Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: which is better in Ramadan  (Read 836 times)
timbuktu
« on: Aug 30, 2009 12:55 AM »

AoA

In the last 10 or 12 days of Sha`baan, I had tried to read the Quran with translation of the meanings. I had managed to finish it in nearly one-third of the month. So I thought I would go through the Quran with:
 1. translation of the meanings, using the multicolored text that separates the identifiers from the root of the word,
 2. a more "flowing" sort of translation as well as
 3. a commentary.

I thought I would be able to finish reading the Quran with a little more organised understanding.

Alas, I did not make an allowance for my laziness. I was not able to proceed beyond one juzz.

Now with so much of Ramadan gone, and recognising my own limitations, what is better: to read some Quran with translations and tafseer, or just try to read the whole of the Quran during the rest of Ramadan?

Any advice?

jannah
Administrator

Reps: 2775

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Aug 30, 2009 06:47 AM »

wsalaam wrt,

i think whatever you do you should set a goal for yourself. like by the end of Ramadan I need to have read the entire Quran in my language. Or I need to have read 1/2 with quran meaning by the end. And you have to force yourself to do it every day and not slack off!! (thats what always happens to me!) good luck  bebzi

BrKhalid
Bro

Reps: 273

« Reply #2 on: Aug 31, 2009 05:48 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum  bro

Now with so much of Ramadan gone, and recognising my own limitations, what is better: to read some Quran with translations and tafseer, or just try to read the whole of the Quran during the rest of Ramadan?

It is said the nafs is inclined to ease and laziness but is easily prone to despair so one should try at set a challenging goal which is achievable but at the same time not overburdensome.

Easier said than done perhaps....

Maybe strengthen your resolve with some Rooh Afza Br timbuktu since that seems to be the flavour of the month at the moment  Wink

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: