Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 30 mosques in 30 days  (Read 1867 times)
Sr.Kathy
Sis

Reps: 185

« on: Sep 18, 2009 02:43 PM »

http://30mosques.tumblr.com/

This blog of 2 Muslim brothers that was featured on a local npr station. What they did was a "30 mosques in 30 days" tour during Ramadan in NYC. There are more then 30 masjids in NYC, so they had to choose which ones to go to. The blog has pictures on it and is very interesting, and for the most part they stayed positive and had a positive experience.

"Allah surely knows the warmth of every teardrop... " Jaihoon

timbuktu
« Reply #1 on: Sep 18, 2009 05:38 PM »

peace be upon you

Thanks,it never fails to lift our spirits when learning of different mosques. May the brothers keep up the good work.

I once tried to visit the mosques in this city, but had visited only a few before leaving the project. I cannot take pictures, and it would have been nice to have a friend by my side. Many of the masjids also had the grave of a supposed wali, and this is actually against the teaching of the Prophet (saw), so that was also a reason for giving up.

Historically though, it would have been interesting.

jannah
Administrator

Reps: 2796

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Aug 06, 2011 07:13 AM »

They've upgraded to 30 Mosques in 30 states all over the US this year, starting in Alaska!!

http://30mosques.com/

Probably the only time I wish I was a guy! (that and going to hajj/umrah whenever you want!)

We did try going to 30 different Mosques for every night in Ramadan in Damascus... can't remember how many we were actually able to make but I remember it being an amazing experience! I think I have a journal somewhere of it all.

rahma
Sis

Reps: 739

« Reply #3 on: Sep 03, 2011 03:28 AM »

A fun read:

http://www.30mosques.com/

I think they did this last year, too.

Halima
Sis

Reps: 397

« Reply #4 on: Sep 03, 2011 05:35 AM »

Yep, fun reading! So far, I am at day 25 and I am thoroughly impressed with young sister Ibtihaj Muhammad, Maasha-Allah. She is an inspiration to young Muslims - male and female alike.

Reading her story made me laugh. Marriage proposal from a crowd in Tunisia, etc.

30 Mosques in 30 days is bringing out amazing stories of Muslims we would otherwise not have not known about.  May Allah SWT bless them, their efforts - Ameen and may they keep doing it, Insha-Allah.

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira

jannah
Administrator

Reps: 2796

I heart the Madina

« Reply #5 on: Sep 03, 2011 07:03 AM »

salams,

ok....... like apparently no one reads my posts except myself  :'( i've been going on about them all ramadan and posted a number of links to their blogs!!

k' i'll merge...

ws

Halima
Sis

Reps: 397

« Reply #6 on: Sep 03, 2011 07:19 AM »

No offense, sometimes we just miss things... sorry!

Honestly, I am enjoying reading it. I guess I started at almost the end but I am moving backward through it. Lots of fun reading it. Bassam becoming Sam, then Jewish and then after being busted, Pakistani. So many other fun stories along the way.

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira

rahma
Sis

Reps: 739

« Reply #7 on: Sep 04, 2011 01:41 PM »

salams,

ok....... like apparently no one reads my posts except myself  :'( i've been going on about them all ramadan and posted a number of links to their blogs!!

Oops.  Sorry, Sis Jannah....  I guess now that I see your posts, I sorta remember them.  It's just that I don't have any memory left.  My boys will attest to that!  ("Mom...you already asked that questions three times...")

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: