// Nightmare
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Most people are bothered by those passages of Scripture they do not understand, but the passages that bother me are those I do understand. - Mark Twain
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nightmare  (Read 2341 times)
Anonymous
« on: Apr 09, 2009 11:35 AM »

salaam

Today has been a very wierd morning for me.  I had the most terrifying dream last night.  It was the kind of dream where you feel almost in control and yet you're not in control because if you were you wud be able to wake yourself up from it.  I didn't wake up until I was scared half to death. I recited Aoouzobillah  and did the dry spitting on my left.  Then I lay in bed and  felt that early morning chill. I felt cold and started shaking uncontrollably. The dream spooked me so bad and add in the chill factor, I was shaking like a leaf for an hour and had to call a friend to calm me down.  I honestly felt like I was going to die.

Obviously, I can't tell the dream (i think it's for 3 days I cant say anything) but is there any hadith or quotes or guidance anyone can give me?  I feel like the worst person for having that dream, like Allah SWT is angry with me (not that I don't deserve it, I'm not perfect by any means) but...where do such things come from?
Anonymous
« Reply #1 on: Apr 09, 2009 01:12 PM »

Asalamuaalikum wrt wb,

All praise be to Allah.

May Allah make it easy for you.  Bad dreams are from the Shaitan, you should ignore them and never tell them to anyone.  Do not fear and trust in Allah.   Shaitan is weak and he runs away when Allah is remembered.  Some things you can do is:

1.)  Increase your Imaan through pious company and avoid evil environments, people, movies etc.

2.)  Read the last three Surahs of the Quran in bed before you sleep:  (Say Allah is One)  (Say I seek refuge in the Lord of Daybreak) (Say I seek refuge in the Lord of humanity)  three times, then spit in your hands and wipe them over your body.

3.)  Go to sleep with full wudu.

4.)  Recite the last 3 ayahs of Surah Baqarah before you sleep.

5.)  Remember Allah and think about His Greatness and Majesty as you go to sleep.

Allah is the Lord of the Universe, and nothing can harm the Child of Adam except after His Permission.  Trust in Allah, the Most Powerful, no one can harm you, even if all the Universe gathered against you, except after His Permission.

And Allah knows best.
Anonymous
« Reply #2 on: Apr 10, 2009 06:46 AM »

If your dream brings you joy, take it as a blessing from your Lord. Express gratitude and share it with others. However, if it incites fear, then remember it is but an assault from Satan. Seek refuge in Allah from its evil and do not mention it to anyone, for that shall annul any harm intended to you.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Abu Sayeed al-Khodri
Anonymous
« Reply #3 on: Sep 06, 2009 11:15 AM »

bisms hamdullihahi
 salaam

i hope you recite the surahs i.e iklaas , an-naas , and falak [3 times each]
surah kafeeroon -3 times
and ayat ul QURSI- 3 times

.thereafter ....... no bad dreams will touch u, as shaitan stays away from you as long as u do ur dhikr
if u forget , u will be victim to shaytan

it's my own experience- and allah is witness
again if you saw red blood , then it was false dream[ it is held by the shaykhs of the earlier generations]

if after havinh done you dhikr if you still see scary things- then it is a sign-------you should  check your emaan n amend your sins
inshallah ,
la hawla wa la quwata

allah knows best
Anonymous
« Reply #4 on: Sep 06, 2009 11:41 AM »

umm... some people have the tendency to dream more - doesn't make them a worse person than a person that doesn't. in fact on the contrary - very righteous people often dream a lot (heard that in a cd series recently).

by any means, don't repeat the dream to anyone, unless it interferes with your daily happenings or persists - in which case tell ONE person you trust completely. before that, give some sadaqa - and do the dhikr mentioned above.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: