Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lanterns of Light:“Oh My Servants, Seek My Guidance, I will Guide You.”  (Read 494 times)
Abdurahman
Bro

Reps: 44

Oh Allah, Guide us to the Straight Path.

« on: Sep 04, 2009 11:24 PM »

Bismillah

September 5, 2009

Mishkaat al-Anwaar or Lanterns of Light
“Ya Ibaadi, You are all Lost save those whom I guide, so seek My Guidance”
Shaykh Muhammad Hassan

Asalamualaikum wrt wb,

Oh Allah Most High, all praise be to You, You are the Light of the heavens and the earth and whatever is in them, and praise be to You, for You cause all things to exist, and You are the King of the Universe and whatever is in it, and You are Truth, and Your Promise is True, and Paradise is True, and Hellfire is True, and the Hour is True, and the Prophet is True.

Oh Allah Most High, I have submitted to you, I believe in You, I seek Your Forgiveness, and I trust in You, and seek Your guidance, and I seek Your rulings, please forgive me for what has gone by in my life, and what I will do in the future, for there is no god but You.

I bear witness that there is no God but Allah Most High, Who is Know by all perfect qualities and characteristics, Who is beyond all examples, the Living that does not die, the Cause of all events, and the actions of the Day reach Him before the Night, and the actions of the night reach Him before the Day, and the One who does not sleep.

His veil is Light, and if it were lifted the face of the onlooker would be set ablaze (by its Glory).  His words are truth and just, and His essence is beyond comparison.  His mercy encompasses all of creation with beauty, and to Him is all praise and dominion.

He did not create the heavens and the earth and what is between them in falsehood, nor did he leave mankind in chaos, wandering about without purpose.   But rather, He commanded them to worship Him, and affirm His Oneness, and He showed them His signs and blessings in order that they might know Him, and to love Him, and those who accept He is pleased with them, and those who turn away He calls out to them.

As Allah Most High says:
قُلْ يَا عِبَادِيَ الَّذِينَ أَسْرَفُوا عَلَى أَنْفُسِهِمْ لَا تَقْنَطُوا مِنْ رَحْمَةِ اللَّهِ إِنَّ اللَّهَ يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ جَمِيعًا إِنَّهُ هُوَ الْغَفُورُ الرَّحِيمُ [الزمر/53]

53. Say: "O 'Ibâdî (My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allâh, verily Allâh forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.”

And I bear witness that Muhammad is Allah’s slave and Messenger, a bearer of glad tidings and a warner, the Shining Bright Lantern (of guidance), the one who raised hardships from the people, and the one whom Allah Most High sent with guidance before the Hour with good news and a warning.  He sealed the line of Prophethood with him, and taught the ignorant, and guided the lost, and opened blind eyes, and deaf ears, and sealed hearts, and who left us on a clear manifest guidance, its night like its day, and none deviates from it save finds himself in perdition.
Oh Allah Most High, send peace upon him, his family, and companions, and those who follow in his footsteps until the Day of Judgment.

Welcome to you all, brothers and sisters, you have done well, may Allah enlighten your faces, and expand your chests (with guidance), and your efforts have been blessed.  I ask Allah Most High who joined us during this blessed hour, in His obedience, to join us in the Afterlife with the best of Messengers, in the Gardens of Paradise.

My beloved, “Mishkaat al Anwaar”, or “Lanterns of Light”:  a series in Imaan and Hope, about Ahadith Qudsi, narrations that the best of creation our beloved Prophet pbuh relates on the authority of Allah Most High, to purify our character, and renew our Iman, and take our hearts into the Shade of His Majestic Throne, for hearts wander, either in the heavens, or in the base earth, and to raise our aspirations and hopes, and fill our spirits with the light of taqwa, and cure the sickness of heedlessness by smelling the musk of divine guidance, in the hope that we may attain proximity with Allah Most High, and what is more happy than a life with Allah Most High, and what is more pure and beautiful than the taste of Divine intimacy, for one who experiences is not like one who only hears, and no one knows the pain of a thorn save one who touches is it.

Oh my Lord, the Kings have shut their doors, but Your Door is open to every supplicant, beggar, and sinner, it is open to those who have shortcomings, my Lord, my Master, the celestial bodies have gone, and the eyes of closed (in sleep) yet you are the Ever Living, the Eternal, who never sleeps.

Oh Allah Most High, others have gone to bed, to be with their beloved, but we have come to you, we are here raising our hands in the air calling on You, we place our foreheads on the ground in humble submission to You, in order that You may be pleased with us, we are the people of Your worship, of Your love, and yes, we are people of sin, oh Allah Most High, we have committed mistakes, but we do not despair of Your Mercy, but we flee to You.  We need you.  What has deluded the others from Your Countenance?  Whoever seeks Your forgiveness, You Love him.  And he who doesn’t, You Cure through tests and tribulations.

But You do not need us, yet if I seek Your forgiveness, You forgive, and if I make mistakes, You accept me, and if I turn away, You call me, and if I come towards you, You come close to me, and if I love You, You make me your Wali, Your close friend, and if I do good You reward me, and if I am sincere, You have intimate speech with me, oh Allah Most High, You are the most Merciful, so forgive me.

Oh the One whom the fearful flee too, and the One Whom those who trust place their trust in, and those who ask You, You give them, my Lord, My Master, My Owner:

I cried out to You, while I wore a robe of poverty,

I said You are my Hope, who raises all hardships, easily,

I complained to You all things that You know better than me,

Raising my hands towards You, shaking humbly,

So please do not let them return to me empty,

For boundless indeed is Your bounty and Your generosity.

Come my beloved to a glimmer from the Lanterns of Light, the same spark of light that we spoke about in the last chapter, one that causes the heart to tremble.  Let us again live the night in the company of a hadith Qudsi, narrated from the beloved Prophet, on Allah Most High.

Narrated by Imam Muslim and Tirmidhi and others, that Abu Dhar reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying that Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, said:

عَنْ النَّبِيِّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ فِيمَا رَوَى عَنْ اللَّهِ تَبَارَكَ وَتَعَالَى أَنَّهُ قَالَ يَا عِبَادِي إِنِّي حَرَّمْتُ الظُّلْمَ عَلَى نَفْسِي وَجَعَلْتُهُ بَيْنَكُمْ مُحَرَّمًا فَلَا تَظَالَمُوا يَا عِبَادِي كُلُّكُمْ ضَالٌّ إِلَّا مَنْ هَدَيْتُهُ فَاسْتَهْدُونِي أَهْدِكُمْ يَا عِبَادِي كُلُّكُمْ جَائِعٌ إِلَّا مَنْ أَطْعَمْتُهُ فَاسْتَطْعِمُونِي أُطْعِمْكُمْ يَا عِبَادِي كُلُّكُمْ عَارٍ إِلَّا مَنْ كَسَوْتُهُ فَاسْتَكْسُونِي أَكْسُكُمْ يَا عِبَادِي إِنَّكُمْ تُخْطِئُونَ بِاللَّيْلِ وَالنَّهَارِ وَأَنَا أَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ جَمِيعًا فَاسْتَغْفِرُونِي أَغْفِرْ لَكُمْ يَا عِبَادِي إِنَّكُمْ لَنْ تَبْلُغُوا ضَرِّي فَتَضُرُّونِي وَلَنْ تَبْلُغُوا نَفْعِي فَتَنْفَعُونِي يَا عِبَادِي لَوْ أَنَّ أَوَّلَكُمْ وَآخِرَكُمْ وَإِنْسَكُمْ وَجِنَّكُمْ كَانُوا عَلَى أَتْقَى قَلْبِ رَجُلٍ وَاحِدٍ مِنْكُمْ مَا زَادَ ذَلِكَ فِي مُلْكِي شَيْئًا يَا عِبَادِي لَوْ أَنَّ أَوَّلَكُمْ وَآخِرَكُمْ وَإِنْسَكُمْ وَجِنَّكُمْ كَانُوا عَلَى أَفْجَرِ قَلْبِ رَجُلٍ وَاحِدٍ مَا نَقَصَ ذَلِكَ مِنْ مُلْكِي شَيْئًا يَا عِبَادِي لَوْ أَنَّ أَوَّلَكُمْ وَآخِرَكُمْ وَإِنْسَكُمْ وَجِنَّكُمْ قَامُوا فِي صَعِيدٍ وَاحِدٍ فَسَأَلُونِي فَأَعْطَيْتُ كُلَّ إِنْسَانٍ مَسْأَلَتَهُ مَا نَقَصَ ذَلِكَ مِمَّا عِنْدِي إِلَّا كَمَا يَنْقُصُ الْمِخْيَطُ إِذَا أُدْخِلَ الْبَحْرَ يَا عِبَادِي إِنَّمَا هِيَ أَعْمَالُكُمْ أُحْصِيهَا لَكُمْ ثُمَّ أُوَفِّيكُمْ إِيَّاهَا فَمَنْ وَجَدَ خَيْرًا فَلْيَحْمَدْ اللَّهَ وَمَنْ وَجَدَ غَيْرَ ذَلِكَ فَلَا يَلُومَنَّ إِلَّا نَفْسَهُ

“O My servants, I have made oppression unlawful for Me and unlawful for you, so do not commit oppression against one another.

O My servants, all of you are liable to err except one whom I guide on the right path, so seek right guidance from Me so that I should direct you to the right path.

O My servants, all of you are hungry (needy) except one whom I feed, so beg food from Me, so that I may give that to you.

O My servants, all of you are naked (need clothes) except one whom I provide garments, so beg clothes from Me, so that I should clothe you.

O My servants, you commit error night and day and I am there to pardon your sins, so beg pardon from Me so that I should grant you pardon.

O My servants, you can neither do Me any harm nor can you do Me any good.

O My servants, even if the first amongst you and the last amongst you and even the whole of human race of yours, and that of jinns even, become (equal in) God-conscious like the heart of a single person amongst you, nothing would add to My Power.

O My servants, even if the first amongst you and the last amongst you and the whole human race of yours and that of the jinns too in unison become the most wicked (all beating) like the heart of a single person, it would cause no loss to My Power.

O My servants, even if the first amongst you and the last amongst you and the whole human race of yours and that of jinns also all stand in one plain ground and you ask Me and I confer upon every person what he asks for, it would not in any way cause any loss to Me (even less) than that which is caused to the ocean by dipping the needle in it.

O My servants, I am recording these actions of yours, and I shall reward you for them, so he who finds his deeds good should praise Allah and he who does not find that should not blame anyone but his own self.””

Oh Allah, what is more beautiful than this ray of light, by the Lord of the Kaaba, are there more beautiful words than this?  In the last chapter, we spoke about the first calling of the narration, “Ya Ibâdî, or Oh my servants.”

Tonight, let us speak about the words, “O My servants, all of you are liable to err except one whom I guide on the right path, so seek right guidance from Me so that I should direct you to the right path. O My servants, all of you are hungry (needy) except one whom I feed, so beg food from Me, so that I may give that to you.  O My servants, all of you are naked (need clothes) except one whom I provide garments, so beg clothes from Me, so that I should clothe you.”

And let us spend this chapter on these words alone, and inshallah we will complete the hadith in the next time.  We are in such great need to derive the pearls and lessons of these words, and we ask Allah to make those who understand His words and follow the best of them.

‘Ya Ibâdî’ or ‘O My servants’: words that call out to our emotions, and remind us of our servitude to Allah, despite our shortcomings.  “Oh my servants, you are all astray, except those whom I guide, so seek My guidance.”

Allah begins with the greatest and most noble blessing to any servant, the blessing of guidance.

“You are all astray, except those whom I guide.” Guidance is the most valuable gift, and the most awesome of blessings.  In short, there are four types of guidance:

1.)    Hidaya Aam:  General guidance,

This is what is mentioned in the verse, “And who is your Lord, O Musa?”  (Musa replied) “My Lord is the One who created all things, then guided them.”

Allah has created all things with a purpose.  The eye, for example, was created in a beautiful shape, and it benefits the human being.  It is placed in a socket that protects it, and there are eye lashes that protect it from the sun, and eyebrows that keep sweat out of the eye, and Allah Most High placed saline water in it that kills bacteria from the air.  The ear is in a perfect shape, that captures sound, and it has bitter fluid in it that keeps insects out while you sleep.
Allama Aloosi said regarding the words “then guided them (thuma hada)” in the previous verse: “Then Allah guided them to be signs of Allah.”  What a beautiful interpretation.  Allah Most High created all things as signs that point to His Majesty.
“And even in your own selves there are signs, but will you remember?”

2.)    Hidaya ad-Dalaalah: The Guidance of Directing and Showing the Way

And Allah showed us the way of guidance, and Allah took that oath from all of the children of Adam, when Allah said, “Am I not your Lord?”  and we said, ‘Yes.’
All of creation is created with the Fitra, but the Shaitans dirty this beautiful guidance, and this original promise between us and Allah.  So Allah, out of His mercy, sent Prophets to remind the creation about Him, and about their original oath with Allah.  Allah said, “We do not punish until We have sent a Messenger.”

Every nation has had a Prophet and a warner come to them.  But Prophets do not live forever; rather they leave inheritors, to carry on the role of propagating religion.  They are called Hawariyoon (disciples, or helpers), and they follow the Sunnah (ways and traditions) of the Prophet.

Reflect on this mercy from Allah Most High, that He does not hold us to account until He has sent a Messenger to us, and who then leaves inheritors afterwards, so that creation will always hear and be reminded of Allah Most High.

3.)    Hidaya at Tawfeeq: Special Divine Guidance

And those who struggle against their selves, and listen to the Prophets and Callers, Allah will cast guidance into their hearts; He will make faith beautiful in your heart, and make Kufr and disobedience hated in your heart.  This is what Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah referred to as Ilhaam (inspiration), the love of faith and guidance, and the hatred of misguidance and sin and evil.
This type of guidance is only in the hands of Allah, and no king possesses it.  Allah says, “You do not guide whom you wish, rather Allah guides whom He wills.”
As for the verse, “You indeed guide to the Straight Path.”  This is referring to Hidaya ad-Dalalah as mentioned above, i.e. showing the way, and not casting light into the hearts.
If Hidaya of Tawfeeq was in the hands of any person, the Prophet pbuh would have guided Abu Talib, and Nuh would have guided his son, and Lut his wife, but it is not in anyone’s hands, it is from Allah.  Yet this type of guidance has its causes, and from them is faith, and desire for it.
Allah says, “Wa mayn yumin billah yahdee qalbah.” “Whoever has faith in Allah, He will guide his heart.”

Also from the causes of Hidaya at-Tawfeeq is relying and trusting in Allah for all your needs.  You need Allah’s guidance at every moment, so that no word or thought crosses your mind except what is pleasing to Allah.   And if not, I would be lost, and I would have no Divine help, and my heart would lose certainty of faith (Yaqeen), and trust, and love, and these actions of the heart would be lost, if Allah does not provide protection and safety.
Allah says,

وَكَيْفَ تَكْفُرُونَ وَأَنْتُمْ تُتْلَى عَلَيْكُمْ آَيَاتُ اللَّهِ وَفِيكُمْ رَسُولُهُ وَمَنْ يَعْتَصِمْ بِاللَّهِ فَقَدْ هُدِيَ إِلَى صِرَاطٍ مُسْتَقِيمٍ  [آل عمران/101]

101. And how would you disbelieve, while unto you are recited the Verses of Allâh, and among you is His Messenger (Muhammad SAW)? And whoever holds firmly to Allâh, (i.e. follows Islâm Allâh's Religion, and obeys all that Allâh has ordered, practically), then he is indeed guided to a Right Path.

And Allah says, “Waladheena jahadoo feena la nahdiyannhum subulana.”  “Whoever strives in Our Way, We shall guide them to our Paths.”

Also, prayer is a means and cause of Hidaya at Tawfeeq.  Likewise is Dua.  It is a means of guidance, for Allah says, “I answer the call of every supplicant, so let them answer Me, and believe in Me, in order that they may be guided.”  And from the most comprehensive duas in the Quran is the words of Allah, “Lead us to the Straight Path.”

Beg Allah to show you the straight path, the path of the Prophets, and the righteous, and seek refuge from following the misguided, and Allah will grant you Tawfeeq.  I ask Allah to guide me the straight path, the path of the truthful.  And there is nothing in the world except its causes.

4.)    Hidaya in the Afterlife

In the afterlife, there will be those who will be guided towards the Fire, and there will be those guided towards the Paradise.

Listen to this valuable piece of knowledge:  Whoever is guided to the Straight path in this world, will be guided to Paradise in the afterlife.  And according to your adherence to the Straight path in this world, will be your firmness and guidance on the path to Paradise in the afterlife.

And likewise, those on the path of misguidance and doubtful matters and wanton desires in this world, will be guided towards the Fire in the afterlife.

The Prophet said in Bukhari:
أُذِنَ لَهُمْ بِدُخُولِ الْجَنَّةِ فَوَالَّذِي نَفْسُ مُحَمَّدٍ بِيَدِهِ لَأَحَدُهُمْ بِمَسْكَنِهِ فِي الْجَنَّةِ أَدَلُّ بِمَنْزِلِهِ كَانَ فِي الدُّنْيَا

When the believers will be allowed to enter the Paradise, by the One in Whose Hand is my soul, the believer will recognize his home and find his way to it more easily than he used to in the worldly life.

They will be guided to their houses in the Paradise.   They will find their home, and recognize it.  When people come down from the plain of Arafat, each person finds his way home.  Likewise one will find his way to his home in Paradise in accordance to his following the religion in this world.

“You are all misguided, except whom I guide.”  Allah says,
6. Did He not find you (O Muhammad (Peace be upon him)) an orphan and gave you a refuge?
7. And He found you unaware (of the Qur'ân, its legal laws, and Prophethood, etc.) and guided you?

He found you without guidance,
مَا كُنْتَ تَدْرِي مَا الْكِتَابُ وَلَا الْإِيمَانُ وَلَكِنْ جَعَلْنَاهُ نُورًا نَهْدِي بِهِ مَنْ نَشَاءُ مِنْ عِبَادِنَا وَإِنَّكَ لَتَهْدِي إِلَى صِرَاطٍ مُسْتَقِيمٍ  [الشورى/52]
You knew not what is the Book, nor what is Faith, But We have made it (this Qur'ân) a light wherewith We guide whosoever of Our slaves We will. And verily, you (O Muhammad SAW) are indeed guiding (mankind) to the Straight Path.

This light, that Allah threw into your heart Oh Muhammad pbuh, and likewise you my brother, my honored sister, and me, and if it weren’t for Allah, we would not be guided.

During the battle of the Trench, will the Prophet pbuh dug, he would say, “If it were not for Allah, we would not have been guided.”  The Prophet pbuh raised his voice with this verse.  You need Allah in every moment, every second, to guide you.  Even those in Paradise they will say.
“Thanks and praise be to Allah, who guided us to this.”

My honored friend, beg Allah for Hidaya at Tawfeeq.  This is your most valuable possession, and what is the use of food and drink, and blessings, when a person does not know his or her purpose in life?  What good is food and drink to one whose end is the Fire?  They eat and drink, but to what avail?

The wealthiest person will be brought to the Fire, and dipped in for a moment, and will then be asked, “Did you every have a moment of enjoyment?”  He will say, “No, never.”  It will all be forgotten.  What is the value of blessings whose end is the fire, and may Allah protect us.

Allah says, “Seek my guidance, and I will guide you.”  This is a promise from Allah.  Like the verse, “Those who strive in Our Way, We will guide them to Our Paths.”  Is it possible to visit me without knocking on my door?  Yet a person says, I want guidance, but he doesn’t seek the means to guidance, and doesn’t ask and seek knowledge.
Rather they prefer to be like the Thamud, about whom Allah Most High says, ‘fa lamma zaghu azagha Allah qulubahum” “When they deviated, Allah caused their hearts to deviate,” because they were arrogant.  Take the means of guidance, so that you will be of those who have Hidaya at Tawfeeq.

Then after mentioning the blessing of guidance in this Hadith Qudsi, Allah mentions His other blessings on us. “You are all hungry except those Whom I feed.”

Does anyone come out of the womb of his mother with dollars in his hand?  Or clothes?  So remember Allah’s favor on you.  “You are all naked, save those whom I clothe.”

In these two callings, there is a very critical message:  We are required to trust and rely on Allah while seeking benefit and warding off harm.  Eating food is for benefit, and clothes are to ward off harm, and your heart must sincerely rely and trust in Allah, and then we take the means, for Allah said, “Seek my provision, and I will provide for you.”

Thus we must take the means.  “Huwa aldhee ja’ala lakum ard dhaluulan famshoo fi mankibiha.” “He is the One who has placed the earth for you service, so walk in its hills and valleys.”
And those who think that they trust in Allah by not taking any means, this is a deficient understanding.  For yes, we cut off worldly causation of things from our heart, and place our trust in Allah.  But we do not cut off the worldly means to things in our actions.

The Prophet pbuh was the most trusting in Allah, yet he took the means and precautions in the Hijra, and brought food with him, and before the battle of the Trench, and he even hired a disbeliever to show him the path of escape during the Hijra.  The Prophet pbuh is the best teacher, who taught us to take the means, and seek food, and drink, while having complete trust in Allah.

A person who takes the means, but forgets about Allah, has made a major mistake.  Sahl as Tustari said:  “Whoever abandons taking the means has abandoned the Sunnah, and whoever abandons trust in Allah has abandoned true Faith.”

Taking the means is the Sunnah of the Prophet pbuh.  And Trust in Allah was the inward state of the Prophet pbuh at all moments.  So whoever has the inward state of the Prophet should likewise not leave the Sunnah of the Prophet pbuh.  Yes, all blessings are from Allah.

Allah says, “Do you not see what you harvest.  Are you the one who causes it to grow, or are We the Causer of its growth?  If We desired, We could have turned it to dust, and you would have been left dumbfounded.”
Allah could have made it dust in front of you, so that you would realize the power of Allah.

“Do you not see what you drink?  Are you the one who causes it to descend from the sky, or are We the Causer of it to descend?”

Clothes and food is Rizq from the Allah Most High.  And no one Provides Rizq to another on earth, rather they are just the means, but the Provider is Allah Most High, who provides, and makes the means available.  Allah has created means, and he prepares the means for you.  This is your Rizq, and it is in the Hand of Allah.

Ibrahim bin Adham sat down one evening to eat a piece of meat.  He threw a piece of the meat to a cat, and it ran away.  He ran after it, and was amazed to see the cat throw the meat into a hole, within which was a blind snake.  He turned to Allah, and said, “Glory to Allah who made even enemies the means to feed one another!”

Yes, you might pray on prayer rug made in China, and Allah caused this item to reach you.  Hatim al Asamm was asked how did you reach this level of Trust in Allah?  He replied:

1.)    I knew that my Rizq will not go to anyone else.
2.)   I knew that my work is for me and no one else will do it for me.
3.)   I always bear in Allah was watching me in all my affairs.
4.)   I never forget that Death is awaiting me.

He said "My Rizq is in the hands of Allah."  One day, Hatim set out for Hajj, and his kids said, who will take care of us?  He said, Allah, Most High.  And he had a righteous daughter, who said, “Go dad, for you are not the Provider for us.”  So he left and there was only a little food for the family.

After a few days, the food ran out, and Hatim’s daughter, the young girl, turned to the heavens, and she said, “Oh Allah, we have become used to Your bounty, so do not prevent us from Your Generosity.”

As it happened, A king was passing by, and he was in desperate need of water, and the family of Hatim al Assam gave him water.  The king said, what a righteous house, and he, rather Allah caused him to toss a bag of gold into their house.

Yet, Allah wanted to provide more for them.  The king decided to enquire about the residents of this pious home, and he entered the house.  He greeted them, and said “I will lavish you with my wealth.”  The daughter walked into the room crying.  The mother said, why are you crying?  She said, a king looked at us kindly, and look how blessed we have become.  So how would it be if the King of the Heavens and the Earth looks at us with His Mercy?

Allah provides for us, and some might say, this level of Trust in Allah was only possible for those pious people of the past.  No, this is for the whole Ummah.  Show me a person who has truly asked from Allah, and I guarantee that Allah has answered his call.
Allah says,

وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُوا لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُوا بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ [البقرة/186]

186. And when My slaves ask you (O Muhammad SAW) concerning Me, then (answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My Knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright!

Let me tell you about an honorable woman that I know.  One when her husband was away travelling, her daughter became sick.  She said:
“I don’t own anything to buy food for the family, let alone medicine, and all that I have is to pray to Allah, and seek His Bounty.”  She cried, and wiped her tears from her face, and from her daughters face.  She kept praying throughout the night.

After the middle of the night, around 2 AM, someone knocked on the door.  She said, “Who is it?”  He said, “The Doctor.”  She came rushing to the door, and the doctor said, “Where is the sick girl?”  He checked her, and gave her medicine, and then got up to leave.  He then waited expecting his fee.  The mother said, “I don’t have anything to pay you, you came without me calling you.”
He said, “You didn’t call me?”

“By Allah, I didn’t call you, and you came suddenly in the middle of the night.”

He said, “I am so sorry, I made a mistake, I was supposed to go to your neighbors door, they called me and told me their daughter was sick.”  When he found out about their situation, he felt sad for them and he gave them a monthly stipend.

Let me close with this beautiful story that happened to me while I was on Hajj, and I saw a poor older man from Yemen, raising his hands high in the air towards the sky, so high I could see his armpits, calling on Allah and crying, and I looked at him and was in awe of his condition.  I decided to pray next to him, but just behind him so that I wouldn’t disturb him.  I prayed next to him, and I was in deep contemplation.

After some time, another person came by, a native of the land of the two holy mosques, and he too was struck by the old man’s condition, and he said salam to the old man, but the man did not notice him as he was in deep in prayer.  The Saudi brother then threw a large amount of money onto the mat in front of the man praying, but again the man did not notice.  After a while, when the old man finished praying, he looked down at the money, then smiled as if he was relieved, then began crying, and started making dua again.  

When the old man finished praying, I asked him, “My brother, what were you making dua for?”  He said, “By Allah, I came to the House of Allah seeking His help, and I never asked anyone for my needs except Allah.   And here, this is three times more than I was in need of!”

Yes, “If you seek my provision, I will provide for you.”  

We take the means, yet there are those who are sick, and weak, and are in need, and cannot, and Allah will provide for them.  Inshallah we will complete the rest of this hadith in the next chapter.  May Allah make us for those who hear the words of guidance, and follow the best of them.

Asalamualaikum wrt wb.

Be merciful to those on earth, and the One in the Heavens will be merciful to you.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: