Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Does money upset the hearts of learned men? He answered, "men whose hearts are changed by money are not learned" - abu Hamid al Ghazali
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A project for little sis?  (Read 913 times)
Anonymous
Bro

Reputation Power: 22
Anonymous barely matters :(Anonymous barely matters :(

ANONYMOUS Post

« on: Aug 27, 2009 06:24 AM »

Assalamu alaykum

My little sister is a good person with a good heart but she is not a very practicing Muslima. She believes in the major things she says. But nothing motivates her to act upon the beliefs.She won't even pray. She is fasting though. When i asked her why she does fast she said it's for mom and what is the alternative anyway. And that she is just going through the motions but she doesn't seem to be interested in trying to work on herself spiritually. She also said there are things she doesn't believe in, like miracles.

So I asked her if she would help me transcribe some notes from lectures as i am pressed for time and she agreed. I actually don't particularly need anything. I just want her to listen to something that might be moving. Now that she agreed i am at loss as to what to pass on to her. She is in her early twenties.

I was thinking about suhaib web but i think i can offer a bunch of lectures maybe up to 4 and she would still do it for me.

Please make dua for us to be better guided. My family is heartbroken.

This post submitted using the ANONYMOUS button on the main Madina menu. Please reply here publicly so that the original poster can read any replies.
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Aug 27, 2009 08:37 PM »

wsalam,

suhaib webb is good for young ppl as well as anwar awlaki like the prophet series, hamza yusuf of course. all the main isna sessions from this year are on youtube so you can check those out as well.
Abdurahman
Bro

Reputation Power: 4
Abdurahman has no influence :(

Oh Allah, Guide us to the Straight Path.

« Reply #2 on: Aug 28, 2009 12:39 AM »

Asalamualaikum wrt wb,

All praise be to Allah.

Please have a look at this new series:

http://jannah.org/madina/index.php?topic=3400.msg16134#msg16134

Mishkaat al-Anwaar, or Lanterns of Light

A Series on Faith and Hope through Ahadith Qudsi

If your sister reads them inshallah it will benefit her, and please feel free to send the articles to your friends and family.  Let me know if you would like to help with the editing.

And Allah knows best.

Be merciful to those on earth, and the One in the Heavens will be merciful to you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: