Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eid Gifts Not Sunnah?  (Read 1093 times)
blackrose
Sis

Reps: 31

« on: Sep 17, 2009 03:05 PM »

Asalamualaikum

I heard somewhere that giving Eid gifts is not a sunnah of Prophet Muhammad pbuh and is just immitation of non Muslims?  I heard we should avoid it?  Anyone have more info on this?

JazakAllahu kair

Hard2Hit
Bro

Reps: 159

Taubah

« Reply #1 on: Sep 17, 2009 03:37 PM »

Salaams,

Wow! I've heard numerous narrations of Nabi saw giving gifts to kids and advising to share with the needy what you buy for yourself. Gifts are gifts, Eid is a perfect time to give/exchange gifts, it sounds like common sense and perfectly normal.

I'm sure the majority of ulema of ahlul-sunnah wouldn't deem it an immitation of non Muslims.

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.

blackrose
Sis

« Reply #2 on: Sep 17, 2009 03:51 PM »

salaam

Are there any hadiths of the prophet pbuh giving gifts in Eid in particular?  (I think thats where the problem is?)

Hard2Hit
Bro

Reps: 159

Taubah

« Reply #3 on: Sep 17, 2009 03:56 PM »

Yeah, I was talking about gifts on Eid. The narrations I heard about kids and needy were for Eid.

I'll try to look them up and post.

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.

blackrose
Sis

« Reply #4 on: Sep 17, 2009 03:59 PM »

I would appreciate that!!!! Because I heard this sometime this year (cant remember where from but I think credible source) and it came back to me now that Eids coming up and I want to give gifts! It has been bothering me ...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: