// what to read when moving into a new place
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: "Press any key to continue, where's the any key?" - Homer
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what to read when moving into a new place  (Read 2570 times)
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« on: Jan 26, 2008 10:26 PM »

Asalamualaikum
So my mom said the first thing I need to do is step in with my right foot ofcourse and then read yasin sharif and the first thing I should put in the house is Quran and then salt and water bottle...
Does anyone else know of this.. and what is the sunnah of our prophet pbuh when he moved into a new place?
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Jan 27, 2008 09:39 PM »

wsalaam,

His sunnah saw when he moved to a place was to build a mosque Smiley well i never heard of that salt and water stuff or reading a particular surah? They are perhaps cultural practices.
Abdurahman
Bro

Reputation Power: 4
Abdurahman has no influence :(

Oh Allah, Guide us to the Straight Path.

« Reply #2 on: Jan 27, 2008 10:38 PM »

peace be upon you

All praise be to Allah.

It is narrated that the Prophet (s) recommended reading Surah Baqarah in one's home, and that it would repel the shaitans from entering the home.

As always, it is recommended to reflect on the meaning of the verses of the Quran when being read.

My shaykh was asked if it would be sufficient to play a taped recitation of the Quran.  He replied:

"It is better to read it in person, as there is more likely to be benefit from that.  However, if the Quran is played from a recording, we hope they will obtain some of the benefit of reciting it."

Be merciful to those on earth, and the One in the Heavens will be merciful to you.
tq
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
tq has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Jan 31, 2008 01:14 PM »

Assalamo elikuim
I have also heard that reciting surah Bakarah by the people living in the house is beneficial.

Wasalam
tq
cat
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
cat has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: Jan 31, 2008 02:35 PM »

Assalamo elikuim
I have also heard that reciting surah Bakarah by the people living in the house is beneficial.

Wasalam
tq

cat The Imam at one of our Mosques here has advised that by reading Surah Al Baqarah daily in the house it enhances the peace / tranquility amongst the people residing there. karate karate  beat bolt

cat On a lighter note and in reference to Sr Jannah's comment about stuff being "cultural", my late gran (May Allah SWT grant her Jannah Ameen) use to always ensure that the first thing cooked on a stove in a new house is FISH.  Somthing to do with Barakah  frenchfries pizza cookie

cat So to answer the original question, i don't know of anything particular that is to be read and think the most important thing is that it does not become a one time effort when we move in and continue in any form of ibadah all the time, Insha Allah, which i am sure you do anyway  hug
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #5 on: Jan 31, 2008 11:30 PM »

yes thats right .. I believe she said surah Bakarah first, but because we had to leave town the same day, she said yaseen.. when I go back I can read it.. is it ok if it is read in parts?

jazakallahukair
asalamualaikum
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: