Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

All the world's a dars.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: How much coffee, tea or bebzi do you drink?  (Read 3130 times)
Mina
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
Mina has no influence :(

« on: Jul 17, 2009 01:30 PM »

Asalamoalaikum,

Do you think you're dependant on caffeine via,your cup of coffee, tea or bebzi bebzi?  
Send your thoughts!! I'm doing some research for an article about caffeine and all thoughts would be appreciated it. When I'm done, I'll put the article up here. Post away...
Mina bebzi

"Girl, Jannah ain't free."
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Jul 17, 2009 10:06 PM »

I would like to say I'm not dependent, but I do drink a lot of chai. Usually one in the morning and maybe a decaf in the evening. Psychologically, I'd say it makes one feel better and also for me it's a bit of an appetite suppressant so I don't go pig out on something else.
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #2 on: Jul 17, 2009 11:09 PM »

While at school (in Prague) . .I have about 5 mugs of chai a day . . sometimes, like Sis J says, so I don't eat something else, sometimes its for the warmth and others of course to stay awake, both during the week or weekends. But here at home, I don't have it nearly as often, maybe 3 at the most.

desibro
BABA

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
Mina
Sis

« Reply #3 on: Jul 19, 2009 04:40 PM »

Asalamoalaikum,
Thanks for the responses. I guess no one really thinks he/she is dependant..so let me rephrase the question....How much coffee, tea, or bebzi do you drink per day?  Do you drink espressos or lattes? 

Let me know.
Thanks bebzi

Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« Reply #4 on: Jul 21, 2009 02:28 PM »

I am a 'Chaiholic'.  And I mean real Chai, with milk, spices and sugar.  I can have upto 5 cups a day though I have cut down these days.  Learning to drink 'Black Chai' still spiced and all.

I remember when I developed ulcers and my doctor came up with the acryonm 'CATS".  I was patient enough to hear what CATS mean and he started:  C = coffee; and with lots of glee I said, thank God I don't take coffee, don't like it at all.  And he raised his hand said, "wait, you drink Chai right?'" and I said yes.  Then he said that Chai has caffeine in it plus being a Somali, he is sure that I drink spiced Chai just like Indians (he is Indian) he also asked if among the spices is ginger and I said yes.  He rested his case.  I was crastfallen to say the least.  But when all is said and done, I am a Chai addict.  I'd rather miss food than Chai.

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
um aboodi
Sis

Reputation Power: 26
um aboodi barely matters :(um aboodi barely matters :(

« Reply #5 on: Jul 21, 2009 04:54 PM »

salam

For me, I drink on average 1-2 cups of instant coffee aday and 1 cup of tea.

wassalam
Mina
Sis

« Reply #6 on: Jul 22, 2009 07:44 PM »

What about energy drinks? Who drinks Monster or Red Bull?

se7en
Sis

Reputation Power: 11
se7en has no influence :(

« Reply #7 on: Jul 28, 2009 09:05 PM »

salaam,

I think the fact that most of us are hesitant to publicize the actual number shows how dependent we really are? Wink Lips Sealed
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #8 on: Jul 29, 2009 05:57 AM »

salaam

I drink 0 cups a day... maybe once a month a soda?
Halima
Sis

Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« Reply #9 on: Jul 30, 2009 08:15 AM »

salaam,

I think the fact that most of us are hesitant to publicize the actual number shows how dependent we really are? Wink Lips Sealed

I didn't bother respond because I don't take any energy drinks not even Sodas.  I didn't like Sodas even before I was diagnosed with Ulcers!

The Almighty Allah says,

Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #10 on: Jul 31, 2009 11:58 AM »

salam

I drink one cup of Chai in the morning (I have to), a hot chocolate midmorning and a coffee in the afternoon.

I very rarely drink fizzy drinks and try to drink fruit juices and water as I get blinding migranes and am contantly anaemic.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Mina
Sis

« Reply #11 on: Aug 16, 2009 01:38 AM »

Asalamoalaikum All,
JazakAllah khair for your responses.  I'm surprised by the many number of views, so looks like people are interested Smiley  Will be posting my article link the moment it is published, inshaAllah. 

Wasalam.

Mina
Sis

« Reply #12 on: Aug 19, 2009 01:02 PM »

As promised, here's the link to the published article.
JazakAllah khair.

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?c=Article_C&cid=1248187734731&pagename=Zone-English-HealthScience/HSELayout

Siham
Sis

Reputation Power: 23
Siham barely matters :(Siham barely matters :(

Tranquil Heart

« Reply #13 on: Aug 19, 2009 06:02 PM »

Well, I don't drink sodas...
However I drink one cup of tea with a lot of milk every morning,
perhaps thats not considered tea after all Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

"Do not treat people with contempt, nor walk insolently on the earth. Allah does not love the arrogant or the self-conceited boaster. Be modest in your bearing and subdue your voice, for the most unpleasant of voices is the braying of the ass." [The Holy Qur'an, Surah Luqman - 31:18-19]
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #14 on: Aug 20, 2009 06:48 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum  bro

That was an interesting article, jazakhallah khair for sharing.

There was a time I used to drink  bebzi like a fish but I think I've out grown that addictive phase  bro

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
Halima
Sis

« Reply #15 on: Aug 20, 2009 09:25 AM »

It is educative.  I enjoyed it.

The Almighty Allah says,

Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #16 on: Aug 20, 2009 10:08 AM »

salam

I don't stop drinking my morning cup of chai during Ramadan, I merely move it to end Sehri, have breakfast and a cup of chai....pray fajr and spend the next few hours buzzing from the caffeine shot!!!

Wasssalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« Reply #17 on: Aug 20, 2009 05:32 PM »

i know i'm a little late...

but i was like... seriously addicted to coke. like seriously. a can a day type thing. i curbed it when i got pregnant, and my husband really would watch to make sure i didn't have any - but i do remember making a detour on my afternoon walks to drink and dispose without him noticing (and yes, he found out eventually). 

anywayssss.... two months ago, i completely gave it up. no fizzy drinks (because the only one i really like is regular coke). and like recently i've been out twice and have ordered a can - and i can't finish it. frankly, i don't even enjoy it. it's the weirdest thing.

so ramadan will be caffeine-free this time, inshaAllah (not even chai)... let's see how i fare.

anyone want to join me Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: