Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: “Ya Ibâdî, Seek My Forgiveness, and I will Forgive You”  (Read 537 times)
Abdurahman
Bro

Reps: 44

Oh Allah, Guide us to the Straight Path.

« on: Sep 05, 2009 08:48 PM »

Bismillah

September 6th, 2009

Mishkaat al-Anwaar or Lanterns of Light
“Ya Ibâdî, Seek My Forgiveness, and I will Forgive You”
Shaykh Muhammad Hassan

Asalamualaikum wrt wb,

Oh Allah Most High, all praise be to You, You are the Light of the heavens and the earth and whatever is in them, and praise be to You, for You cause all things to exist, and You are the King of the Universe and whatever is in it, and You are Truth, and Your Promise is True, and Paradise is True, and Hellfire is True, and the Hour is True, and the Prophet is True.

Oh Allah Most High, I have submitted to you, I believe in You, I seek Your Forgiveness, and I trust in You, and seek Your guidance, and I seek Your rulings, please forgive me for what has gone by in my life, and what I will do in the future, for there is no god but You.

Allah, the name for which the heavens and earth were created, and name by whose mention mercy descends from the heavens, and those who

I bear witness that there is no God but Allah Most High, Who is Know by all perfect qualities and characteristics, Who is beyond all examples, the Living that does not die, the Cause of all events, and the actions of the Day reach Him before the Night, and the actions of the night reach Him before the Day, and the One who does not sleep.

His veil is Light, and if it were lifted the face of the onlooker would be set ablaze (by its Glory).  His words are truth and just, and His essence is beyond comparison.  His mercy encompasses all of creation with beauty, and to Him is all praise and dominion.

He did not create the heavens and the earth and what is between them in falsehood, nor did he leave mankind in chaos, wandering about without purpose.  (Allah Most High says:  “Do you think that you created in vain and that you will not return to Him?”) But rather, He commanded them to worship Him, and affirm His Oneness, and He showed them His signs and blessings in order that they might know Him, and to love Him, and those who accept He is pleased with them, and those who turn away He calls out to them.

As Allah Most High says:

قُلْ يَا عِبَادِيَ الَّذِينَ أَسْرَفُوا عَلَى أَنْفُسِهِمْ لَا تَقْنَطُوا مِنْ رَحْمَةِ اللَّهِ إِنَّ اللَّهَ يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ جَمِيعًا إِنَّهُ هُوَ الْغَفُورُ الرَّحِيمُ [الزمر/53]

53. Say: "O 'Ibâdî (My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allâh, verily Allâh forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.”

And I bear witness that Muhammad is Allah’s slave and Messenger, a bearer of glad tidings and a warner, the Shining Bright Lantern (of guidance), the one who raised hardships from the people, and the one whom Allah Most High sent with guidance before the Hour with good news and a warning.  He sealed the line of Prophethood with him, and taught the ignorant, and guided the lost, and opened blind eyes, and deaf ears, and sealed hearts, and who left us on a clear manifest guidance, its night like its day, and none deviates from it save finds himself in perdition.  Oh Allah, as we have believed in him, let us join him at the Hawd (pool of cool water on the Day of Judgment).
Oh Allah Most High, send peace upon him, his family, and companions, and those who follow in his footsteps until the Day of Judgment.

Welcome to you all, brothers and sisters, you have done well, may Allah enlighten your faces, and you have prepared for yourselves a place in Paradise, and your efforts have been blessed.  I ask Allah Most High who joined us during this blessed hour, in His obedience, to join us in the Afterlife with the best of Messengers, in the Gardens of Paradise.

My beloved, “Mishkaat al Anwaar”, or “Lanterns of Light”:  a series in Imaan and Hope, about Ahadith Qudsi, narrations that the best of creation our beloved Prophet pbuh relates on the authority of Allah Most High, to renew our Iman, and purify our character, and take our hearts into the Shade of His Majestic Throne, for hearts wander, either in the heavens, or in the base earth, and to raise our aspirations and hopes, and fill our spirits with the light of taqwa, and cure the sickness of heedlessness by smelling the musk of divine guidance, in the hope that we may taste proximity with Allah Most High, and what is more happy than a life with Allah Most High, and what is more pure and beautiful than the taste of Divine intimacy, for one who experiences is not like one who only hears, and no one knows the pain of a thorn save one who touches is it.

Oh my Lord, Master, and Owner, the Kings have shut their doors, but Your Door is open to every supplicant, beggar, and sinner, it is open to those who have shortcomings, my Lord, my Master, the celestial bodies have gone, and the eyes have closed (in sleep) yet you are the Ever Living, the Eternal, Who never sleeps.

Oh Allah Most High, others have gone to bed, to be with their beloved, but we have come to you, we are here raising our hands in the air calling on You, and our hearts are open before you, we place our foreheads on the ground in humble submission to You, in order that You may be pleased with us, we are the people of Your worship, of Your love, and yes, we are people of sin, but we never despair of Your Mercy, oh Allah Most High, we have committed mistakes, but we do not despair of Your Mercy, but we flee to You.  We need you.  What has deluded the others from Your Countenance?  Whoever seeks your forgiveness, You Love Him.  And he who doesn’t, You Cure him through tests and tribulations.

But You do not need us, yet if I seek Your forgiveness, You forgive, and if I make mistakes, You accept me, and if I turn away, You call to me, and if I come towards you, You come close to me, and if I love You, You make me your Wali, Your close friend, and if I do good You reward me, and if I am sincere, You have intimate speech with me, oh Allah Most High, You are the most Merciful, so forgive me, and turn my sadness away.

Oh the One whom the fearful flee too, and the One Whom those who trust place their trust in, and those who ask You, You give them, my Lord, My Master, My Owner:

I cried out to You, while I wore a robe of poverty,
Raising my hands towards You, shaking humbly,
So please do not let them return to me empty,
For boundless indeed is Your bounty and Your generosity.

My beloved in Allah, come with me tonight, as we continue reflecting with humbleness and awe on this Mihrab of Nur, this shimmer of light, that we continue to study, that is narrated on Allah most High.

Narrated by Imam Muslim and Tirmidhi and others, that Abu Dhar reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying that:
عَنْ النَّبِيِّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ فِيمَا رَوَى عَنْ اللَّهِ تَبَارَكَ وَتَعَالَى أَنَّهُ قَالَ يَا عِبَادِي إِنِّي حَرَّمْتُ الظُّلْمَ عَلَى نَفْسِي وَجَعَلْتُهُ بَيْنَكُمْ مُحَرَّمًا فَلَا تَظَالَمُوا يَا عِبَادِي كُلُّكُمْ ضَالٌّ إِلَّا مَنْ هَدَيْتُهُ فَاسْتَهْدُونِي أَهْدِكُمْ يَا عِبَادِي كُلُّكُمْ جَائِعٌ إِلَّا مَنْ أَطْعَمْتُهُ فَاسْتَطْعِمُونِي أُطْعِمْكُمْ يَا عِبَادِي كُلُّكُمْ عَارٍ إِلَّا مَنْ كَسَوْتُهُ فَاسْتَكْسُونِي أَكْسُكُمْ يَا عِبَادِي إِنَّكُمْ تُخْطِئُونَ بِاللَّيْلِ وَالنَّهَارِ وَأَنَا أَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ جَمِيعًا فَاسْتَغْفِرُونِي أَغْفِرْ لَكُمْ يَا عِبَادِي إِنَّكُمْ لَنْ تَبْلُغُوا ضَرِّي فَتَضُرُّونِي وَلَنْ تَبْلُغُوا نَفْعِي فَتَنْفَعُونِي يَا عِبَادِي لَوْ أَنَّ أَوَّلَكُمْ وَآخِرَكُمْ وَإِنْسَكُمْ وَجِنَّكُمْ كَانُوا عَلَى أَتْقَى قَلْبِ رَجُلٍ وَاحِدٍ مِنْكُمْ مَا زَادَ ذَلِكَ فِي مُلْكِي شَيْئًا يَا عِبَادِي لَوْ أَنَّ أَوَّلَكُمْ وَآخِرَكُمْ وَإِنْسَكُمْ وَجِنَّكُمْ كَانُوا عَلَى أَفْجَرِ قَلْبِ رَجُلٍ وَاحِدٍ مَا نَقَصَ ذَلِكَ مِنْ مُلْكِي شَيْئًا يَا عِبَادِي لَوْ أَنَّ أَوَّلَكُمْ وَآخِرَكُمْ وَإِنْسَكُمْ وَجِنَّكُمْ قَامُوا فِي صَعِيدٍ وَاحِدٍ فَسَأَلُونِي فَأَعْطَيْتُ كُلَّ إِنْسَانٍ مَسْأَلَتَهُ مَا نَقَصَ ذَلِكَ مِمَّا عِنْدِي إِلَّا كَمَا يَنْقُصُ الْمِخْيَطُ إِذَا أُدْخِلَ الْبَحْرَ يَا عِبَادِي إِنَّمَا هِيَ أَعْمَالُكُمْ أُحْصِيهَا لَكُمْ ثُمَّ أُوَفِّيكُمْ إِيَّاهَا فَمَنْ وَجَدَ خَيْرًا فَلْيَحْمَدْ اللَّهَ وَمَنْ وَجَدَ غَيْرَ ذَلِكَ فَلَا يَلُومَنَّ إِلَّا نَفْسَهُ

Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, said:
“O My servants, I have made oppression unlawful for Me and unlawful for you, so do not commit oppression against one another.
O My servants, all of you are liable to err except one whom I guide on the right path, so seek right guidance from Me so that I should direct you to the right path.
O My servants, all of you are hungry (needy) except one whom I feed, so beg food from Me, so that I may give that to you.
O My servants, all of you are naked (need clothes) except one whom I provide garments, so beg clothes from Me, so that I should clothe you.
O My servants, you commit error night and day and I am there to pardon your sins, so beg pardon from Me so that I should grant you pardon.
O My servants, you can neither do Me any harm nor can you do Me any good.
O My servants, even if the first amongst you and the last amongst you and even the whole of human race of yours, and that of jinns even, become (equal in) God-conscious like the heart of a single person amongst you, nothing would add to My Power.
O My servants, even if the first amongst you and the last amongst you and the whole human race of yours and that of the jinns too in unison become the most wicked (all beating) like the heart of a single person, it would cause no loss to My Power.
O My servants, even if the first amongst you and the last amongst you and the whole human race of yours and that of jinns also all stand in one plain ground and you ask Me and I confer upon every person what he asks for, it would not in any way cause any loss to Me (even less) than that which is caused to the ocean by dipping the needle in it.
O My servants, I am recording these actions of yours, and I shall reward you for them, so he who finds his deeds good should praise Allah and he who does not find that should not blame anyone but his own self.””

Come with me to live this night with these callings from Allah.  We spoke last time about how Allah mentioned he granted us guidance, and food, and clothing, and after He clarified that He deserves praise for this, Allah then explains that He provides these things not because He is in need of His Creation, or He desires something from them, and not out of fear or hope from them, no He is independent.  You make sins and so many wrongs, that Allah covers, Allah is merciful, compassionate, loving, forgiving, forbearing, and He doesn’t speed the punishment on anyone, in order to give time to repent.

And we sin day and night, and Allah is the Avenger of wrongs, yet look at what Allah says: “O My servants, you commit error night and day and I pardon your sins, so beg pardon from Me so that I should grant you pardon.”  He doesn’t say, “You commit sins, and I avenge wrongs.”

By Allah, if Allah took as to account, there would not be a single beast left on earth.

وَرَبُّكَ الْغَفُورُ ذُو الرَّحْمَةِ لَوْ يُؤَاخِذُهُمْ بِمَا كَسَبُوا لَعَجَّلَ لَهُمُ الْعَذَابَ بَلْ لَهُمْ مَوْعِدٌ لَنْ يَجِدُوا مِنْ دُونِهِ مَوْئِلًا [الكهف/58]
58. And your Lord is Most Forgiving, Owner of Mercy. Were He to call them to account for what they have earned, then surely, He would have hastened their punishment. But they have their appointed time, beyond which they will find no escape.

And Allah said,
وَلَوْ يُؤَاخِذُ اللَّهُ النَّاسَ بِظُلْمِهِمْ مَا تَرَكَ عَلَيْهَا مِنْ دَابَّةٍ وَلَكِنْ يُؤَخِّرُهُمْ إِلَى أَجَلٍ مُسَمًّى فَإِذَا جَاءَ أَجَلُهُمْ لَا يَسْتَأْخِرُونَ سَاعَةً وَلَا يَسْتَقْدِمُونَ [النحل/61]
61. And if Allâh were to seize mankind for their wrong-doing, He would not leave on it (the earth) a single moving (living) creature, but He postpones them for an appointed term and when their term comes, neither can they delay nor can they advance it an hour (or a moment).

“Ya Ibâdî, you make sins day and night, and I forgive all sins, so seek my forgiveness, and I will forgive you.”

If Allah punished us for all our sins, life would end, and if it weren’t for Allah’s forgiveness we would be lost, and if it wasn’t for Allah’s cover, we would be exposed, because of the evil of sin.  We all sin, and all the children of Adam make mistakes, but the best of them are the ones who seek forgiveness.

Yusuf alaihi asalam said,
وَمَا أُبَرِّئُ نَفْسِي إِنَّ النَّفْسَ لَأَمَّارَةٌ بِالسُّوءِ إِلَّا مَا رَحِمَ رَبِّي إِنَّ رَبِّي غَفُورٌ رَحِيمٌ [يوسف/53]
53. "And I free not myself (from the blame). Verily, the (human) self is inclined to evil, except when my Lord bestows His Mercy (upon whom He wills). Verily, my Lord is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."

Sins and wrongdoing are bad omens on people in this world and the next.  And for sins, Allah punishes, and no harm befalls those on earth except for sin, and it is not lifted except by tawbah and repentance.
The Prophet pbuh said, as narrated by Ibn Majah:

خَمْسٌ إِذَا ابْتُلِيتُمْ بِهِنَّ وَأَعُوذُ بِاللَّهِ أَنْ تُدْرِكُوهُنَّ لَمْ تَظْهَرْ الْفَاحِشَةُ فِي قَوْمٍ قَطُّ حَتَّى يُعْلِنُوا بِهَا إِلَّا فَشَا فِيهِمْ الطَّاعُونُ وَالْأَوْجَاعُ الَّتِي لَمْ تَكُنْ مَضَتْ فِي أَسْلَافِهِمْ الَّذِينَ مَضَوْا وَلَمْ يَنْقُصُوا الْمِكْيَالَ وَالْمِيزَانَ إِلَّا أُخِذُوا بِالسِّنِينَ وَشِدَّةِ الْمَئُونَةِ وَجَوْرِ السُّلْطَانِ عَلَيْهِمْ وَلَمْ يَمْنَعُوا زَكَاةَ أَمْوَالِهِمْ إِلَّا مُنِعُوا الْقَطْرَ مِنْ السَّمَاءِ وَلَوْلَا الْبَهَائِمُ لَمْ يُمْطَرُوا وَلَمْ يَنْقُضُوا عَهْدَ اللَّهِ وَعَهْدَ رَسُولِهِ إِلَّا سَلَّطَ اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِمْ عَدُوًّا مِنْ غَيْرِهِمْ فَأَخَذُوا بَعْضَ مَا فِي أَيْدِيهِمْ وَمَا لَمْ تَحْكُمْ أَئِمَّتُهُمْ بِكِتَابِ اللَّهِ وَيَتَخَيَّرُوا مِمَّا أَنْزَلَ اللَّهُ إِلَّا جَعَلَ اللَّهُ بَأْسَهُمْ بَيْنَهُمْ
“Five things if you are afflicted by them, and I seek Allah’s refuge from them reaching you:
1.)    Lewdness never spread amongst a people openly except that diseases and plagues and famines will afflict them that never existed amongst those before them.”
Our previous generations never heard of AIDS, or bird flu, or pig flu, or any of these diseases that threaten the earth.
2.)   “And they did not shortchange people in measures and scales except they became impoverished and oppressed by the rulers.
3.)   And they did not refuse to pay the Zakat except that the skies stopped raining, and if it weren’t for the wild beasts it would rain at all.
4.)   And they didn’t leave enjoining the religion of Allah and the Messenger except that Allah empowered foreign enemies over them, and the usurped their wealth.
5.)   And their leaders did not leave ruling by the Book of Allah, by picking and choosing what they like from the revelation, except that Allah placed hatred amongst them against one another.”

Lewdness does not spread amongst people except that Allah spreads disease amongst them, and Allah would prevent water from the sky if it weren’t for the beasts, and their enemies will gain power over them.  And those who don’t rule by Allah fight amongst each other.

My beloved in Allah, good deeds place light on the face, and expansion in the chest, and peace in the soul, and fill the hearts with love.  But sins are darkness on the face, constriction in the chest, and turbulence in the soul, and fill the heart with sorrow, and one’s provision will be restrained.

And because of sins a person might lose knowledge and provision, and memorizing the Quran and hadith, and standing for prayer in the night.  Because of sin a person might start rebelling against Allah in secret, then in public, because one sin leads to another.

And from the blessing of good deeds is that one good deed leads to another.  By Allah, if Allah closed the door of repentance, we would be lost in this world and the next, and the danger of sin is that hardship and tribulations fall on humanity because of sin.

By Allah, no rock falls from a mountain save that it was in heedlessness of Allah, as the predecessors said.  Do you think that a rock does not glorify Allah?  Allah Most Glorious says, “All things in the Heavens and the Earth glorify Allah, but you do not understand their glorification.”

And the worst disgrace is that one’s base self will gain control over him, and by Allah if Allah left us to our power and wealth and position, we would be destroyed.  We are intrinsically poor without Allah.  And Allah is intrinsically rich, for Allah does not need creation, but we need Him at every moment.

Abdullah ibn Mubarak said, “I saw that sin kills the heart, and addiction to a sin will lead to humiliation, and leaving sins is life of the heart.  Do not belittle even a minor sin, for a mountain is made from grains of sand.”
If Allah causes you humiliation, then who can honor you?  What destroyed Iblees?  Sin.  And Pharaoh, and Haman, and Aad, and the people of Lut.

“Oh My servants, you sin day and night.”  And despite this, He calls us His Servants!  Oh Allah, we sin day and night, and you call us your servants!  Who would treat his child, or slave, like that?

Can you imagine hiring a worker and paying him and feeding him day and night, only to find that he betrayed you, and gives your profit to someone else?  Would you be happy with him?  Imagine your child, whom you feed day and night, cursing you.  Would you accept that?

Yet the Prophet Yahya said:  “I command you to worship Allah and not to make Shirk with Him, and one who makes Shirk with Allah is like a hired worker who betrays his employer.  I am humiliated to Allah, by Allah I am poor, oh Allah, if You did not turn to me in forgiveness, where would I be?
Ya Allah, look at those who watch explicit films, even in Ramadan, or take another’s wealth, or fornicate and practice Zinaa, or take Ribaa, yet You say, “Ya Ibâdî.”   Oh you who sin day in night, you are the servants of Allah.
Allah is able to destroy you during your sin, and take away your vision when you watch those films, or He could destroy the fornicator when he is with his partner in evil, but He doesn’t.

When someone drinks alcohol, He could change it to poisonous blood, but He doesn’t, because He did not say, “You sin day and night, and I am the avenger.”  No, he said, “I forgive all sins.”  Even Shirk?

Yes, even Shirk.  This is what our scholars said.  Shirk will be forgiven if the person seek forgiveness.  A murder, or fornicator, or person who practices homosexuality, or a person who stole, or took Ribaa, or hurt his neighbor, all those, if they seek repentance, Allah Most Merciful will forgive them.

Allah Most Gracious says, “Indeed Allah will not forgive those who associate partners with Him.”  This is a person who stuck to Shirk until he died.  But if he repents, perhaps Allah will change the sins to good deeds.

Allah Most Gracious says about the Servants of the Rahman,

وَالَّذِينَ لَا يَدْعُونَ مَعَ اللَّهِ إِلَهًا آَخَرَ وَلَا يَقْتُلُونَ النَّفْسَ الَّتِي حَرَّمَ اللَّهُ إِلَّا بِالْحَقِّ وَلَا يَزْنُونَ وَمَنْ يَفْعَلْ ذَلِكَ يَلْقَ أَثَامًا (68) يُضَاعَفْ لَهُ الْعَذَابُ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ وَيَخْلُدْ فِيهِ مُهَانًا (69) إِلَّا مَنْ تَابَ وَآَمَنَ وَعَمِلَ عَمَلًا صَالِحًا فَأُولَئِكَ يُبَدِّلُ اللَّهُ سَيِّئَاتِهِمْ حَسَنَاتٍ وَكَانَ اللَّهُ غَفُورًا رَحِيمًا  [الفرقان/68-70]

68. And those who invoke not any other ilâh (god) along with Allâh, nor kill such life as Allâh has forbidden, except for just cause, nor commit illegal sexual intercourse and whoever does this shall receive the punishment.
69. The torment will be doubled to him on the Day of Resurrection, and he will abide therein in disgrace;
70. Except those who repent and believe (in Islâmic Monotheism), and do righteous deeds, for those, Allâh will change their sins into good deeds, and Allâh is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
“I forgive all sins, so seek my forgiveness, I will forgive you.”  Oh sinner, don’t ever despair of Allah’s mercy!  Oh you who condemn people, and say this one is in Paradise, and this one is in the Fire!  Don’t say that people will never be forgiven.  Know that you live in a glass house, and you shouldn’t throw stones.  No matter how great the sin is, Allah’s forgiveness is greater.
Where will a wrongdoer flee to except to the Most Forgiving One.  One who fears a thing flees from it, yet one who fears Allah flees to Him.  The earth belongs to Allah, so to where can you flee?  It is all His dominion.

“And I forgive all sins, so seek my forgiveness.”  Yes, now is the time, run to Allah, the Doors of forgiveness are open!

What a loss if you read these words and you don’t repent.  Oh Regretful one, where is the proof of your regret, don’t you fear destruction, don’t you fear the fire, don’t you feel shy from the observation of Your Lord?  “Didn’t you feel shy from sinning against Me?”

What will you tell your Lord oh Sinner?  Allah has opened the door for you.  Now, Come now!  Yes now, do not procrastinate any longer, don’t put it off, for death comes suddenly, and you do not know how long you will live.  Do you know if Allah will give you life until you repent?

Oh you, who press the remote searching for evil channels, or browse the web for evil, know that Allah is with you.  Allah Most High is with you wherever you are, with His knowledge, Seeing, Power, and He has given you time, weeks, months, years, and here you are, and you don’t want to repent!

How long?   Until when?

There are those who think Allah is the least significant of those who stare at him.  If his mother or father walked in, or his brother or sister, he would turn the computer screen off.  Yet he knows Allah is watching, but he does not feel shy.
And then they might even do sins in the open.
The Prophet pbuh said in Bukhari and Muslim:
كُلُّ أُمَّتِي مُعَافًى إِلَّا الْمُجَاهِرِينَ وَإِنَّ مِنْ الْمُجَاهَرَةِ أَنْ يَعْمَلَ الرَّجُلُ بِاللَّيْلِ عَمَلًا ثُمَّ يُصْبِحَ وَقَدْ سَتَرَهُ اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ فَيَقُولَ يَا فُلَانُ عَمِلْتُ الْبَارِحَةَ كَذَا وَكَذَا وَقَدْ بَاتَ يَسْتُرُهُ رَبُّهُ وَيُصْبِحُ يَكْشِفُ سِتْرَ اللَّهِ عَنْهُ
“All my Ummah will be pardoned except those who expose their sins, and from exposing their sins is a person commit a sin at night, then in the morning after Allah had covered his sin, says to his comrades, last night I did such and such sin.  He went to slip and Allah had covered him, yet in the morning he removes Allah’s covering.”
Allah will not forgive such a person, unless he repents.  But if he comes to Allah, broken, and seeks His forgiveness, Allah will turn to him.

Listen to this beautiful delicate verse:
قُلْ يَا عِبَادِيَ الَّذِينَ أَسْرَفُوا عَلَى أَنْفُسِهِمْ لَا تَقْنَطُوا مِنْ رَحْمَةِ اللَّهِ إِنَّ اللَّهَ يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ جَمِيعًا إِنَّهُ هُوَ الْغَفُورُ الرَّحِيمُ [الزمر/53]
53. Say: "O 'Ibâdî (My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allâh, verily Allâh forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.”

And in Muslim the Prophet pbuh said, and I am amazed by this hadith, and if I was not sure it is absolutely authentic I would be wonderstruck.
وَالَّذِي نَفْسِي بِيَدِهِ لَوْ لَمْ تُذْنِبُوا لَذَهَبَ اللَّهُ بِكُمْ وَلَجَاءَ بِقَوْمٍ يُذْنِبُونَ فَيَسْتَغْفِرُونَ اللَّهَ فَيَغْفِرُ لَهُمْ
By the One in Whose Hand is my soul, if you did not sin, Allah would take you away, and bring another people who sin and seek Allah’s forgiveness, then Allah would forgive them.

This hadith opens to us the door of hope in Allah, not the door of sin.

And listen to this Hadith narrated in Bukhari:  The Prophet pbuh said,

سَمِعْتُ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ يَقُولُ إِنَّ اللَّهَ يُدْنِي الْمُؤْمِنَ فَيَضَعُ عَلَيْهِ كَنَفَهُ وَيَسْتُرُهُ فَيَقُولُ أَتَعْرِفُ ذَنْبَ كَذَا أَتَعْرِفُ ذَنْبَ كَذَا فَيَقُولُ نَعَمْ أَيْ رَبِّ حَتَّى إِذَا قَرَّرَهُ بِذُنُوبِهِ وَرَأَى فِي نَفْسِهِ أَنَّهُ هَلَكَ قَالَ سَتَرْتُهَا عَلَيْكَ فِي الدُّنْيَا وَأَنَا أَغْفِرُهَا لَكَ الْيَوْمَ

“Allah will bring a believer close to Him on the Day of Judgment, and Place His Kanaf (covering) over him, then say, ‘Do you remember this and that sin that you did?’  The believer will say, ‘Yes, my Lord.’ (and this will continue) until he will admit to all of his sins, and think that he will be doomed.  Allah (Most Gracious) will then say, ‘I Covered your sins in your worldly life, and today I Forgive you.’”
Allah’s Kanaf is a His covering and mercy.

The page will be in front of you, with all your actions recorded.  How many sins did you forget about, and Allah will show them all to you.  How much will you be in regret?  Allah will say, “Do you know this sin of yours?”  In a book, that will not be lost and nothing will be erased.

The believer will say, “Yes, I know I did this.”  And he will be broken and humble in front of Allah.  And Allah will say, “I covered you in the world, and I forgive you today.”

Do you think Allah would cover you in this world, only to expose you in the afterlife?  And in the afterlife, Allah will forgive.  This is the mercy, and kindness, and compassion of Allah Most Gracious.

By Allah, we are weak, my sister, my brother, if you slip, then turn to Allah, and cleanse your heart with the water of tears, and know that Allah will forgive your sins, and if your sin was big, Allah’s mercy is bigger.
In Muslim, the Prophet pbuh said, “O people repent to Allah and seek His forgiveness, for I seek His forgiveness more than 100 times a day.”  The Prophet pbuh seeks forgiveness more than 100 times in a day?!  Yes.  The Chosen Prophet says, ‘Oh Allah forgive me.’  Can you imagine this, my brother, my sister?  How many times?  In some narrations, 100 times in a single sitting.

How many times do I say it?  1000 times?  Not enough.   A million times?  Not enough, for the Prophet’s sins were all forgiven, yet he sought Allah’s forgiveness.  If I ask you, how many times do you seek Allah’s forgiveness in a day?  By Allah, brother, sister, how many?  Once or twice? 

And even after prayer, the Prophet pbuh sought forgiveness for shortcomings in the prayer.
“Hassanat al abraar siyaat al muqarabeen” “The good deeds of the righteous and sins for the ones close to Allah,” as Shaikh al Islam mentioned.  Even while the Prophet slept, his heart was awake.
The angels watched him, saying “inna al ayn naimatun wa al qalbu yaqdhaan,” his eyes are sleeping but his heart is awake.  How many times did I seek Allah’s forgiveness today?

Listen to the Prophet, as narrated by Ahmed:  “Man lazima al istighfaar ja’la Allah lahu min kulli ham faraja, min kulli deekin makhraja,” “Whoever is regular in seeking repentance, Allah will grant him relief from every worry, and an escape from every difficulty.”  This hadith was authenticated by Shaikh Ahmed Shakir.

Come sinner, like me, wrongdoer, like me, hasten to seek Allah’s forgiveness. I will explain repentance in full when we cover the Hadith Qudsi about Tawbah.  Most of the people do not know the conditions for Tawbah to accepted.

Seeking Allah’s forgiveness is not only on the tongue, while one sticks to the sin stubbornly.  If a person says, I seek Allah’s forgiveness for Ribaa (usury or interest), or backbiting, and continues in his sin, he is lying and not sincere in his repentance.  Whoever says, ‘I seek Allah’s forgiveness for fornication, yet he continues to chase girls or chat with them, astaghfirallah, this person is not sincere.
Do not go to Allah to seek praise from the people, or out of fear of them.  Some people seek forgiveness out of fear of being exposed or found out about in front of the people.  Someone might leave alcohol since he is afraid people will criticize him for his addiction.

So the first condition for sincere repentance is to stop the sin completely, and Allah cannot forgive you for a sin you are stubborn in committing.
The second condition is sadness and regret
The third is promise never to return to the sin again.
The fourth is for the repentance to be in the correct time, which is before the pangs of death, or before the sun rises from the West, this is the sign of the end of the world, and repentance will not benefit a person when this happens, whether for a small or big sin.

So hurry, Allah says, “Oh My servants, you sin day and night, and I forgive all signs, so seek my forgiveness, and I will forgive you.”

And I will close with this story that happened to me:
I was at an exhibition, and I visited a store when suddenly a man came running to me, and hugged me, and then he called me to have tea with him upstairs.  He wasn’t more than 33 years old.  We sat down, and then he started looking up at me while crying.
I asked him, what is wrong?
He said, “By Allah, the people were praying Taraweeh in Ramadan, and I used to commit Zinaa (fornication).  I used to have some of my workers bring a different girl to me each night.  And we made fun of the prayers, and scholars, maybe even you.
And one night, they brought a girl, and I didn’t like her, and I asked for another.  While I was waiting, I got alcohol ready on the table, and started flipping channels, looking for some indecent film.  But I came to a channel, and I saw you Shaykh Muhammad, and I said, this person looks so interesting, why is he wearing all white?  And I wanted to press the remote, but I couldn’t change it.   

I started to listen to what you were saying.  You were speaking about the danger of Zinaa, and its harms.  “I listened, and I threw down the remote, and I started crying, and it was as if you were in the room with me.  As if you saw me at that moment, and you were speaking directly to me.  And for the first time in my life, while I listened to you, and I tasted the sweetness of Faith.”
A darkened heart, when illuminated with a spark of truth, becomes filled with light and happiness, and expansion.  His chest expanded.  He said, “I went immediately to take a bath, and I started praying, I never prayed before in my life, but my forehead was on the ground when my workers came in, and they saw me praying.  They said, “What has happened to you?”  I finished my prayer, and they said, “The girl is waiting for you outside.”  I said, “Send her back.”  And I explained to them what happened.
By Allah, Shaikh, I took an oath that day to never return to Zinaa and alcohol for the rest of my life.”

“Seek my forgiveness, and I will forgive you.”

Please forgive me if I spent a bit of time on this hadith, but I want to derive as much light from it as possible, and I will try to finish the hadith tomorrow.

Perhaps, if Allah wills, through this hadith, we will taste the sweetness of proximity and closeness to Allah, and the joy of His Company.  May Allah turn to us and forgive us.

Asalamualaikum wrt wb.

Be merciful to those on earth, and the One in the Heavens will be merciful to you.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: