// An Owl a Wolf or an Elephant
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: “A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life.” Muhammad Ali quote
Poll
Question: Which one?
Owl - 2 (40%)
Wolf - 1 (20%)
Elephant - 2 (40%)
Total Voters: 5

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: An Owl a Wolf or an Elephant  (Read 1309 times)
mespeakin
Bro

Reputation Power: 0
mespeakin has no influence :(

« on: Mar 19, 2012 12:42 PM »

Hello you geeks everywhere!

I'm planning to buy a new laptop this summer most probably it will be a MacBook Air 11"

I want you to help me choose a sleeve for the laptop

I narrowed down the choices to three:

An owl http://www.etsy.com/listing/63062546/owl-macbook-air-11-inch-sleeve-gray-felt

a wolf http://www.etsy.com/listing/79079798/wolf-macbook-air-11-inch-sleeve-gray

an elephant http://www.etsy.com/listing/64844786/elephant-macbook-air-11-inch-sleeve-gray

I want the sisters  purplehijabisis opinion as well the brothers  bro

ثم يوضع له القبول في الأرض
Admin
Administrator

Reputation Power: 107
Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #1 on: Mar 20, 2012 02:37 AM »

Salam,

I added a little poll for your question Smiley I vote for the owl!!
mespeakin
Bro

« Reply #2 on: Mar 20, 2012 02:42 AM »

I also voted for the owl
I like those yellow eyes

austmuslimah
Sis

Reputation Power: 10
austmuslimah has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Mar 20, 2012 09:46 PM »

id go with the owl as well !!
lucid
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
lucid has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: Mar 21, 2012 12:49 AM »

you really want to spend $85 on a laptop sleeve?

if you have a macbook air, just get a simple thing like a roocase like

http://www.amazon.com/rooCASE-Neoprene-MacBook-11-6-inch-MC505LL/dp/B004BQTSKC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332287120&sr=8-1

they work really well with the air-11. trust me.

btw: you do know if you get an air, yur gonna have to spend money getting all those extra attachments:

1) ethernet jack
2) dvd player (lol -- normal USB drives don't work apparently)
3) a displayport out cable for vga or hdmi video for when you want to do presentations (assuming you do)
4) and an extra powerbrick

the power brick for apple macs is mad expensive -- like $75. 

austmuslimah
Sis

« Reply #5 on: Mar 21, 2012 08:24 AM »

woww i was considering getting an air for my brother, but it seems to need too many accesories... is the macbook pro better
Cinders
Sis

Reputation Power: 25
Cinders barely matters :(Cinders barely matters :(

« Reply #6 on: Mar 21, 2012 10:27 AM »

Salam,
Wow Sr austmuslimah, you're one kind sis! Getting your bro a MacBook air or pro? Super expensive are MacBook Pro's but I love my MacBook Pro! I bought the latest version & it is an investment! (I gave up having a nicer car in order to buy my Mac). I do not plan on buying another 'lappie' for at least another 6 (hopefully 10) years Insha'Allah.
When I asked my family for the sleeve (even as an Eid present) they refused! Apparently they don't like being told what to buy for me! Never mind that it would've made me soooo happy!
Anyway, a sweet sis who's a friend of mine bought me a sleeve. I am so chuffed! I still love it!
Ma'Salam,
Cinders

وَلَسَوْفَ يُعْطِيكَ رَبُّكَ فَتَرْضَىٰ

And soon will your Lord give you so that you shall be well pleased.
Al Qur'an (93:5)
mespeakin
Bro

« Reply #7 on: Mar 21, 2012 12:35 PM »

Thank you all for your answers!

may be apple hardware is more expensive but it has a much more longer life than Pc's
I've been using my iBook G4 (PPC) for 88 months now and i don't feel I need to upgrade unless that I need the extra features that comes with Lion (10.7) which unfortunately doesn't work with PPC Macs

as for the cost of the sleeve: My Sister will pay for the it
and i don't need those extra peripherals, will maybe the VGA cable which is 29$ or so

mespeakin
Bro

« Reply #8 on: Mar 21, 2012 12:43 PM »

remember when Apple stopped manufacturing computers with Floppy Disk Drive they said that FDD is dead and they was right
no body is using FD anymore
now they are doing the same thing to optical drives
DVD is dead! long live Thunder bolt!

mespeakin
Bro

« Reply #9 on: Mar 21, 2012 12:52 PM »

you really want to spend $85 on a laptop sleeve?

if you have a macbook air, just get a simple thing like a roocase like

http://www.amazon.com/rooCASE-Neoprene-MacBook-11-6-inch-MC505LL/dp/B004BQTSKC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332287120&sr=8-1

the sleeve on Amazon looks great but what i like about the Owl or the other sleeves is that you can use it as a messenger bag

why you said the MBA needs an extra power supply?

mespeakin
Bro

« Reply #10 on: Mar 21, 2012 01:56 PM »

http://www.apple.com/thunderbolt/

austmuslimah
Sis

« Reply #11 on: Mar 21, 2012 09:53 PM »

Salam,
Wow Sr austmuslimah, you're one kind sis! Getting your bro a MacBook air or pro? Super expensive are MacBook Pro's but I love my MacBook Pro! I bought the latest version & it is an investment! (I gave up having a nicer car in order to buy my Mac). I do not plan on buying another 'lappie' for at least another 6 (hopefully 10) years Insha'Allah.
When I asked my family for the sleeve (even as an Eid present) they refused! Apparently they don't like being told what to buy for me! Never mind that it would've made me soooo happy!
Anyway, a sweet sis who's a friend of mine bought me a sleeve. I am so chuffed! I still love it!
Ma'Salam,
Cinders

Hahaha yea I love to buy my brothers and sisters things, I spend more money on them than on myself. My bro will start uni next year so its his graduation/start uni present.
So a pro is good ? Good to know, cuz he loves the pro as well...

Ill leave it up to him to buy the sleeves and whatnot hahahaa
akhan
Bro

akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #12 on: Mar 22, 2012 02:20 AM »

Hahaha yea I love to buy my brothers and sisters things, I spend more money on them than on myself.
Please make me your brother Grin
austmuslimah
Sis

« Reply #13 on: Mar 22, 2012 09:49 PM »

lol akhan you are my brother, in faith teehee Cheesy
akhan
Bro

akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #14 on: Mar 23, 2012 04:14 AM »

lol akhan you are my brother, in faith teehee Cheesy
in faith to haich, but I also want to be the one with all those monetary benefits Grin
austmuslimah
Sis

« Reply #15 on: Mar 23, 2012 05:12 AM »

i dunnooo u could try a body swap thing, but then ud be living in the body of a high schooler in riyadh (well the riyadh thing could be a plus for u haha).

other than that ive got no suggestions hahaha
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: