Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: On this show, your voice will be heard - in the form of my voice. - Steven Colbert
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lanterns of Light: “O My servants, you can neither Harm Me nor Benefit Me”  (Read 1535 times)
Abdurahman
Bro

Reputation Power: 4
Abdurahman has no influence :(

Oh Allah, Guide us to the Straight Path.

« on: Sep 08, 2009 12:00 PM »

Bismillah

September 8th, 2009

Mishkaat al-Anwaar or Lanterns of Light
“O My servants, you can neither do Me any harm nor can you do Me any good”
Shaykh Muhammad Hassan

Asalamualaikum wrt wb,

Oh Allah Most High, all praise be to You, You are the Light of the heavens and the earth and whatever is in them, and praise be to You, for You cause all things to exist, and You are the King of the Universe and whatever is in it, and You are Truth, and Your Promise is True, and Paradise is True, and Hellfire is True, and the Hour is True, and the Prophet is True.

Oh Allah Most High, I have submitted to you, I believe in You, I seek Your Forgiveness, and I trust in You, and seek Your guidance, and I seek Your rulings, please forgive me for what has gone by in my life, and what I will do in the future, for there is no god but You.

Allah, the name for which the heavens and earth were created, and name by whose mention mercy descends from the heavens, and those who

I bear witness that there is no God but Allah Most High, Who is Know by all perfect qualities and characteristics, Who is beyond all examples, the Living that does not die, the Cause of all events, and the actions of the Day reach Him before the Night, and the actions of the night reach Him before the Day, and the One who does not sleep.

His veil is Light, and if it were lifted the face of the onlooker would be set ablaze (by its Glory).  His words are truth and just, and His essence is beyond comparison.  His mercy encompasses all of creation with beauty, and to Him is all praise and dominion.

He did not create the heavens and the earth and what is between them in falsehood, nor did he leave mankind in chaos, wandering about without purpose.  (Allah Most High says:  “Do you think that you created in vain and that you will not return to Him?”) But rather, He commanded them to worship Him, and affirm His Oneness, and He showed them His signs and blessings in order that they might know Him, and to love Him, and those who accept He is pleased with them, and those who turn away He calls out to them.

As Allah Most High says:
قُلْ يَا عِبَادِيَ الَّذِينَ أَسْرَفُوا عَلَى أَنْفُسِهِمْ لَا تَقْنَطُوا مِنْ رَحْمَةِ اللَّهِ إِنَّ اللَّهَ يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ جَمِيعًا إِنَّهُ هُوَ الْغَفُورُ الرَّحِيمُ [الزمر/53]

53. Say: "O 'Ibâdî (My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allâh, verily Allâh forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.”

And I bear witness that Muhammad is Allah’s slave and Messenger, a bearer of glad tidings and a warner, the Shining Bright Lantern (of guidance), the one who raised hardships from the people, and the one whom Allah Most High sent with guidance before the Hour with good news and a warning.  He sealed the line of Prophethood with him, and taught the ignorant, and guided the lost, and opened blind eyes, and deaf ears, and sealed hearts, and who left us on a clear manifest guidance, its night like its day, and none deviates from it save finds himself in perdition.  Oh Allah, as we have believed in him, let us join him at the Hawd (pool of cool water on the Day of Judgment).
Oh Allah Most High, send peace upon him, his family, and companions, and those who follow in his footsteps until the Day of Judgment.

Welcome to you all, brothers and sisters, you have done well, may Allah enlighten your faces, and you have prepared for yourselves a place in Paradise, and your efforts have been blessed.  I ask Allah Most High who joined us during this blessed hour, in His obedience, to join us in the Afterlife with the best of Messengers, in the Gardens of Paradise.

My beloved, “Mishkaat al Anwaar”, or “Lanterns of Light”:  a series in Imaan and Hope, about Ahadith Qudsi, narrations that the best of creation our beloved Prophet pbuh relates on the authority of Allah Most High, to renew our Iman, and purify our character, and take our hearts into the Shade of His Majestic Throne, for hearts wander, either in the heavens, or in the base earth, and to raise our aspirations and hopes, and fill our spirits with the light of taqwa, and cure the sickness of heedlessness by smelling the musk of divine guidance, in the hope that we may taste proximity with Allah Most High, and what is more happy than a life with Allah Most High, and what is more pure and beautiful than the taste of Divine intimacy, for one who experiences is not like one who only hears, and no one knows the pain of a thorn save one who touches is it.

Oh my Lord, Master, and Owner, the Kings have shut their doors, but Your Door is open to every supplicant, beggar, and sinner, it is open to those who have shortcomings, my Lord, my Master, the celestial bodies have gone, and the eyes have closed (in sleep) yet you are the Ever Living, the Eternal, Who never sleeps.

Oh Allah Most High, others have gone to bed, to be with their beloved, but we have come to you, we are here raising our hands in the air calling on You, and our hearts are open before you, we place our foreheads on the ground in humble submission to You, in order that You may be pleased with us, we are the people of Your worship, of Your love, and yes, we are people of sin, but we never despair of Your Mercy, oh Allah Most High, we have committed mistakes, but we do not despair of Your Mercy, but we flee to You.  We need you.  What has deluded the others from Your Countenance?  Whoever seeks your forgiveness, You Love Him.  And he who doesn’t, You Cure him through tests and tribulations.

But You do not need us, yet if I seek Your forgiveness, You forgive, and if I make mistakes, You accept me, and if I turn away, You call to me, and if I come towards you, You come close to me, and if I love You, You make me your Wali, Your close friend, and if I do good You reward me, and if I am sincere, You have intimate speech with me, oh Allah Most High, You are the most Merciful, so forgive me, and turn my sadness away.

Oh the One whom the fearful flee too, and the One Whom those who trust place their trust in, and those who ask You, You give them, my Lord, My Master, My Owner:

My beloved in Allah, come me tonight to continue our reflection and pondering in this Mihrab, this steam of light, that we continue to study for the third night in a row, that is narrated on Allah most High, through a reliable chain, in the authentic Hadith Qudsi.

Narrated by Imam Muslim and Tirmidhi and others, that Abu Dhar reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying that:

عَنْ النَّبِيِّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ فِيمَا رَوَى عَنْ اللَّهِ تَبَارَكَ وَتَعَالَى أَنَّهُ قَالَ يَا عِبَادِي إِنِّي حَرَّمْتُ الظُّلْمَ عَلَى نَفْسِي وَجَعَلْتُهُ بَيْنَكُمْ مُحَرَّمًا فَلَا تَظَالَمُوا يَا عِبَادِي كُلُّكُمْ ضَالٌّ إِلَّا مَنْ هَدَيْتُهُ فَاسْتَهْدُونِي أَهْدِكُمْ يَا عِبَادِي كُلُّكُمْ جَائِعٌ إِلَّا مَنْ أَطْعَمْتُهُ فَاسْتَطْعِمُونِي أُطْعِمْكُمْ يَا عِبَادِي كُلُّكُمْ عَارٍ إِلَّا مَنْ كَسَوْتُهُ فَاسْتَكْسُونِي أَكْسُكُمْ يَا عِبَادِي إِنَّكُمْ تُخْطِئُونَ بِاللَّيْلِ وَالنَّهَارِ وَأَنَا أَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ جَمِيعًا فَاسْتَغْفِرُونِي أَغْفِرْ لَكُمْ يَا عِبَادِي إِنَّكُمْ لَنْ تَبْلُغُوا ضَرِّي فَتَضُرُّونِي وَلَنْ تَبْلُغُوا نَفْعِي فَتَنْفَعُونِي يَا عِبَادِي لَوْ أَنَّ أَوَّلَكُمْ وَآخِرَكُمْ وَإِنْسَكُمْ وَجِنَّكُمْ كَانُوا عَلَى أَتْقَى قَلْبِ رَجُلٍ وَاحِدٍ مِنْكُمْ مَا زَادَ ذَلِكَ فِي مُلْكِي شَيْئًا يَا عِبَادِي لَوْ أَنَّ أَوَّلَكُمْ وَآخِرَكُمْ وَإِنْسَكُمْ وَجِنَّكُمْ كَانُوا عَلَى أَفْجَرِ قَلْبِ رَجُلٍ وَاحِدٍ مَا نَقَصَ ذَلِكَ مِنْ مُلْكِي شَيْئًا يَا عِبَادِي لَوْ أَنَّ أَوَّلَكُمْ وَآخِرَكُمْ وَإِنْسَكُمْ وَجِنَّكُمْ قَامُوا فِي صَعِيدٍ وَاحِدٍ فَسَأَلُونِي فَأَعْطَيْتُ كُلَّ إِنْسَانٍ مَسْأَلَتَهُ مَا نَقَصَ ذَلِكَ مِمَّا عِنْدِي إِلَّا كَمَا يَنْقُصُ الْمِخْيَطُ إِذَا أُدْخِلَ الْبَحْرَ يَا عِبَادِي إِنَّمَا هِيَ أَعْمَالُكُمْ أُحْصِيهَا لَكُمْ ثُمَّ أُوَفِّيكُمْ إِيَّاهَا فَمَنْ وَجَدَ خَيْرًا فَلْيَحْمَدْ اللَّهَ وَمَنْ وَجَدَ غَيْرَ ذَلِكَ فَلَا يَلُومَنَّ إِلَّا نَفْسَهُ

Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, said:
“O My servants, I have made oppression unlawful for Me and unlawful for you, so do not commit oppression against one another.
O My servants, all of you are liable to err except one whom I guide on the right path, so seek right guidance from Me so that I should direct you to the right path.
O My servants, all of you are hungry (needy) except one whom I feed, so beg food from Me, so that I may give that to you.
O My servants, all of you are naked (need clothes) except one whom I provide garments, so beg clothes from Me, so that I should clothe you.
O My servants, you commit error night and day and I am there to pardon your sins, so beg pardon from Me so that I should grant you pardon.
O My servants, you can neither do Me any harm nor can you do Me any good.
O My servants, even if the first amongst you and the last amongst you and even the whole of human race of yours, and that of jinns even, become (equal in) God-conscious like the heart of a single person amongst you, nothing would add to My Power.
O My servants, even if the first amongst you and the last amongst you and the whole human race of yours and that of the jinns too in unison become the most wicked (all beating) like the heart of a single person, it would cause no loss to My Power.
O My servants, even if the first amongst you and the last amongst you and the whole human race of yours and that of jinns also all stand in one plain ground and you ask Me and I confer upon every person what he asks for, it would not in any way cause any loss to Me (even less) than that which is caused to the ocean by dipping the needle in it.
O My servants, I am recording these actions of yours, and I shall reward you for them, so he who finds his deeds good should praise Allah and he who does not find that should not blame anyone but his own self.””

I will try as best as I can, to explain the rest of this hadith tonight, but if I cannot, than by Allah, each of the ten callings in this hadith (Ya Ibâdî) requires its own chapter, but I ask Allah to make us from those who hear the beneficial words and follow the best of them.

Allah Great and Glorious says, “O My servants, you can neither do Me any harm nor can you do Me any good. “
After Allah explained that Allah is the one who guides His servants, and feeds them, and clothes them, and forgives them their sins, after this, Allah says, “Do not think that the reason Allah provides for you, and forgives you your sins, do not imagine for a moment that Allah does this for you seeking some benefit, no, Allah is independent and rich.  Rather you are all impoverished to Allah, and you need Him, but He does not need you.

He is independent, and He provides for others, for you cannot even benefit yourselves, or harm yourselves, so how can you harm or benefit the Lord of the Universe?  Would anyone say this?

Excellent were the words of the one who used to worship idols, then came upon them one day and found traces of urine on them, and he found a fox playing nearby his god that he worshipped, and he returned to his senses saying:

Is it a god that a fox urinates on?
This is a humiliation, how can it be a god that a fox urinates on?
No!  I have believed in God, Lord of the Universe.

“You will not harm me.”

You do not have the ability to harm or benefit yourself, to begin with, so how can a person think they can harm Allah by Kufr, or sin, or other than that?  Allah is the King, the Truth.
فَتَعَالَى اللَّهُ الْمَلِكُ الْحَقُّ لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا هُوَ رَبُّ الْعَرْشِ الْكَرِيمِ [المؤمنون/116]
116. So Exalted be Allâh, the True King, Lâ ilâha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), the Lord of the Supreme Throne!

One night Sultan Muhammad bin Mahmood left his castle, and wanted to see his entire Kingdom.  He commanded his army to bring all the gold and silver in the land, and the treasures, and array it before him.
When he saw it all, he said:  By Allah, if the Angel of Death accepted all this wealth to ransom myself, I would spend it.
He then read the verses:
مَا أَغْنَى عَنِّي مَالِيَهْ (28) هَلَكَ عَنِّي سُلْطَانِيَهْ (29) خُذُوهُ فَغُلُّوهُ (30) ثُمَّ الْجَحِيمَ صَلُّوهُ (31) ثُمَّ فِي سِلْسِلَةٍ ذَرْعُهَا سَبْعُونَ ذِرَاعًا فَاسْلُكُوهُ (32) إِنَّهُ كَانَ لَا يُؤْمِنُ بِاللَّهِ الْعَظِيمِ (33) وَلَا يَحُضُّ عَلَى طَعَامِ الْمِسْكِينِ (34)  [الحاقة/28-34]
28. "My wealth has not availed me,
29. "My power and arguments (to defend myself) have gone from me!"
30. (It will be said): "Seize him and fetter him,
31. Then throw him in the blazing Fire.
32. "Then fasten him with a chain whereof the length is seventy cubits!"
33. Verily, He used not to believe in Allâh, the Most Great,
34. And urged not on the feeding of Al¬ Miskîn (the poor),

No king can delay his moment of death, so what is the worth of a kingdom that perishes?

When Harun al Rashid used to see clouds, he would say, “Rain wherever you like, for you will rain on my kingdom.”

When he was dying, he asked to be brought to his grave site, then when he say it, he said, “O One Whose Kingdom never perishes, have mercy on the one whose kingdom has perished!”
Then he raid the same verses mentioned above.

Remember when you will stand naked, and the fire will be ablaze, and Allah’ anger will strong, and you will read your book.  The Mushrikoon are heading to the fire, and the believers are going towards the Paradise.

How much have you become lost in the worldly life, and you have forgotten the meeting with Allah!  Your true clothes are piety, or else you will meet your Lord naked.  Allah is rich, and enriches others whom He wishes, and He takes away the kingdom of whomever He wishes.

قُلِ اللَّهُمَّ مَالِكَ الْمُلْكِ تُؤْتِي الْمُلْكَ مَنْ تَشَاءُ وَتَنْزِعُ الْمُلْكَ مِمَّنْ تَشَاءُ وَتُعِزُّ مَنْ تَشَاءُ وَتُذِلُّ مَنْ تَشَاءُ بِيَدِكَ الْخَيْرُ إِنَّكَ عَلَى كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيرٌ  [آل عمران/26]

26. Say (O Muhammad SAW): "O Allâh! Possessor of the kingdom, You give the kingdom to whom You will, and You take the kingdom from whom You will, and You endue with honor whom You will, and You humiliate whom You will. In Your Hand is the good. Verily, You are Able to do all things.

And Allah says,
وَإِنْ يَمْسَسْكَ اللَّهُ بِضُرٍّ فَلَا كَاشِفَ لَهُ إِلَّا هُوَ وَإِنْ يَمْسَسْكَ بِخَيْرٍ فَهُوَ عَلَى كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيرٌ [الأنعام/17]
17. And if Allâh touches you with harm, none can remove it but He, and if He touches you with good, then He is Able to do all things

As creation we do not own lives, nor can we bring life back to ourselves after we die, let alone harm or benefit Allah Most Gracious.  Allah takes what He likes whenever He likes.

No country, or ruler, or king, has authority, or dies, or loses power, except by the command of Allah.

“My servants, you will not be able to harm Me, or benefit Me.”

Fill your heart with the greatness of Allah the Exalted, for by Allah, the most beloved lessons in my heart are these lessons, since they fill our hearts with the might and greatness of Allah.  May Allah increase us in Imaan, yet how can we increase in Imaan without knowing Allah?   We have distanced ourselves from Allah, and if Allah is brought close to hearts, our Ummah will become dominant and strong once again.

I don’t belittle worldly knowledge, and science, and technology, but at the same time, it has no real value if we do not attach ourselves to Allah, and go back to Him.

In the Saheehain it is narrated that a Rabbi came to the Prophet pbuh saying,
فَقَالَ يَا مُحَمَّدُ إِنَّا نَجِدُ أَنَّ اللَّهَ يَجْعَلُ السَّمَوَاتِ عَلَى إِصْبَعٍ وَالْأَرَضِينَ عَلَى إِصْبَعٍ وَالشَّجَرَ عَلَى إِصْبَعٍ وَالْمَاءَ وَالثَّرَى عَلَى إِصْبَعٍ وَسَائِرَ الْخَلَائِقِ عَلَى إِصْبَعٍ فَيَقُولُ أَنَا الْمَلِكُ فَضَحِكَ النَّبِيُّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ حَتَّى بَدَتْ نَوَاجِذُهُ تَصْدِيقًا لِقَوْلِ الْحَبْرِ ثُمَّ قَرَأَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ
{ وَمَا قَدَرُوا اللَّهَ حَقَّ قَدْرِهِ وَالْأَرْضُ جَمِيعًا قَبْضَتُهُ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ وَالسَّمَوَاتُ مَطْوِيَّاتٌ بِيَمِينِهِ سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَى عَمَّا يُشْرِكُونَ }
“Oh Muhammad, we find written (in the Torah) that Allah will place the heavens on One Finger, and the Earths on One Finger, and the forests on One Finger, and the water and grasslands on One Finger, and the rest of creation on One Finger, then He will say, “I am the King.””
The Prophet pbuh smiled until his molars could be seen in acceptance of the statement of the Rabbi, and then he read the verse: 
67. They made not a just estimate of Allâh such as is due to Him. And on the Day of Resurrection the whole of the earth will be grasped by His Hand and the heavens will be rolled up in His Right Hand.  Glorified is He, and High is He above all that they associate as partners with Him!

Honored and sublime and perfect is Allah, He is powerful over all things, and all things are in need of Him, and all things are easy for Him.  Glory be to Him, to be compared to His creation.

Please allow me, no matter how great and powerful your status and position, you were once a small drop of sperm, and you will end in dust.  Do you imagine that now, after the King of the universe has placed technology in your service, after you made airplanes, and space shuttles like the Discovery, and you have built castles and skyscrapers, and traversed the oceans, oh impoverished one, do you think after you have reached this advanced level of science, and geology, and biology, do you think you have become a king with the King of the universe?
No, by Allah!  Look at yourself in the bathroom.  Imagine, if you have an illness in your urinary tract, how weak and impoverished you become.

As narrated in Ibn Majah,
بَزَقَ النَّبِيُّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ فِي كَفِّهِ ثُمَّ وَضَعَ أُصْبُعَهُ السَّبَّابَةَ وَقَالَ يَقُولُ اللَّهُ عَزَّ وَجَلَّ أَنَّى تُعْجِزُنِي ابْنَ آدَمَ وَقَدْ خَلَقْتُكَ مِنْ مِثْلِ هَذِهِ فَإِذَا بَلَغَتْ نَفْسُكَ هَذِهِ وَأَشَارَ إِلَى حَلْقِهِ

The Prophet pbuh once placed some spittle his hand and pointed his finger at it, and then said: “Allah the Might and Majestic says: ‘How can the child of Adam claim I will not resurrect him and I created him from (a drop) like this, then he has reached his current form’ alluding to the creation of the human being.”

“O My servants, you can neither do Me any harm nor can you do Me any good.
O My servants, even if the first amongst you and the last amongst you and even the whole of human race of yours, and that of jinns even, become (equal in) God-conscious like the heart of a single person amongst you, nothing would add to My Power.”

The Kingdom of Allah Most High is not increased by worship, or praise, or thanks, or Tawheed, and it is not decreased by the rejection of the disbelievers, or the laughing of the hypocrites.

يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ أَنْتُمُ الْفُقَرَاءُ إِلَى اللَّهِ وَاللَّهُ هُوَ الْغَنِيُّ الْحَمِيدُ (15) إِنْ يَشَأْ يُذْهِبْكُمْ وَيَأْتِ بِخَلْقٍ جَدِيدٍ (16) وَمَا ذَلِكَ عَلَى اللَّهِ بِعَزِيزٍ [فاطر/15-17]
15. O mankind! it is you who stand in need of Allâh, but Allâh is Rich (Free of all wants and needs), Worthy of all praise.
16. If He will, He could destroy you and bring about a new creation.
17. And that is not hard for Allâh.

We are impoverished and in need of Allah, and poverty is of two types:
Imposed Impoverishment: 
No creation can ever be independent on Allah, the Lord of the Universe, nor be independent of all that He has created, and His blessings, for He owns them. 
And if anyone owned air, people would fight each other over it.  Look at man’s oppression to fellow man.  Even for a drink of water, they do things that animals do not do to one another.  Allah has honored the child of Adam, yet he lowers himself to this level.

Allah’s kingdom does not increase by our worship, or decrease by the rejection of disbelievers.
Allah says:
وَلَا يَحْزُنْكَ الَّذِينَ يُسَارِعُونَ فِي الْكُفْرِ إِنَّهُمْ لَنْ يَضُرُّوا اللَّهَ شَيْئًا يُرِيدُ اللَّهُ أَلَّا يَجْعَلَ لَهُمْ حَظًّا فِي الْآَخِرَةِ وَلَهُمْ عَذَابٌ عَظِيمٌ
[آل عمران/176]
176. And let not those grieve you (O Muhammad SAW) who rush with haste to disbelieve; verily, not the least harm will they do to Allâh. It is Allâh's Will to give them no portion in the Hereafter. For them there is a great torment.

Do not think you can take away from Allah’s Kingdom.  By Allah, if all the people of the earth disbelieved, if Allah wished and decreed it, it would not decrease from Allah’s Kingdom, and if all the people of the earth believed, if Allah wished and decreed it, it would not increase Allah’s kingdom.

For Allah is rich (free of wants) intrinsically, and He is Strong, and Powerful, and Self-Standing, and before these qualities, and He is absolutely independent of needs.  But a rich person, he is rich in a restricted sense, and he could lose what he owns at any moment.

Voluntary Impoverishment:

This is impoverishment that was chosen by the Prophets and righteous.
It is achieved by realizing the vast bounties of Allah upon you, and your shortcomings and deficiencies with respect to Allah, and when you reflect on this, you will feel shy from Allah.  Yet if you do this, Allah will increase you in true richness.

Know for sure, that Allah is Rich (independent of needs), and the self-standing provider for the whole universe.  And from here, if we understand this truth, then we begin to understand the words:
“O My servants, if the first of you, and the last of you, and the man and Jinn (whose number is known only to Allah) asked Me, (and Allah did not restrict what they ask for, in quantity, or quality) and I granted it, it would diminish My Kingdom…”

Have you looked at the millions on the plain of Arafat?  They are a small number compared to the millions from Adam to the end of time.  This one is making dua in English, and this one in Arabic, and Urdu, and French, and ….and… and glory to the One who hears all their calls, each one, and the millions of calls, and thousands of languages do not confuse Him, or mix up, for this never decreases from Allah’s kingdom.

This is Arafat, but if all the Jinn and Man from the beginning of time to the Day of Judgment stood and asked from Allah, and Allah granted each one of them their request, it would not take away anything from Allah’s Kingdom, except as a needle takes from the ocean if it is placed in it.  Does the needle take away from the ocean?  No, it doesn’t.  Reflect, for the decrease that is mentioned here is akin to what was mentioned in the story of Musa and Khidr, in the Saheehain:

When Musa gave Dawah to the Bani Israel they asked him, “Who is the most knowledge of people?”  Musa replied, “I am.”  And he was the Kaleemallah, the one spoken to directly by Allah, about whom Allah said, “wastna’tuku li nafsi”  “I chose you for Myself.”  Yes my beloved, we have to honor the Prophets of Allah, and mention them with respect, for they are the best of creation.  Allah Most Gracious also said about him, ‘and so that you would be taken care of under My Watch.”
But with this, when Musa said, “I am the most knowledgeable person,” he did not attribute the knowledge to Allah, so Allah admonished him for that.  Nothing that we have is ours, and by Allah, and I do not speak a word except by the help of Allah, and it is by the Tawfeeq of Allah.

So Allah revealed to Musa, “There is a servant who is more knowledgeable than you.”  And it is a long and beautiful story, but in short, Musa rode a ship with Khidr, and a bird landed on the edge of the ship, and dipped its beak in the ocean.
Khidr said, “Oh Musa, indeed my knowledge, and your knowledge, together compared to the knowledge of Allah, is like the amount of water this bird took in its beak from the vast ocean.”

For Allah’s knowledge is intrinsic, it does not decrease if He grants some of it to others in His creation, just like when I teach in this lesson, it does not take away from my knowledge to give it to others, and to Allah is the highest example.

قُلْ لَوْ كَانَ الْبَحْرُ مِدَادًا لِكَلِمَاتِ رَبِّي لَنَفِدَ الْبَحْرُ قَبْلَ أَنْ تَنْفَدَ كَلِمَاتُ رَبِّي وَلَوْ جِئْنَا بِمِثْلِهِ مَدَدًا  [الكهف/109]
109. Say (O Muhammad SAW to mankind). "If the sea were ink for (writing) the Words of my Lord, surely, the sea would be exhausted before the Words of my Lord would be finished, even if we brought (another sea) like it for its aid."

وَلَوْ أَنَّمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ مِنْ شَجَرَةٍ أَقْلَامٌ وَالْبَحْرُ يَمُدُّهُ مِنْ بَعْدِهِ سَبْعَةُ أَبْحُرٍ مَا نَفِدَتْ كَلِمَاتُ اللَّهِ إِنَّ اللَّهَ عَزِيزٌ حَكِيمٌ [لقمان/27]
27. And if all the trees on the earth were pens and the sea (were ink wherewith to write), with seven seas behind it to add to its (supply), yet the Words of Allâh would not be exhausted. Verily, Allâh is All¬ Mighty, All¬ Wise.
“O My servants, even if the first amongst you and the last amongst you and the whole human race of yours and that of jinns also all stand in one plain ground and you ask Me and I confer upon every person what he asks for, it would not in any way cause any loss to Me (even less) than that which is caused to the ocean by dipping the needle in it.”

I ask you, my brother, why do you look at the hands of another, why not look to the Hand of the One who grants all provision?  If you believe that Allah will not grant you your desire, this is holding a bad opinion of Allah.  Allah gives some knowledge, others wealth, or beauty, or a righteous wife, or a righteous child, so do not feel jealous of anyone, rather ask the One who bestows all bounty.

The Prophet pbuh said:  “The Hand of Allah is filled, and its bounty is not decreased by giving.
‘The Giver’ is one of the names of Allah, so ask The Giver.  And be firm, do not say, “Oh Allah grant me provision, or knowledge, if You like.”  No, be firm, for no one can force Allah to do anything.

And then Hadith ends with Allah saying:
“O My servants, I am recording these actions of yours, and I shall reward you for them, so he who finds his deeds good should praise Allah and he who does not find that should not blame anyone but his own self.”

Allah says in the Quran:

“Wa nad’a mawazeena ul qist yowm al qiyaamah.”
“We shall place the Scales of Justice on the Day of Judgment.”

“‘ala taziroo wazirtun wizra ukhraa”
“No bearer of burdens shall bear the burden of another.”

‘wa kullu insanan alzamna taairhoo fee unuqih’
“And every person shall have his record attached to his neck.”

And Allah says,
وَيَوْمَ نُسَيِّرُ الْجِبَالَ وَتَرَى الْأَرْضَ بَارِزَةً وَحَشَرْنَاهُمْ فَلَمْ نُغَادِرْ مِنْهُمْ أَحَدًا (47) وَعُرِضُوا عَلَى رَبِّكَ صَفًّا لَقَدْ جِئْتُمُونَا كَمَا خَلَقْنَاكُمْ أَوَّلَ مَرَّةٍ بَلْ زَعَمْتُمْ أَلَّنْ نَجْعَلَ لَكُمْ مَوْعِدًا (48) وَوُضِعَ الْكِتَابُ فَتَرَى الْمُجْرِمِينَ مُشْفِقِينَ مِمَّا فِيهِ وَيَقُولُونَ يَا وَيْلَتَنَا مَالِ هَذَا الْكِتَابِ لَا يُغَادِرُ صَغِيرَةً وَلَا كَبِيرَةً إِلَّا أَحْصَاهَا وَوَجَدُوا مَا عَمِلُوا حَاضِرًا وَلَا يَظْلِمُ رَبُّكَ أَحَدًا [الكهف/47-49]
47. And (remember) the Day We shall cause the mountains to pass away (like clouds of dust), and you will see the earth as a leveled plain, and we shall gather them all together so as to leave not one of them behind.
48. And they will be set before your Lord in (lines as) rows, (and Allâh will say): "Now indeed, you have come to Us as We created you the first time. Nay, but you thought that We had appointed no meeting for you (with Us)."
49. And the Book (one's Record) will be placed (in the right hand for a believer in the Oneness of Allâh, and in the left hand for a disbeliever in the Oneness of Allâh), and you will see the Mujrimûn (criminals, polytheists, sinners, etc.), fearful of that which is (recorded) therein. They will say: "Woe to us! What sort of Book is this that leaves neither a small thing nor a big thing, but has recorded it with numbers?" And they will find all that they did, placed before them, and your Lord treats no one with injustice.

Yes, ‘fa mayn ya’mal mithqaal dharatin khairan yarah, wa mayn ya’mal mithqal dharatin sharan yarah.’
“And whoever did a grain’s weight of good shall see it, and whoever did a grain’s weight of evil shall see it.”

Hassan al Basri once said:  “Oh child of Adam, there are two angels appointed over you recording your every action.  If you repent, your evil actions will be erased.  When you die, your records will be rolled into a scroll, and tied to your neck, and on the Day of Judgment you will read it.”

اقْرَأْ كِتَابَكَ كَفَى بِنَفْسِكَ الْيَوْمَ عَلَيْكَ حَسِيبًا  [الإسراء/14]
14. (It will be said to him): "Read your book. You yourself are sufficient as a reckoner against you this Day."

Don’t rely on your destiny, and say, “If Allah decreed sin for me, there is no escaping it.”

No, Allah says,
‘Fa man shaa’a fal yumin wa man shaa’a fal yakfoor.’

“Whoever desires shall believe, and whosoever desires shall disbelieve.”

Thus Allah says, “and whoever finds other than that should not blame save himself.”

You will come out of the grave, naked, like a child before circumcision, and the angel will call out, “Where is so-and-so son of so-and-so?” “Come, it is your turn to stand in front of your Lord.”

Have you ever stood in a court, and when the judge comes in, all the voices fall silent, and when you hear your name, your heart trembles?  Imagine when the angels will bring you in front of your Lord.

It will be a pin drop silence. 

وَيَسْأَلُونَكَ عَنِ الْجِبَالِ فَقُلْ يَنْسِفُهَا رَبِّي نَسْفًا (105) فَيَذَرُهَا قَاعًا صَفْصَفًا (106) لَا تَرَى فِيهَا عِوَجًا وَلَا أَمْتًا (107) يَوْمَئِذٍ يَتَّبِعُونَ الدَّاعِيَ لَا عِوَجَ لَهُ وَخَشَعَتِ الْأَصْوَاتُ لِلرَّحْمَنِ فَلَا تَسْمَعُ إِلَّا هَمْسًا [طه/105-108]

105. And they ask you concerning the mountains, say; "My Lord will blast them and scatter them as particles of dust.
106. "Then He shall leave it as a level smooth plain.
107. "You will see therein nothing crooked or curved."
108. On that Day mankind will follow strictly (the voice of) Allâh's caller, no crookedness (that is without going to the right or left of that voice) will they show him (Allâh's caller). And all voices will be humbled for the Most Beneficent (Allâh), and nothing shall you hear but the low voice of their footsteps.

Reflect on this scene, it causes one’s heart to tremble, and Allah will ask you about the large and small, and if you are from the successful, you will be give your book in your right hand.
You will say, “Here is my book, come read it!”

And if he is from the other group, “O woe upon me, I wish I was not given my book!”
It is amazing, the child of Adam argues with his Lord, even on the Day of Judgment!

The Sahabah said, We were with the Prophet pbuh when he mentioned:  “Are you surprised by the argumentation of a person with his Lord on the Day of Judgment?  He will be asked about his sins, and he will deny them.  Then his mouth will be sealed, and his body parts will testify against him.”
All of the body parts will speak, and give testimony, and he will curse his body parts. 
But for the believer Allah will replace his sins with good deeds.
 Allah Most High says, “fa ulaaiki yubadilallah siyaatihum hasaanat,” “(For the righteous) Allah will replace their sins with good deeds.”

“O My servants, I am recording these actions of yours, and I shall reward you for them, so he who finds his deeds good should praise Allah and he who does not find that should not blame anyone but his own self.”

I say these words, and I seek Allah’s forgiveness for myself and you, and I ask Allah by His Greatest Name, that which if He is asked by it He answers, to let us taste the sweetness of His intimacy and proximity, and to bring us close to Him, and may Allah grant victory to Islam and believers, and bless the Muslim lands with peace and tranquility.

Asalamualaikum wrt wb.

Be merciful to those on earth, and the One in the Heavens will be merciful to you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: