// Best of the best Islamic lectures!
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: “If you are destined for good fortune you will be blessed; if afflictions have been ordained, no matter where you hide they will seek you out. Submit therefore before the will of Allah; be grateful in well-being and endure adversity with fortitude, that His light may radiate within your being.” -Shaikh Abdul Qadir Jilani (R.A)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best of the best Islamic lectures!  (Read 11461 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Sep 15, 2009 07:57 AM »

A nice one I listened to recently:

In the Early House Part 1: http://blip.tv/file/get/Suhaibwebb-InTheEarlyHoursPart1732.mp3
In the Early Hours Part 2: http://blip.tv/file/get/Suhaibwebb-InTheEarlyHoursPart2Updated146.mp3
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Sep 23, 2009 11:20 PM »

Good lecture with good points. Things I've been trying to say for years!!!

UmmWafi
Sis

Reputation Power: 12
UmmWafi has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Sep 24, 2009 04:01 PM »

Salam Sr Jannah

Mashallah what a good video. When I counsel troubled kids or juveniles, they often tell me that the reason they did not go to the masajid is because they felt they were treated like a pariah. They said they are more welcomed at a Jewish function than a masjid function. Go figure.

Wassalam
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #3 on: Sep 27, 2009 11:09 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum  bro

A real eye opener on what life is like in the States!

The point made about the dangers of self righteousness and the potential loss of compassion as we become more knowledgeable is something we should all be wary of.

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #4 on: Apr 05, 2010 10:22 AM »

An extremely beautiful clip from one of the most amazing scholars and worshippers of our time, Sheikh Muhammad Mukhtar Ash-Shinqitee, from the holy city of Madinah. A translated extract from his lecture "Al Hayaat At-Tayyibah" ("The Goodly Life"), in which he discusses the realities of the life of this temporary world and man's relationship with it, and most importantly his relationship with his Creator. Although the word "he" is used throughout the video, the Sheikh is referring to what affects all people men or women, and "he" was used for brevity.

blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #5 on: Apr 06, 2010 06:24 AM »

salaam

wow great lecture (I just listened to Brother Nouman')

What I think is very important about what he said is that 'you' need to come out and reach out to people and not wait for them to come to you..
I don't see that we reach out to anyone here much
I felt very lonely when I cam back and I think I was reached out by more non muslims and 'nonreligious' people which was not good in my state of mind..
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #6 on: Nov 29, 2010 09:42 PM »

This is my all time FAVORITE lecture from Sh. Hamza Yusuf. I'm not sure but I think I was there live at the time:

Elements of Success 1/5

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #7 on: Nov 09, 2011 04:07 PM »

Less than 10 mins, great talk1!!

!
GhettoHijabi
Sis

Reputation Power: 1
GhettoHijabi has no influence :(

« Reply #8 on: Nov 28, 2011 06:01 PM »

Shaykha Noura Shamma, a distinguished visiting scholar, gave an inspiring and memorable lesson on the way of the Companions–and their passionate love for Allah and the Messenger (peace and blessings be upon him)–through stories of famous and less-famous Companions.

This lesson was delivered at SeekersHub Toronto (www.SeekersHub.org) on Saturday, November 19, 2011.
( http://seekershub.org/2011/11/24/madly-in-love-walking-the-way-of-the-companions-shaykha-noura-shamma/)

You can subscribe to the SeekersHub free Islamic podcast from the SeekersHub (www.SeekersHub.org) page, or directly through iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/seekershubs-free-islamic-podcast/id450995414
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #9 on: Dec 26, 2011 11:41 PM »

Sweet talk from this past weekend:
الجنة لنا إلا إن أبينا Paradise is Ours Unless We Refuse
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2012 04:52 PM »

This was really nice and fun to learn about  Grin

The Funniest Sahabi - Omar Suleiman - Quran Weekly
Nafs
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2012 05:13 AM »

^ that was nice ..and I loved how he smiled the whole time mashaAllah
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #12 on: Sep 12, 2012 02:36 PM »

This was incredibly beautiful. Just listened to it. 46 mins. Salawat.

RISTalks: "Last Moments in the Life of the Prophet" by Shaykh Mokhtar Maghraoui - RIS Canada 2004
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #13 on: Sep 14, 2012 06:05 PM »

K third time I'm listening to this ^. So beautiful... listen to it ppl!! U won't regret it!
Mubaraka
Sis

Reputation Power: 41
Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)

« Reply #14 on: Sep 18, 2012 03:53 PM »

Came across this lecture by Br.Nauman Ali Khan.Great reminder.Thought I should share...

http://www.masjidomar.com/media/video?task=videodirectlink&id=81

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #15 on: Dec 10, 2012 08:51 AM »

Lecture from Sh. HY from the recent conference in CT.  Great thoughts about poverty and wealth.

The Middle Path - Shaykh Hamza Yusuf
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #16 on: Apr 15, 2013 05:43 PM »

Marriage, marriage and more marriage! by Mufti Menk

Mufti Menk - Marriage [FULL]
Marwaa

Reputation Power: 2
Marwaa has no influence :(

« Reply #17 on: Apr 15, 2013 08:17 PM »

Marriage, marriage and more marriage! by Mufti Menk

Mufti Menk - Marriage [FULL]

I've already listened to this one .. it's really amazing ..jazaka allahu khair
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #18 on: Jun 27, 2013 11:44 AM »

Interesting lecture on Feminism and Islam and advice to Muslim Men and Husbands!! by one of my annisahs in syria (an american convert) speaking at zaytuna. God I love her!! She's amazing!

Anse Tamara Gray delivers a lecture entitled, "Lean In: Our Feminist Manifesto". From the Zaytuna conference, Reclaiming Our Faith: Negotiating Modern Theological Fault Lines held in Anaheim, California on May 25, 2013.
Support Meaningful Education, http://zaytunacollege.org/

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #19 on: Jan 13, 2014 01:33 PM »

This is an interesting taster introduction lecture by sh Akram on the Women Scholars in Islam. The Q&A is quite hilarious.  He has a heavy accent but after a few minutes you don't notice it. You do need a livestream account to watch:

http://new.livestream.com/accounts/4883233/events/2663374?origin=Event+Broadcast&mixpanel_id=f2fb63617d5f-0b163ff53-43681f0a-2ee000-f2fb63617e373&acc_id=4717411&medium=email
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #20 on: Jan 13, 2014 10:34 PM »

I'm currently working thro Dr Yasir Qadhis tafseers, I listened to surah Yusuf and now am on surah Kahf, anyone who has time should listen, one video a day, but his explanations are so compelling mashallah.

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #21 on: Mar 12, 2014 09:30 AM »

Nice talk on How to get Married by Nouman Ali Khan!!

Siham
Sis

Reputation Power: 23
Siham barely matters :(Siham barely matters :(

Ahla Haya

« Reply #22 on: Mar 18, 2014 04:53 PM »

Great lecture, I recommend it to everyone, especially to all the single people out there and their parents—love his sense of humor  Smiley

Irish Anti-Gay Commercial

(New anti-gay marriage commercial made in Ireland by a religious group and promoted by the (American) National Organization for Marriage.)

"...Surely my prayer and my sacrifice, my life and my death are for Allah, the Lord of the Worlds..." (Qur'an, 6:162)
Siham
Sis

Reputation Power: 23
Siham barely matters :(Siham barely matters :(

Ahla Haya

« Reply #23 on: Mar 20, 2014 07:30 PM »

As-Salaamu` alaykum,
This is an inspiring video with a great message, for those youth who are unsure of themselves ... remember when you were a kid—you knew you could do almost anything you put your mind into, but then you became an adult and started doubting yourself and having all these negative ‘self-talk’ which prevented you from reaching your full potential.

Well, it’s never too late to follow your dreams and make it happen—you just need to have faith because ‘li kulli mujtahidin nasib.’

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzf7u6GPGBA# (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

"...Surely my prayer and my sacrifice, my life and my death are for Allah, the Lord of the Worlds..." (Qur'an, 6:162)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: