Welcome Guest, please login or register.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Social Worker Seeks Muslim Family To Adopt Child  (Read 6790 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Jan 28, 2008 10:12 PM »

Dear All,

I’m a social worker and counselor working with a young Somalian woman who wants to find a Muslim family to adopt her coming child.  She is telling me that she doesn’t want a Somalian family or African-American family (for very complicated reasons) and is hopeful to find a Muslim family of another background.  I’m interested in networking for ALL Muslim adoptive couples regardless of cultural/racial background to present to her- any ideas?  I’m having a very difficult time finding any families, so any suggestions are welcome…

Heather Van Brunt, M.Ed., LSW
Pregnancy Counselor
Children’s Home Society and Family Services
2230 Como Avenue
St. Paul, MN  55108
651-255-2410
hvanbrunt@chsfs. org
LeylaNur
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
LeylaNur has no influence :(

Remembrance of Allah is the true source of peace..

« Reply #1 on: Aug 09, 2008 08:00 PM »

Inshallah someone will be found for this precious little baby.

I find it sad how many Muslims, unfortunately frown on adoption. Many say it's haram to adopt. Personally, I don't believe it to be so, and I also feel that leaving all these poor, innocent children without loving parents is more 'haram' than adoption ever could be.  smack

I wish more Imams would advocate adoption, especially for infertile couples. I would think it would be a chance for great blessings to take care of an orphan. I think this is something the Muslim world really needs to step up to the plate to!

Inshallah this child will be blessed with a loving family. Please pass the word along.

I try to remember to count my blessings each day because I have many:

To be thankful for my health, and that of my loved ones, the presence of my husband and the continuation of our marriage, that we can pay our bills and have food on the table..

So many blessings but often, so little thanks!
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Aug 10, 2008 05:54 AM »

salaam

but I think the reason many muslims wont adopt is bc when the kid grows up he or she will not be mahrem to one of the parents?
LeylaNur
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
LeylaNur has no influence :(

Remembrance of Allah is the true source of peace..

« Reply #3 on: Aug 11, 2008 05:17 AM »

I don't know.. Then adopt boys and if they are infants, the mother can feed them so the boy would become a mahram, or else take some pills to induce milk and then put a spoon full of breast milk in the cereal milk or something.. There should be ways around it.. The amount of orphans in this world is shameful. Anyhow, maybe single woman parents?  Roll Eyes

For some reason I feel that adopted orphans SHOULD become mahrams.. Maybe they can't.. But, one would think that Allah swt would prefer that these kids be adopted and integrated than grow up without families, love and a chance in this world.. Nevermind they dawah they would receive.  Huh?

Sometimes I can't wrap my head around it, but Allah knows best.

I try to remember to count my blessings each day because I have many:

To be thankful for my health, and that of my loved ones, the presence of my husband and the continuation of our marriage, that we can pay our bills and have food on the table..

So many blessings but often, so little thanks!
Saif
« Reply #4 on: Aug 24, 2008 09:58 PM »

Assalamualaikum,
Hello Heather,
If you could let me know whether the somalian woman can keep the child and agrees to take any financial support that may be possible. I suppose thsi way there would not be any issue of Mahram & No Mahram infact it would be a great factor instead of adopting a child supporting them and thier parents is a bigger and greater reward.

Please post your answer back on my e-mail address below or on the same wall. I would get back to it later. Thank You for doing great Job.
Saif.

E-mail id-  saiftaj@btinternet.com
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #5 on: Aug 24, 2008 10:24 PM »

salaam

Brother Saif that is a wonderful idea. I think we all can help support her! I would hate for this child to go to anyone but her mother.  maybe people are convincing her to give up the child?  We will support her emotionally as well. I can see that she already cares greatly for this child and can be a good mother when she is looking for a 'muslim' family and when she is also worried about the background of the family.

I hope its not too late. I will call you, if we dont get a reply soon inshAllah

ps Jannah plz get rid of the grey in your boards , its hard to see!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: