// Tour Al-Haram ash-Shareef - Al Aqsa
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Dear companions, We have been in love with God For so very, very long. -Hafiz
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tour Al-Haram ash-Shareef - Al Aqsa  (Read 3484 times)
Shahida
Sis

Reputation Power: 47
Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« on: Jul 27, 2009 02:05 PM »

Salam alaikum

For those who have never been, may Allah swt allow you to visit...

For those who have been, may Allah swt allow us to settle that yearning with another visit soon...

http://www.360tr.net/kudus/mescidiaksa_eng/index.html

The first few are of the inside of Masjid al Aqsa.  It gave me goosebumps, sub7anAllah, praying Fajr there (especially), was one of the highlights for me!!!

6,7,8: Musallah Marwani...this part is under Masjid al Aqsa. It was used as a stable and all sorts of storage stuff, and the Muslims cleaned it out and excavated with their bare hands to get it to be what it is today.  They were not allowed cranes and machinery, they literally did it by hand.  It is awesome to pray down there, and soo soo full, esp on a Friday.

9: Under the Rock (inside the Dome of the Rock)..there is a small chamber, with several prayer niches (where some of the Prophets a.s prayed, can't remember off hand which ones).  It is surreal to be standing under the rock! 

13: Outside Masjid Al aqsa...looking out towards the Dome of the Rock

The last few are of the view from the raised platform on which the Dome of the Rock stands.  And then inside the Dome of the Rock...

Enjoy...these are better than pictures, I cant wait to go there again soon inshaAllah!  beauty and sadness, so much hope and pain, so much steadfastness and perseverence, sub7anAllah, there is no other place like it on Earth!
salam
Shahida

BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #1 on: Jul 28, 2009 06:57 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum  bro

Wow that 360 thing is pretty amazing

What was it like crossing the border? Long queues at the checkpoints?

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
Shahida
Sis

Reputation Power: 47
Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« Reply #2 on: Jul 28, 2009 10:08 AM »

Salam alaikum BrKhalid:)

There are hardly queues for those of us who have western passports, and were not born in Palestine.  Arab passport holders and those born in Palestine...They always face the real struggles.  InshaAllah, you should not face too many major stumbling blocks, but always be prepared to be taken aside for questioning and searching of your belongings +/or your body.  This is particularly humiliating for the sisters, but is rather rarer for sisters with western passports. 

It is easier for me to pray in Masjid Al Aqsa, than my friends who live within sight of the Dome of the Rock! Sad

Let's get a group together...then we can go on hajj on the new rail system, and go to Jerusalem as well!!  InshaAllah...

Salam:)
S.
salaampeaceshalom
Sis

Reputation Power: 2
salaampeaceshalom has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Jul 28, 2009 01:26 PM »

Wow, subhanAllaah what a beautiful blessing for you Smiley.

I recently met a sister (born and bred in the UK) who went there, last year I think.  Her family were on holiday in Egypt and decided to go, so they crossed over to Israel.  They had rung the British Embassy first who basically told them they shouldn't really have any problems.  However, at the Israeli border they were strip-searched, questioned and then interrogated for 6hrs, but alhumdulilah they all remained calm and answered the questions.  After that, they were allowed to go on.  She said that whenever they saw a Palestinian during their journey and told them were they were going to al-Aqsa, the Palestinians would get emotional and tell them how lucky they were as it was difficult for them to go and asked for the sister and her family to pray for them there.

As a Westerner it's a lot easier but you still may face difficulties, especially if you decide to cross through to Israel via one of the Arab countries I guess.

What an amazing experience you must have had though, subhanAllaah Smiley

'If he woke up and had enough food for the day and shelter (a roof over his head) and he does not fear for his safety, then it is as if he has been given the dunya.'
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #4 on: Jul 28, 2009 08:01 PM »

Ma'sha'allah, that was amazing. JSK for sharing the link. Very envious (the good kind, hehe) that you and others have been to such Blessed locations. Insha'allah one day . . . .

desibro
BABA

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: