Madinat al-Muslimeen Community -  Men who know cooking Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Apr 20, 2014 06:50 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: This is how the world ends, not with a bang, but a day of judgement.

+  Madinat al-Muslimeen Community
|-+  Sis/Bros
| |-+  The Brother's Club Hangout
| | |-+  Men who know cooking
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Men who know cooking  (Read 8765 times)
Hard2Hit
Bro

Reps: 159

Taubah

« on: Sep 04, 2009 11:56 AM »

Salaams,

My first cooking experience was when I was with TJ on a 3 day retreat. I cooked "aalu gosht" / "aalu chooza" / chicken curry with potatoes.

Lately i've tried few new recipes that totally swept my aunties, ammi and sis off their feet. So far I've prepared

2. Biryani (Using national biryani masala and K&N's chicken drumsticks)

3. Sweet and Sour Chicken (With white rice, using Knor's masala and recipe)

4. Chinese Chicken Chilli (With pathooray, using Knor's masala and recipe)
The pathoras were made by my sis. I was the chief chef while wifey assisted me throughout.

They say that men make better chefs than women, probably because we do it for fun, while women cook considering it a duty.

What have other men prepared apart from boiled eggs and tea? Inspire me... Wink

I'll post more as I prepare more cuisine. Next i'm targeting beef steak with mix vegetable marinated in white sauce, served with mustard and BBQ sauce. (With apologies to the readers who are fasting)

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
Hard2Hit
Bro

Taubah

« Reply #1 on: Sep 04, 2009 09:00 PM »

Hard2Hit said I'll post more as I prepare more cuisine. Next i'm targeting beef steak with mix vegetable marinated in white sauce, served with mustard and BBQ sauce. (With apologies to the readers who are fasting)

Wifey and I just finished this... Garnishing done by yours truly. I'm just a beginner though, so no booing.

Thats my recipe Smiley

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
Suleyman
Bro

Reps: 8

« Reply #2 on: Sep 04, 2009 10:13 PM »

Hard2Hit said I'll post more as I prepare more cuisine. Next i'm targeting beef steak with mix vegetable marinated in white sauce, served with mustard and BBQ sauce. (With apologies to the readers who are fasting)

Wifey and I just finished this... Garnishing done by yours truly. I'm just a beginner though, so no booing.

Thats my recipe Smiley

Selam'un aleykum,

Ramadan Mubarek to all,

It seems quite delicious but what will happen if will say "let's go to dinner i feel so hungry" while just ate this recipe...may be you should fill the plate more...wa salaam....

Sincerely yours,

Suleyman Goksel SOYLU,
Hard2Hit
Bro

Taubah

« Reply #3 on: Sep 05, 2009 03:05 PM »

Salaams,

It wasn't the main course. FWIW, wifey loved it Smiley

Hard2Hit
Bro

Taubah

« Reply #4 on: Sep 09, 2009 04:42 AM »

Salams,

This is what I prepared night before the last, from slaying the vegs to serving the platter. My back hurt!

Oh and meet my new friends, toka and churi Wink

Rice were done by my sis though, as it was getting a bit difficult for me to watch the 4 burners at a time

Pics...

Hard2Hit
Bro

Taubah

« Reply #5 on: Sep 16, 2009 10:03 PM »

Few days back I prepared Butter Chicken for Suhoor. It didn't look all that great but taste was excellent. Its a simply recipe that anyone can easily prepare.

1: Marinate 1 KG chicken in lemon juice (4 tea spoons) and any masala combination to your taste* (use water). Leave it there for some time.

2: Take half KG finely cut (in length) tomatoes, chop out seeds, and boil tomatoes for 10 mins in 3 cups of water.

3: When you are done with boiling the tomatoes, put them off the burner and separate the pulp from the juice (keep the juice handy). Sieve (sp?) the pulp to do away the skin (throw that away). Now keep the pulp and juice for later use.

4: Stir-fry the marinated chicken in 1/4 cup oil. Keep tossing and turning it every two minutes. Keep doing it for 10 minutes or so, or till the chicken is almost done.

5: Now pour in the tomato juice and puree (sp?)/pulp in fried chicken. And add half cup of milk too. while stirring. Now put the lid on and let it cook for 10 minutes or so on low burner. Then take the lid off (watch out for the steam!!) and see if the curry is thick or not, if there is still more water in it than desired, put the burner on high and cook the heebie jeebies out of the wok/fry-pan/handi... 5 minutes would be enough to thicken the curry.

6: Now add 1/4 cup of cream, while stirring. And right after that 1/4 cup of butter... and take off from the burner right away.

Its ready to serve! Smiley ... Thats how my dish looked like (not the actual pic)

PS: *... for the masalas to marinate chicken, you can take salt (2 tablespoons), red chilli (half tablespoon),  turmeric powder (1 tablespoon) and other stuff to taste. Or "Shan Butter Chicken Masala" if you dont want to bother too much about 10 different spices Wink

tq
Sis

Reps: 189

« Reply #6 on: Sep 17, 2009 01:44 PM »

Assalamo elikuim
This looks good. I might try this after ramadan

Wasalam
tq
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reps: 519

« Reply #7 on: Oct 20, 2009 09:51 PM »

Wow ma'sha'allah Bro H2H, that looks gooooooooooooooooooooooooood. Almost as good as my chicken curry! hahahaha joking! What a lucky wifey!  Smiley

desibro
BABA

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
Hard2Hit
Bro

Taubah

« Reply #8 on: Nov 29, 2009 06:36 PM »

Salaams,

Thanks for the words of appreciation. This Eid i've lots of meat at my disposal, therefore I planned to prepare new stuff.

Tonight I prepared Boneless Beef Achari (Pickle?) Handi. My aunts said it was finger licking good (I'll take their word for it Wink )

Currently i've put "Nihari" on low burner (It takes 4-5 hours to simmer down). We'll have it for breakfast  Kiss  bebzi

Man, I love (National/Shan/Knor et al) Masalas!!!

Hard2Hit
Bro

Taubah

« Reply #9 on: Dec 02, 2009 12:36 AM »

Salaams,

I posted a short video of my 'Nihari' on FB. Link:

Here is a snapshot ...

Fozia
Sis

Reps: 1245

« Reply #10 on: Dec 02, 2009 09:41 AM »

salam

Well done you.

you're turning into quite hte chef non?

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Hard2Hit
Bro

Taubah

« Reply #11 on: Dec 02, 2009 12:30 PM »

Thank you, thank you... Actually the presentation looked messy, therefore I didn't post that pic.

But it was so tasty mA that around 15 k.g went down everyone's throat in just one day. My aunties took some to their places for the second round as well =)

Heck, i'll post the other pic anyways... afterall, it took 8 hours to prepare!!

That is fried onion, ginger and green chilli (the traditional way... not for everyone of course)

Hard2Hit
Bro

Taubah

« Reply #12 on: Dec 13, 2009 12:18 AM »

Salaams,

And baking... (these two were done in parallel)

Video:

WCoastbaba
Bro

Reps: 519

« Reply #13 on: Dec 16, 2009 11:02 PM »

Man, I love (National/Shan/Knor et al) Masalas!!!

I'll second that! hehe

Wow, those cakes look delicious bro!

desibro
BABA

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
jannah
Administrator

Reps: 2778

I heart the Madina

« Reply #14 on: Dec 17, 2009 05:05 AM »

Cooking doesn't impress me... but baking!! now that's another story. good job bro  shaykh shaykh thumbs up from the two shaikhs

and I'm waiting for my piece!! hungry
friendlyandgeeky

Reps: 0

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2011 04:41 AM »

I know how to cook, as at home I have to cook quite often. But sadly I don't have any pictures to share

Learn Arabic online at www.learn-how-to-speak-arabic.com, if you want the very best course teaching how to learn Arabic.
maryamarub
Sis

Reps: 53

VERILY ALLAH IS WITH THOSE WHO ARE PATIENT

« Reply #16 on: Mar 05, 2012 02:13 PM »

my hubby prepared this  smileysis
lucid
Bro

Reps: 156

« Reply #17 on: Mar 06, 2012 05:15 PM »

why do you need to cook when pizza hut exists?

dude, i could live on pizza for the rest of my life.

and hey, why would you want to cook when microwaves exist?

you can cook anything in a microwave -- ramen, macaroni, warm up pizza and last night's double cheeseburger which you didn't finish.

peace
Sis

Reps: 214

« Reply #18 on: Mar 09, 2012 03:26 PM »

why do you need to cook when pizza hut exists?

dude, i could live on pizza for the rest of my life.

and hey, why would you want to cook when microwaves exist?

you can cook anything in a microwave -- ramen, macaroni, warm up pizza and last night's double cheeseburger which you didn't finish.

this theory could cause grave unemployment in non-pizza skilled sector!
lucid
Bro

Reps: 156

« Reply #19 on: Mar 22, 2012 12:21 AM »

In my first couple years at University we used to do stuff like use old mayonnaise jars as glasses. My parents came to visit once and they kindof went ballistic when I told them I didn't exactly own cutlery or like a plate.  I mean what's the point of cooking?  It's boring, it takes too long, and if you cook you end up eating like a horse, because well....nobody else is gonna eat your food, so you gotta finish it yourself.

lol

Anyhow, I'm just waiting for fajr...and am ecstatic about arsenal winning, chelsea losing, and tottenham drawing, and liverpool falling off the toilet in the last 13 minutes....

lol^{N, where N >> 1}
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Madinat al-Muslimeen Community - Men who know cooking

Nostalgia racing theme by © Mustang forum. Powered by SMF 1.1.18 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines