Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Even Non-Muslims Reflect during Ramadaan  (Read 950 times)
UBAB
Bro

Reps: 37

2 [agree] or not 2 [disagree]-that is the question

« on: Aug 24, 2009 04:20 PM »

(Warning: This articles mentions food)

As-salam-mu-alaikum Team,

Just wanted to share with you guys what happened last Friday.

Our company decided to delay to annoucement of my new position to this week... so the problem was that I wanted to share the good news with my co-worker by sharing some food.

So I got a box of 100 freshly-baked samosas just before lunch and let people know that I will be moving to a new position within the company, but couldn't tell them where to until next week, and that I was give food this week 'cause we would be fasting next week.

As word spread that there was samosa in the building, everyone thought it was for celebrating the beginning of Ramadaan! (People here now associate a hot and fresh box of samosas with Ramadaan!)

One of my co-worker started reflecting serious, she said," It seems that just yesterday you had your Ramadaan celebrations (refering to our company's Eid-ul-Fitr Celebrations held last October)".

"A year has passed by already? What has happen to the all the time? Where did it go? I can't believe that it's Ramadaan already".

The seriousness of her face was priceless...even non-Muslims reflect on Ramadaan, do we?

thobebro
    UBAB

Your heart will not truly open until you understand Surah 21 : Verse 92  (Al-Anbiya: The Prophets)

Help Build the Community! Visit:
Madinat al-Muslimeen > The City > Naseeha Corner > Community Toolbox

jannah
Administrator

Reps: 2781

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Aug 24, 2009 06:40 PM »

ma'shaAllah that's adorable Smiley i remember when i posted i had baklava one year on the office mail system... within 20 minutes i had ppl from the FAR side of the building over  bebzi

tq
Sis

Reps: 189

« Reply #2 on: Aug 24, 2009 06:57 PM »

Assalamo elikuim
Ha ha UBAB and congratulations!

On Friday when I was eating my manager asked me why am i not fasting?  Smiley And I told him that we will be fastig from Saturday Inshallah. Also one of my co-workers who sits across from me and has a candy/chocolate jar on his desk asks me if he should hide it in case it will make me think of food Smiley

Wasalam
tq

BrKhalid
Bro

Reps: 273

« Reply #3 on: Aug 25, 2009 07:15 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum  bro

The seriousness of her face was priceless...even non-Muslims reflect on Ramadaan, do we?

Very good point but it's also interesting how some people remember things that we may forget.

We can never really know sometimes how our actions impact on others.

Congrats on the new position and jazakhallah khair for the heads up on the foodie nature of the post!!

Most appreciated  bro

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]

blackrose
Sis

Reps: 31

« Reply #4 on: Sep 08, 2009 06:04 PM »

yah its not like a 'surprise' anymore, All my professors knew

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: