Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are the rules for fidya?  (Read 1191 times)
moonlight
Sis

Reps: 1

« on: Aug 30, 2009 07:08 PM »

Asalam Alaikum all!

And Ramadan Mubarak to all! I have not been logging in for a while, but as usual, come Ramadan i get pulled to this site  Smiley

Love the Ramadan diaries! What a wonderful concept. I think of signing up, but when I read the wonderful wonderful other entries, I am at a loss for words to write anything for myself!  Cheesy

I have a quick question in regards to fidya,if anyone knows the details.

For an elderly person who is not able to fast and not able to make up the fast later, what is the exact ruling? I know it is to feed a poor person a meal, but:

a. is it the equivalent of one meal for one person (ie. not 3 meals a day for a person)
b. can it be given to any poor person in the community? (ie. does it have to be given to a Muslim person?)

Jazak Allahu Khairyan!
 purplehijabisis

jannah
Administrator

Reps: 2770

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Aug 31, 2009 05:06 AM »

wsalaam,

don't know the answer to your question, but:
Love the Ramadan diaries! What a wonderful concept. I think of signing up, but when I read the wonderful wonderful other entries, I am at a loss for words to write anything for myself!

sign up!!! reading without writing isn't nice Sad we're all at a loss for words but we're just talking as if to friends across the world and telling them how our ramadan is, what our practices and culture are. so sign up!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: