Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

Once more into the quran, dear friends, once more.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Save a brother from scam  (Read 2758 times)
Hard2Hit
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
Hard2Hit has no influence :(

Taubah

« on: Jan 29, 2008 03:27 PM »

Assalam Alaikum,

Okay, so just out of curiosity... I applied to a job in USA  Lips Sealed

And I think its a scam  bebzi

So can anyone help a brother in deen and tell me if these numbers have got anything to do with US? (I think they are Veitnamese or Korean... coz I smell sushi)

Numba vhun: 847/915-4384
Numba too :  (847) 915-4479

And the irony is, someone from India called me for initial interview. I didn't understand his english and he couldn't get mine  Kiss  Kiss  Kiss

YELP ?!

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
Blessedgrandma
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
Blessedgrandma has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2008 08:33 PM »

As salaam allaikum brother,
I'd be glad to help, what is the name of the company?
I can call the Better Business Bureau and see if it is a legitimate company.
The 847 is an Illinois area code.
The 915 is a location in Illinois called Algonquin (Chicago area)

aziza purplehijabisis

jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2008 11:08 PM »

wsalaam,

yeah you can do a lookup here: http://www.areacodehelp.com/where/area_code_847.shtml

ask them for their name and website and look it up to see if they are legitimate! maybe even call their HR department too.
Hard2Hit
Bro

Taubah

« Reply #3 on: Jan 30, 2008 07:15 AM »

Assalam Alaikum,

Aziza: You'll have to call them for verification then =). Company's name is "viva-it".

Jannah: Well sis, the thing that made me vary was that they were asking me to deposit some processing fee which is equal to my monthly pay check. Its them who should pay the processing fee if they want to hire good resources. Website is http://www.viva-it.com

Another thing that made me want to do background checks was that they haven't named their customers on their website, and have just mentioned their client's area of work. It could be for business reasons but others do like to brag about their big clients!

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
lala marcy
Sis

Reputation Power: 14
lala marcy has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: Jan 30, 2008 08:44 PM »

salaam,

Dont do it. If they are asking you for money for an interview more or less- it rings big alarms in my head. Doesnt make any sense. Move on:)

Need an IT job here in the US ? Plan on moving here? How's your english? Move here..we're hiring developers..must have Oracle database experience, Java..all that.

Anyways:)

til later.
peace
Hard2Hit
Bro

Taubah

« Reply #5 on: Jan 31, 2008 07:03 AM »

Salaams,

I've talked to azizah and brohanif over the phone, so they can give a word on my englishes  bro

umm... actually we can even talk over the phone if you want to know how good or bad it is, vat is ur mobile numbar? shadyguy

And I'm in software testing and test automation/scripting field for 7 years, not sure if ammi and wifey would let me go anytime soon. Just wanted to try out H1 and then ask my family if I can take a leave from Pakland. So basically i'm in 2(+) minds.

jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #6 on: Feb 01, 2008 08:46 PM »

salam,

I did look up the website and the ceo and it looks to be a genuine business, but I really haven't heard of anyone charging a "processing fee" just to interview you, so that sounds really shady.
mary
« Reply #7 on: Feb 01, 2008 10:18 PM »

the thing that made me vary was that they were asking me to deposit some processing fee which is equal to my monthly pay check. Its them who should pay the processing fee if they want to hire good resources. Website is http://www.viva-it.com

I would not trust this business.  "Headhunters" seek out prospective employees to pitch to companies.  If a company decides to hire, the COMPANY pays a fee to the headhunter (sometimes as much as 25-50% of the first year's salary).  But the employee pays nothing.

I've worked in all kinds of recruiting, and I've NEVER ever heard of anyone paying to be interviewed. Huh?

There are a lot of reputable placement companies out there, don't take a chance on this one.

Sr. Mary  purplehijabisis
Sr.Kathy
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
Sr.Kathy has no influence :(

« Reply #8 on: Feb 02, 2008 04:55 AM »

asak
I did a reverse phone look up and it said the number is unavailable or unpublished
I'd take that as a red flag...
Ditto- I am a recruiter and we never ask for money from the potential employee.

"Allah surely knows the warmth of every teardrop... " Jaihoon
Hard2Hit
Bro

Taubah

« Reply #9 on: Feb 05, 2008 07:29 AM »

Salaams,

I think you guys are just jealous. Because if I come to the amreeka I'll have equal or more experience and skill than you, but I'd be willing to work for lesser pay.

Haterz!

On a serious note, I've circulated your feedback across Pakistan. So basically you've helped many brothers inshaAllah..

Jazakumullah Khair Smiley

Wasalam.

PS: umm... sis Mary, did you say that you actually recruit people?   Kiss

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #10 on: Feb 05, 2008 07:58 AM »

wsalam,

If you look on google there are mentions of the company, and their CEO usually by other business listing type sites so it doesn't seem like one of those completely fake nigeria money scams. It does seem like a staffing company though. You know one that has a catalog of all these 'resumes' of ppl on their books and when a company comes to them saying 'we need this and this', they then contract you to go over to the US and do the work, under their contract and you're paid what the staffing company pays and of course the company get the lucrative rest.

I have heard of companies overseas making recruits pay for taking certain exams? Maybe thats what they were asking you for? You know now that I think about it I think one company did want me to pay for something or take an exam or something? And I said forget it and got a much better job elsewhere so alhamdulillah.

Anyway it just seems like better sense to stick to well-known and legitimate companies instead.

And...are u sure? seriously imagine if you were in the US~!! You'd hate it... working with non-mahram women, women walking around everywhere half clothed Tongue, mosques you have to drive to, not having your family around. It's really a big step so think about it.
Hard2Hit
Bro

Taubah

« Reply #11 on: Feb 05, 2008 08:11 AM »

Salaams,

Yeah. thats why I never moved. I applied to an amreeki uni some 8 years back, I got admitted but didn't get the visa, which I dont regret the way I dont regret getting booted out of pak army recruiting exercises. Allah has given me better alternatives than both.

Oh and I work with non-mehrams here too, quite a few females in my team. But of course, most are covered, hijabi etc. And in my last company I rejected the offer to visit Alabama/Mobile office for a week or so... I think of all the screening at airports there an attack on my self respect. And I can't wash my clothes, toilet etc Sad

But then again, daallars are daallars  madinaflag

Wasalam.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: