Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: One who thinks and reflects develops his foresight and Vision.-’Ali ibn Abi Talib (RA)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Old Clothing?  (Read 1690 times)
Noor
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
Noor has no influence :(

« on: Jan 26, 2008 07:42 PM »

Asalaam Alaikum

What do you guys do with your nice but old indian/paki clothes? I have way too many clothes and am trying to figure out the best thing to do with them. I am not planning a trip overseas any time soon otherwise I am sure they would be easier to donate there.

masalaam purplehijabisis
Sr.Kathy
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
Sr.Kathy has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Jan 27, 2008 12:21 AM »

asak
In my neck of the woods people give their clothing to me and I give them to the needy. Check your Masjid for groups that can use them or go to IslamicFinder.com and call organizations listed there.

However we also have a group of Muslims who do not have access the city or to 'muslimy' clothes. These sisters make a donation to the library I run for the clothes. I also save aside some clothes for reverts, some cultures have 'prayer outfits.'

I there have been sisters on this board who have actually mailed their clothes to me, donating their postage as charity.

Just keep in mind that the clothes should be like new. Allahu Allum, if the sisters can't afford clothes - most likely they can't afford a sewing machine. Besides that- it is wonderful to receive a nice outfit without a stain or tear!

"Allah surely knows the warmth of every teardrop... " Jaihoon
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: