duniya and it's desires

This thread reminded me of the following hadith:

It is narrated on the authority of Abu Huraira that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said:

Islam initiated as something strange, and it would revert to its (old position) of being strange,so good tidings for the stranger.

[Muslim]

I think it was Hamza Yusuf who said not being part of the modern ‘in crowd’ was probably not a bad thing and children in particular should embrace their individuality.

It is probably true, however, that the somewhat negative aspects of our community tend to be reported more so than the good work being performed by hundreds, thousands nay even millions of Muslims across the globe.

Even more reasons why we should highlight positive Muslim role models!! [See Sr jannah’s thread of modern day Muslims we admire]

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: