Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lanterns of Light: “Oh My Servants, I Have Made Oppression Unlawful for Me"  (Read 606 times)
Abdurahman
Bro

Reps: 44

Oh Allah, Guide us to the Straight Path.

« on: Sep 03, 2009 11:09 PM »

Bismillah

September 1, 2009

Mishkaat al-Anwaar
“Oh My Servants, I Have Made Oppression Unlawful for Me and for You”
Shaykh Muhammad Hassan

Asalamualaikum wrt wb,

Oh Allah, all praise be to You, You are the Light of the heavens and the earth and whatever lies within them, and praise be to You, for You cause all things in the heavens and the earth to exist, and You are the King of the Universe and whatever is in it, and You are Truth, and the meeting with you is Truth, and Paradise is Truth, and Hellfire is Truth, and the Prophets are Truth, and Prophet Muhammad is Truth.

Oh Allah, I have submitted to You, I believe in You, and I trust in You, and I seek Your guidance, and I seek Your rulings, please forgive me for what has gone by in my life, and what I will do in the future, for You send things forth, and hold them back, and there is no God save You.

I bear witness that there is no God but Allah, Who is known by all perfect qualities and characteristics, Who is beyond all examples, the Living that does not die, and the Cause of all events.  The actions of the Day reach Him before the Night, and the actions of the night reach Him before the Day, and He does not sleep.

His veil is Light, and if it were lifted the face of the onlooker would be set ablaze (by its Glory).  His words are truth and just, and His essence is beyond comparison.  His mercy encompasses all of creation, with His beauty and bounty, and to Him is all praise and dominion, and to His is praise and majesty.

Allah did not create the heavens and the earth and what is between them in falsehood, nor did He leave mankind in chaos (wandering about without purpose).   But rather, He created them to worship Him, and affirm His Oneness, and He showed them His signs in order that they might know Him, and love Him.  Those who accept the truth, He pleases them, and as for those who turn away, He calls out to them, as Allah says:

قُلْ يَا عِبَادِيَ الَّذِينَ أَسْرَفُوا عَلَى أَنْفُسِهِمْ لَا تَقْنَطُوا مِنْ رَحْمَةِ اللَّهِ إِنَّ اللَّهَ يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ جَمِيعًا إِنَّهُ هُوَ الْغَفُورُ الرَّحِيمُ [الزمر/53]

53. Say: "O 'Ibâdî (My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allâh, verily Allâh forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.”

And I bear witness that Muhammad is Allah’s slave and Messenger, a bearer of glad tidings and a warner, the Shining Bright Lantern (of guidance), the best of Prophets in speech, the one who raised hardships from the people, and the one whom Allah sent with guidance before the Hour with good news and a warning.  He sealed the line of Prophethood with him, and taught the ignorant, and guided the lost, and opened blind eyes, and deaf ears, and sealed hearts, and left us on a clear manifest guidance, its night like its day, and none deviates from it save finds himself in perdition.
Oh Allah, as we have believed him and we haven’t seen him, let us drink from his beloved hands on the Day of Judgment.  And send peace be upon Prophet Muhammad, his family, and companions, and those who follow eagerly in his footsteps until the Day of Judgment.

Welcome to you all, honored brothers and sisters, you have done well, you pure and noble people, and your efforts have been blessed, and you have earned a place for yourselves in Paradise.  I ask Allah the Most Generous Who joined us during this blessed hour, in His obedience, to join us in the Afterlife with the best of Messengers, and the Imam of the Prophets, in the Gardens of Paradise.

My beloved, “Mishkaat al Anwaar”, or “Lanterns of Light”:  a series in Faith and Hope, about Ahadith Qudsi, narrations that the best of creation our beloved Prophet pbuh relates on the authority of Allah, to renew our Iman, and purify our character, and take our hearts into the Shade of His Majestic Throne, and to raise our aspirations and hopes, and fill our spirits with the light of taqwa, and place within our being the greatness of the Majestic, and cure the sickness of heedlessness by smelling the musk of divine guidance, in the hope that we may attain proximity with Allah, and what is more joyous than a life with Allah, and the taste of Divine intimacy, for one who experiences is not like one who only hears, and no one knows the pain of a thorn save one who touches is it.

Oh my Lord, my Owner, my Master, the Kings have shut their doors, but Your Door is open to every supplicant, beggar, and sinner, it is open to those who have shortcomings, my Lord, my Master, the celestial bodies have gone, and the eyes have closed (in sleep) yet you are the Ever Living, the Eternal, who never sleeps.

Oh Allah, others have gone to bed, to be with their beloved, but we have come to you, we are here with our hearts raising our hands in the air calling on You, we place our foreheads on the ground in humble submission to You, rubbing our noses in the dirt, my Lord, we are the people of Your worship, of Your love, and yes, we are people of sin, oh Allah, we have committed mistakes, but we do not despair of Your Mercy, but we flee to You.  We need you.  What has deluded the others from Your Countenance? 

But You do not need us, and Who is More patient than you with sinners, if I seek Your forgiveness, You forgive, and if I make mistakes, You accept me, and if I turn away, You call me, and if I come towards you, You come close to me, and if I love You, You make me your Wali, Your close friend, and if I do good You reward me, and if I am sincere, You have intimate speech with me, oh Allah, You are the most Merciful, and turn so forgive me.  Oh Allah, don’t punish me, for I admit to my faults, and people think I am good, yet I am the worst of them if you don’t forgive me.

Oh the One whom the fearful flee too, and the One Whom those who trust place their trust in, and those who ask You, You give them, my Lord, My Master, My Owner:

I cried out to You, while I wore a robe of poverty,

I said You are my Hope, who raises all hardships, easily,

I complained to You all things that You know better than me,

Raising my hands towards You, shaking humbly,

So please do not let them return to me empty,

For boundless indeed is Your bounty and Your generosity.

Come tonight to a new hadith Qudsi, a Lantern of Light, through a reliable chain, narrated by the beloved Prophet on Allah Most High.  Yes, it is a beautiful, awesome shimmer of light that causes one’s heart to tremble.  Narrated by Imam Muslim and Tirmidhi and others, that the Beloved Prophet pbuh said, that Allah Most High said:

عَنْ النَّبِيِّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ فِيمَا رَوَى عَنْ اللَّهِ تَبَارَكَ وَتَعَالَى أَنَّهُ قَالَ يَا عِبَادِي إِنِّي حَرَّمْتُ الظُّلْمَ عَلَى نَفْسِي وَجَعَلْتُهُ بَيْنَكُمْ مُحَرَّمًا فَلَا تَظَالَمُوا يَا عِبَادِي كُلُّكُمْ ضَالٌّ إِلَّا مَنْ هَدَيْتُهُ فَاسْتَهْدُونِي أَهْدِكُمْ يَا عِبَادِي كُلُّكُمْ جَائِعٌ إِلَّا مَنْ أَطْعَمْتُهُ فَاسْتَطْعِمُونِي أُطْعِمْكُمْ يَا عِبَادِي كُلُّكُمْ عَارٍ إِلَّا مَنْ كَسَوْتُهُ فَاسْتَكْسُونِي أَكْسُكُمْ يَا عِبَادِي إِنَّكُمْ تُخْطِئُونَ بِاللَّيْلِ وَالنَّهَارِ وَأَنَا أَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ جَمِيعًا فَاسْتَغْفِرُونِي أَغْفِرْ لَكُمْ يَا عِبَادِي إِنَّكُمْ لَنْ تَبْلُغُوا ضَرِّي فَتَضُرُّونِي وَلَنْ تَبْلُغُوا نَفْعِي فَتَنْفَعُونِي يَا عِبَادِي لَوْ أَنَّ أَوَّلَكُمْ وَآخِرَكُمْ وَإِنْسَكُمْ وَجِنَّكُمْ كَانُوا عَلَى أَتْقَى قَلْبِ رَجُلٍ وَاحِدٍ مِنْكُمْ مَا زَادَ ذَلِكَ فِي مُلْكِي شَيْئًا يَا عِبَادِي لَوْ أَنَّ أَوَّلَكُمْ وَآخِرَكُمْ وَإِنْسَكُمْ وَجِنَّكُمْ كَانُوا عَلَى أَفْجَرِ قَلْبِ رَجُلٍ وَاحِدٍ مَا نَقَصَ ذَلِكَ مِنْ مُلْكِي شَيْئًا يَا عِبَادِي لَوْ أَنَّ أَوَّلَكُمْ وَآخِرَكُمْ وَإِنْسَكُمْ وَجِنَّكُمْ قَامُوا فِي صَعِيدٍ وَاحِدٍ فَسَأَلُونِي فَأَعْطَيْتُ كُلَّ إِنْسَانٍ مَسْأَلَتَهُ مَا نَقَصَ ذَلِكَ مِمَّا عِنْدِي إِلَّا كَمَا يَنْقُصُ الْمِخْيَطُ إِذَا أُدْخِلَ الْبَحْرَ يَا عِبَادِي إِنَّمَا هِيَ أَعْمَالُكُمْ أُحْصِيهَا لَكُمْ ثُمَّ أُوَفِّيكُمْ إِيَّاهَا فَمَنْ وَجَدَ خَيْرًا فَلْيَحْمَدْ اللَّهَ وَمَنْ وَجَدَ غَيْرَ ذَلِكَ فَلَا يَلُومَنَّ إِلَّا نَفْسَهُ

“Abu Dhar reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying that Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, said:
“O My servants, I have made oppression unlawful for Me and unlawful for you, so do not commit oppression against one another.
O My servants, all of you are liable to err except one whom I guide on the right path, so seek right guidance from Me so that I should direct you to the right path.
O My servants, all of you are hungry (needy) except one whom I feed, so beg food from Me, so that I may give that to you.
O My servants, all of you are naked (need clothes) except one whom I provide garments, so beg clothes from Me, so that I should clothe you.
O My servants, you commit error night and day and I am there to pardon your sins, so beg pardon from Me so that I should grant you pardon.
O My servants, you can neither do Me any harm nor can you do Me any good.
O My servants, even if the first amongst you and the last amongst you and even the whole of human race of yours, and that of jinns even, become (equal in) God-conscious like the heart of a single person amongst you, nothing would add to My Power.
O My servants, even if the first amongst you and the last amongst you and the whole human race of yours and that of the jinns too in unison become the most wicked (all beating) like the heart of a single person, it would cause no loss to My Power.
O My servants, even if the first amongst you and the last amongst you and the whole human race of yours and that of jinns also all stand in one plain ground and you ask Me and I confer upon every person what he asks for, it would not in any way cause any loss to Me (even less) than that which is caused to the ocean by dipping the needle in it.
O My servants, I am recording these actions of yours, and I shall reward you for them, so he who finds his deeds good should praise Allah and he who does not find that should not blame anyone but his own self.””

Oh Allah!  What is more beautiful than this words, by Allah if I wanted to repeat this hadith over and over, that would be sufficient for this chapter, in order that the Ummah could hear this hadith, and it is impossible for me to explain this hadith in a way that is befitting, for it causes the hearts to tremble, and the hadith is awesome, and vast, and affecting to the heart.

Allah said, “Oh my servants, I have made Oppression Unlawful for Me.”

Come with me, to live tonight with the Nidaa’ (call) of Allah from this hadith “Yaa Ibaadi, or Oh My servants” for it is repeated 10 times in this hadith.  Allah says, “My servants”, yet we sin night and day, and Allah still calls upon us saying, my servants!  We sin day and night, yet You do not deprive us of this title, your servants.  You oh my Lord, the Most High, the Forgiving, You are most forgiving, we have so many shortcoming, and faults, yet you do not remove us from the circle of servitude to You.

These words, ‘Yaa Ibaadi, O My servants’, they have two significant meanings.  First, they cause us to remember Allah, and they move our hard hearts to remember Allah, who shows us so much mercy.  We remember our shortcomings, yet Allah shows us this mercy by calling us His servants.

Second, they remind us of our true purpose in this world, to worship Allah.  Allah says, “And I have not created the Jinn and Mankind except to worship me.”

My beloved, don’t forget these two important meanings.  We must remember, all that we have to do is to break our egos and arrogance in front of Allah, and admit to our shortcomings, and Allah is merciful.

I admit to You, oh Allah, I am weak, I have made so many sins, and the world has deceived me, but You are the forgiving.  My Lord, here I am, I have thrown aside my desires, and come to You, will You turn me away?  No, I will not long for any other than You.
The second point is essential since it is a reminder of the purpose for which we were created.  And know my beloved, that there are two types of servitude to Allah, servitude that is imposed, and servitude that is voluntary.
The first is type of servitude, that is imposed on us, applies to all of creation, to the Kings and the poor, old and young, they are all subject to Allah’s decision and decree, from sickness, and death, and happiness, and sadness, and strength and weakness, each day Allah has a new affair, and He afflicts whom He wills, and heals whom He wishes. 
Allah says,

وَقَالُوا اتَّخَذَ الرَّحْمَنُ وَلَدًا (88) لَقَدْ جِئْتُمْ شَيْئًا إِدًّا (89) تَكَادُ السَّمَوَاتُ يَتَفَطَّرْنَ مِنْهُ وَتَنْشَقُّ الْأَرْضُ وَتَخِرُّ الْجِبَالُ هَدًّا (90) أَنْ دَعَوْا لِلرَّحْمَنِ وَلَدًا (91) وَمَا يَنْبَغِي لِلرَّحْمَنِ أَنْ يَتَّخِذَ وَلَدًا (92) إِنْ كُلُّ مَنْ فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ إِلَّا آَتِي الرَّحْمَنِ عَبْدًا [مريم/88-93]
“88. And they say: "The Most Beneficent (Allâh) has begotten a son (or offspring or children) [as the Jews say: 'Uzair (Ezra) is the son of Allâh, and the Christians say that He has begotten a son ['Iesa (Christ) <><>], and the pagan Arabs say that He has begotten daughters (angels, etc.)]."
89. Indeed you have brought forth (said) a terrible evil thing.
90. Whereby the heavens are almost torn, and the earth is split asunder, and the mountains fall in ruins,
91. That they ascribe a son (or offspring or children) to the Most Beneficent (Allâh).
92. But it is not suitable for (the Majesty of) the Most Beneficent (Allâh) that He should beget a son (or offspring or children).
93. There is none in the heavens and the earth but comes unto the Most Beneficent (Allâh) as a slave.

This is the servitude that is obligatory and all of creation is under this type of servitude, and no one can escape from it.

The second type of servitude is one by choice, and this is only achieved through two types of knowledge, knowledge of Allah, and knowledge of oneself.  This is the servitude of the Prophets, the righteous, and the more you submit to Allah in this sense, the more you increase in honor, and position, and status with Allah, and no one achieved this status more than the Prophet Muhammad, pbuh.
For this reason, Allah called the Prophet pbuh by this quality, ‘Abd, or Slave, when the Prophet pbuh reached the highest state in this world, when he was raised to the heavens in the Israa, or Night Ascension.  Allah says,

“Glory to the One who took His slave by night from the Sacred Precincts to Masjid al-Aqsa.”
And also, Allah called him slave when he carried out the Dawah, when He said,
19. (It has been revealed to me that) When the slave of Allâh (Muhammad SAW) stood up invoking (his Lord Allâh) in prayer to Him they (the jinns) just made round him a dense crowd as if sticking one over the other (in order to listen to the Prophet's recitation).

And also, Allah referred to the Prophet as a slave when Allah challenged the Mushrikeen.  Allah says: “And if you are in doubt about what We revealed to Our Slave, than bring a Sura like it if you are truthful.”

This servitude is from love and choice, and Allah praised the Prophet pbuh by this quality, servitude, in his highest states.  Allah wishes for us to reach this high state, and to not lose consciousness of it ever, until we are filled with the joy of seeing the countenance of Allah in the afterlife.
“My servants”, if I wanted to spend this entire chapter on these two words, it would suffice.  Servitude to Allah, it is the purpose for which the entire heavens and earth were created, and this station of servitude is not a side aspect of Islam, rather it is the purpose of the whole universe, and it is why we were created, and we must spend all of our effort to fulfill this purpose.

And our crisis today is that the Ummah has lost this goal.  Yet I know this Ummah, and I know we can return to this state of Servitude to Allah.

My beloved, Allah says, “Ya Ibaadi”  listen, the King is calling out to you, this is an honor, yes, you , a sinner, and me, I am a sinner, I have so many shortcomings, yet Allah is calling me saying, ”Ya Ibaadi.”

“I have forbidden oppression (dhulm) on myself, and I have made it forbidden between you, so do not oppress.”
This is emphasis in its highest form.  It would have been sufficient for Allah to have said, “I have forbidden oppression.”  But He forbade it on Himself.  What does this mean?

First, what is oppression (dhulm)?  It is going beyond the limits in anything.  Allah said, “This is the story of two gardens that gave their fruit and did not cross their boundaries (lam tadhlim).” It is going beyond the limits or confines that have been set.
Allah forbade Himself from oppressing His servants, and this is from His mercy and kindness, and Allah made oppression forbidden, and no one forced Him to do this.  Allah does not love oppression, and hates it, and thus, He forbade for Himself, and He commanded His creation to not oppress.

By the Lord of the Kaaba, if Allah punished all those in the heavens and the earth, this would not be oppression, and this is not from my opinion, for the Prophet pbuh said, in Ahmed:
قَالَ لَوْ أَنَّ اللَّهَ عَذَّبَ أَهْلَ سَمَوَاتِهِ وَأَهْلَ أَرْضِهِ لَعَذَّبَهُمْ وَهُوَ غَيْرُ ظَالِمٍ
“If Allah punished the inhabitants of His heavens and His earth, He would punish them without being unjust.”
Reflect with me, Dhulm is going beyond the limits, by increase or decrease, and Allah does not oppress anyone, and He does not punish anyone for the sin of another, and He does not decrease his reward. 
Allah says, “And your Lord is not oppressive to His servants.”
And He says, “Indeed Allah does not wrong anyone in the least bit.”
And He says, “We will place the Scales of Justice.”
Allah is beyond all shortcomings and negative qualities, Allah the Creator of all creation and their actions, “And Allah created you and what you do.”  Yet Allah is not described by His creation or their actions.  If I ate, and Allah created this action in me, we do not say that Allah eats.  This is a very fine point, but it is a foundational point in the beliefs of the people of the Sunnah.

Allah is described by all perfect things, and He is exalted beyond all negative qualities, and actions.  Pay careful attention to this point, because it is very important.

“And nothing encompasses Him.”
“And there is nothing like Him.”

Allah forbade oppression upon Himself, in honor of His creation.

And the scholars also said Dhulm is, in addition to going beyond the limits, using the property of others without right.  And this is impossible for Allah, for He does not use the property of others, for all of the heavens and the earth belong to Him.

So this is forbidden for Allah, and Allah does not oppress anyone, and multiplies good deeds, and changes bad deeds into good deeds with repentance.

“O My servants, I have made oppression forbidden on myself, so do not oppress others.”  Allah forbids his servants from harming one another, for oppression is darknesses on the Day of Judgment, as the Prophet pbuh said.

To my beloved brothers whom Allah has given authority and power on the earth, by Allah I advise you with humbleness, and I don’t accuse you, but I say, my brother, from my sincere advice to you, is to beware of oppression, for oppression will be darknesses on the day of Judgment.  As Allah says:

12. On the Day you shall see the believing men and the believing women their light running forward before them and by their right hands. Glad tidings for you this Day! Gardens under which rivers flow (Paradise), to dwell therein forever! Truly, this is the great success!  --Surah Hadid

But the oppressors will be surrounded by darkness.  My brother, who has fallen into oppressing others, beware for oppression will be regrets for you, and the oppressed will pray against you, and they will not sleep at night calling Allah against you.

The Prophet said to Muadh when he sent him to Yemen, “Beware of the prayer of an oppressed person, for nothing blocks between it and Allah.”
And oppression is of two types, against one’s own self, and against others.  The oppression against one’s own soul is the ugliest, it is making Shirk with Allah, and Allah says in the words of Luqman, “Indeed Shirk is the greatest oppression.”  Yet do not think that a small sin is insignificant, for a mountain is made up of small pebbles.

And oppression against others, the weak, non-Muslims, the oppression of man to fellow man, yes oppression is oppression even if it is against a Kaafir or a disbeliever.  Allah says:
يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آَمَنُوا كُونُوا قَوَّامِينَ لِلَّهِ شُهَدَاءَ بِالْقِسْطِ وَلَا يَجْرِمَنَّكُمْ شَنَآَنُ قَوْمٍ عَلَى أَلَّا تَعْدِلُوا اعْدِلُوا هُوَ أَقْرَبُ لِلتَّقْوَى وَاتَّقُوا اللَّهَ إِنَّ اللَّهَ خَبِيرٌ بِمَا تَعْمَلُونَ [المائدة/8]
8. O you who believe! Stand out firmly for Allâh and be just witnesses and let not the enmity and hatred of others make you avoid justice. Be just: that is nearer to piety, and fear Allâh. Verily, Allâh is Well ¬Acquainted with what you do.

Do not oppress others thinking it is ok since they are not Muslim.  For Allah will give success to a just nation even if it is not Muslim, and He will cause the downfall of a unjust nation, even if it is Muslim.

Muawiyyah said, “By Allah I am most afraid of oppressing someone whose only helper will be Allah on the Day of Judgment.”  Yes, that weak person, the poor, that you oppressed, do you think you can stand in front of that person when Allah will be on his side?  And know that oppression will bring its fruit in this world, before the afterlife.

The Prophet pbuh said, “There are two things which Allah will speed their punishment in this world before the next: Oppression and harshness to one’s parents.  Beware, Allah may delay a punishment, but He will never neglect it.

Allah Most High says:
وَكَذَلِكَ أَخْذُ رَبِّكَ إِذَا أَخَذَ الْقُرَى وَهِيَ ظَالِمَةٌ إِنَّ أَخْذَهُ أَلِيمٌ شَدِيدٌ [هود/102]
102. Such is the Seizure of your Lord when He seizes the (population of) towns while they are doing wrong. Verily, His Seizure is painful, and severe.

And Allah Most High says:
“Did you not see how your Lord dealt with the people of Aad?”
What was their end? “Allah destroyed them totally.”

Did you not read the words of Allah?:

1.   The Reality (i.e. the Day of Resurrection)!
2.   What is the Reality?
3.   And what will make you know what the Reality is?
4.   Thamûd and 'Ad people denied the Qâri'ah [the striking Hour (of Judgement)]!
5.   As for Thamûd, they were destroyed by the awful cry!
6.   And as for 'Ad, they were destroyed by a furious violent wind;
7.    Which Allâh imposed on them for seven nights and eight days in succession, so that you could see men lying overthrown (destroyed), as if they were hollow trunks of date-palms!
8.    Do you see any remnants of them?

Did you not read the words of Allah?:

“Did you not see how your Lord dealt with the People of the Elephant?”

Where are the oppressors?  Where is Pharaoh, Hamman, Qarun, the people of Thamud and Aad, where are the people of Lut, where is Abu Lahab, and Abu Jahl, where are those who used to oppress the Prophet pbuh?

Listen to this hadith narrated in Ibn Hibban:

قَالَ لَمَّا رَجَعَتْ إِلَى رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ مُهَاجِرَةُ الْبَحْرِ قَالَ أَلَا تُحَدِّثُونِي بِأَعَاجِيبِ مَا رَأَيْتُمْ بِأَرْضِ الْحَبَشَةِ قَالَ فِتْيَةٌ مِنْهُمْ بَلَى يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ بَيْنَا نَحْنُ جُلُوسٌ مَرَّتْ بِنَا عَجُوزٌ مِنْ عَجَائِزِ رَهَابِينِهِمْ تَحْمِلُ عَلَى رَأْسِهَا قُلَّةً مِنْ مَاءٍ فَمَرَّتْ بِفَتًى مِنْهُمْ فَجَعَلَ إِحْدَى يَدَيْهِ بَيْنَ كَتِفَيْهَا ثُمَّ دَفَعَهَا فَخَرَّتْ عَلَى رُكْبَتَيْهَا فَانْكَسَرَتْ قُلَّتُهَا فَلَمَّا ارْتَفَعَتْ الْتَفَتَتْ إِلَيْهِ فَقَالَتْ سَوْفَ تَعْلَمُ يَا غُدَرُ إِذَا وَضَعَ اللَّهُ الْكُرْسِيَّ وَجَمَعَ الْأَوَّلِينَ وَالْآخِرِينَ وَتَكَلَّمَتْ الْأَيْدِي وَالْأَرْجُلُ بِمَا كَانُوا يَكْسِبُونَ فَسَوْفَ تَعْلَمُ كَيْفَ أَمْرِي وَأَمْرُكَ عِنْدَهُ غَدًا قَالَ يَقُولُ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ صَدَقَتْ صَدَقَتْ كَيْفَ يُقَدِّسُ اللَّهُ أُمَّةً لَا يُؤْخَذُ لِضَعِيفِهِمْ مِنْ شَدِيدِهِمْ

“When those who made pilgrimage to Ethiopia returned to the Prophet pbuh, he said to them:  “Will you not tell me about the interesting things that you say in Ethiopia?”  A girl from amongst them said: “Yes oh Messenger of Allah, once while we were sitting an old religious woman walked past us, while carrying a jug of water on her head.  She past a young man, who pushed her between her shoulder blades, and she fell on to her knees, and the jug shattered.  When she stood up, she said to the man:  “You will know one day when Allah places His Throne, and the early and latter people will all be gathered, and the hands and feet will speak about what they used to do, you will know what is your and my affair with Allah tomorrow. “

The Prophet then said, “True, true indeed is what she said!  How can Allah purify a nation that does not take (the rights) of their weak from the powerful?”

You will be called on the day of Judgment, “where is so and so, the son of so and so, and your heart will tremble, and you will be dragged to stand in front of Allah, and the people will come forward and say, “He oppressed me, he slandered me, he took from me, he wronged me.”

All these people will take their rights; they will take your good deeds.  If your good deeds run out, you will take on their bad deeds.

Where is your prayer, fasting, hajj?   It is gone, it is all gone!  Because you oppressed others.

By Allah, no one will benefit you.  So attach your heart to Allah, and know that the hearts of those whom you fear are in the hand of Allah.

I will close this chapter with a letter that was printed in the al-Ahram newspaper recently.  It was written by a woman.  She and her husband used to have a female maid working for them, and she was honest and loyal, and strived to fulfill her duties, but the woman said that her husband used to oppress the maid, and punish her, and they would only give her the leftover food to eat.
This girl was the daughter of a poor farmer, and she would only make a few dollars a month.  After some time, the girl lost her vision, due to the abuse and hardship she suffered.  What did they do?  The kicked her out. 

The woman continued, saying, “Sometime later, our son got married, and we were filled with joy.  After some time, they had a baby girl, and she was born blind.  Suddenly, all our happiness turned to misery and sadness.”

They consulted with doctors who studied the family histories, and they said it would be impossible for them to have another blind child.  So they hastened to have another child.  After some time, the baby was born.  They were filled with joy.  But after a few months, they would see the child staring at corner, or staring into the distance.  They brought him to a doctor.  They found out that he, too, was blind.

The woman continued, saying, “After this, I became very sick, and went to a mental hospital, and my son and his wife also became sick, and after time, we lost all sense of joy.  And I remembered that poor girl, and I went out to find her, and I asked in the streets, and in homes, until I found her.  She did not have hatred and spite against us, and I brought her to our home, and begged her forgiveness, and she forgave us.  I continue to honor her and her family to this very day.”

Be careful, oppression is darknesses on the Day of Judgment, and don’t be fooled by the delay of punishment.  Do not despise, or abuse, or take wealth unlawfully.

“O My servants, I have forbidden oppression on myself, so do not oppress one another.”

And we will continue with this hadith next time, inshallah.

Asalamualaikum wrt wb.

Be merciful to those on earth, and the One in the Heavens will be merciful to you.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: