Madinat al-Muslimeen Community
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Apr 18, 2014 06:46 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Alas, poor imam.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: traveling alone  (Read 1876 times)
kba
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
kba has no influence :(

« on: Jul 26, 2009 07:45 PM »

One of the reasons that I have hardly ever traveled (at least to where I would like, especially overseas) is because I would have to alone.

Since I got laid off, I thought I should at least travel ONCE.  I normally would not want to spend the money, but I feel like I keep saving money and never take chances and opportunities in life.

Anyhow, I looked briefly into women only travel tours, the ones I found are really expensive (like going to Europe, Asia or the middle East is around $3k-4k not including airfare).  But maybe that's the amount you gotta spend?

So I wanted suggestions on women only travel groups, or perhaps the Islamic tours, but where it is single female friendly.  I think I would prefer the women only ones but I could look into the co-ed ones if anyone has traveled with that as a single female.

If its South America, I would prefer something like Costa Rica.. middle east not sure, Syria, Egypt, -- pretty places with history.  Asia.. China, Japan, Vietnam, Cambodia.  Europe -- so many choices I don't know.

Maybe I can consider something domestic (in the USA), if its not too expensive, and before Ramadan.

Thanks

jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Jul 27, 2009 05:43 AM »

Salams,

Have you considered the Nawawwi tours? http://www.nawawi.org/ They've been to Morrocco, China, Africa and most recently Uzbekistan!! I think they go every year to some place new. Not sure what their policy is with single women but I know some that have gone and loved the trips. Also if you have time are doing nothing why not consider going overseas to study for like a few months? Like Egypt seems a popular place nowadays.
um aboodi
Sis

Reputation Power: 26
um aboodi barely matters :(um aboodi barely matters :(

« Reply #2 on: Jul 27, 2009 05:05 PM »

salam

have you thought of going to turkey, algeria, or morocco?    I would not recommend egypt, it is really not up to tourist standards to say the least and the merchants will sell you things 10x the price as soon as they figure that you are not  a local.
kba
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
kba has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Jul 27, 2009 05:59 PM »

Salams,

Have you considered the Nawawwi tours? http://www.nawawi.org/ They've been to Morrocco, China, Africa and most recently Uzbekistan!! I think they go every year to some place new. Not sure what their policy is with single women but I know some that have gone and loved the trips. Also if you have time are doing nothing why not consider going overseas to study for like a few months? Like Egypt seems a popular place nowadays.

the nawawi one looks great (as well as the ones they had in the past), but the one for this year is already over.

I did consider a study abroad, but going away for more than one month would be too much.  Probably if it was not too intense (say just one subject, like Arabic) with lots of chances to go around and not be alone. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: