Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

Such stuff as dreams are made of...interpreted by Ibn Sireen.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Come in and relax  (Read 2793 times)
Anwar
« on: Dec 25, 2007 11:47 PM »

Assalaamualaikum btw  Smiley

Tell us about your day. How was work. Met any old uncles with lovely tales? oldshaykh Here have a bebzi   bebzi

All in all this post is for you to tell us about your day. Describe all the daily lessons life threw your way in becoming a better Muslim  thobebro shaykh

Let me start. The holidays are lovely. Barely a car in the street today Alhamdulillah  Grin
lala marcy
Sis

Reputation Power: 14
lala marcy has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Dec 26, 2007 01:11 PM »

assalaamu alaikum,

Any day that promotes spending time with one's family is good with me! Can't complain about Christmas! We get a day off, My family comes over. We eat duck curry and dhal rotis and chill. Plus who hates egg nog:) (Non alcoholic of course)....

too bad I'm at work today. Hey, for xmas I got a pocket zip Quran. Smiley Funny right? Smiley but cool..

peace
M.F.
« Reply #2 on: Dec 26, 2007 05:36 PM »

We just got back to work after a 5 day Eid break. Ma sha Allah our boss was very generous, and since we're not in a money-making business it doesn't really matter how long we're closed for. Al hamdu lillah.
I'm very grateful that I only work part time, so I get a chance to spend some time with people I really like at work, but I also get time to spend fending off the kids at home :p  Not a lot of people in Morocco can say they have a part time job.
Hard2Hit
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
Hard2Hit has no influence :(

Taubah

« Reply #3 on: Dec 27, 2007 08:07 AM »

Assalam Alaikum,

I'm thinking about divorcing chai and taking qehwah  as my wife. But so far haven't been able to give talaaq to chai and since both of them have managed to get along each other fine, I'd give harem space to both inshaAllah.

Salaams,

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
Anwar
« Reply #4 on: Dec 27, 2007 01:28 PM »

Assalam Alaikum,

I'm thinking about divorcing chai and taking qehwah  as my wife. But so far haven't been able to give talaaq to chai and since both of them have managed to get along each other fine, I'd give harem space to both inshaAllah.

Salaams,

Thats what I do. Qahwah in the the mornings, and Chai in the Evenings. (Well first a cup of Chai and then a cuppa Qahwah in the mornings  Smiley )

Edit: It was cooooold when I biked to work this morning. My ears froze over  Tongue

Alhamdulillah  Smiley
Faizah
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
Faizah has no influence :(

« Reply #5 on: Dec 31, 2007 02:35 AM »

As salaamu alaikum

Okay, I need to relax because I don't think I remember the meaning of relax.  The most I manage is to sit on the couch for longer than 10 minutes and doze off because I'm too tired to think of what I need to do next.  I'm so skilled in the art of super-mega-multi-tasking that to only do one or two things at a time seems like I'm wasting time and goofing off, although I suppose we all need to do that from time to time.  Of course the reality is I'd love nothing more than to only do one or two things.

I decided to avail myself of some time off from work to enjoy a long weekend to spend some quality time with my children since the eldest is home from college on break.  Of course my time is still spent doing housework and thinking about what I need to do at work and attempting to put a snow blower together  - what was I thinking  Huh? 
I know how not handy I am with tools but what's a sister to do but make the best effort I can and then call for help if needed and hope I get an answer.

Think I'll go make a cup of tea and force myself to not do anything until tomorrow no matter what I see that needs to be done.

Fa'izah

Blessedgrandma
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
Blessedgrandma has no influence :(

« Reply #6 on: Dec 31, 2007 10:12 AM »

Hello all, just thought I'd say, starting Weds I'm going to school
fulltime at the ripe old age of 21 (21 with 25 yrs exper)  Cheesy
I'm both excited and wondering if I'm nuts.
Taking 18 credits, so maybe I am nuts.

purplehijabisis
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« Reply #7 on: Dec 31, 2007 12:03 PM »

Divorcing chai is a big SIN and a CRIME, says a chai addict - Moi (Me).

That said, the last three days have been trying ones for us here in Kenya.

The General Elections went on peacefully as Kenyans came out in large numbers to cast their votes to choose their leaders for the next five years - Presidential, Parliamentary and Civic, on Friday, December 27, 2007.  All polling stations closed at 05:00 (17:00 Hrs) p.m., local time.  In areas where the casting of votes started late, the closing hour was equally extended.

The onus was now on the Electoral Commission of Kenya to embark on ballot counting that night as Kenyans sat at home to await the results.  This election was a mighty contest between to Presidential candidates - the incumbent and the opposition.  There were 9 Presidential candidates but the battle was between two serious contenders.

Little did we know that the current government had no plans to relinquish power which is now evident.  The Presidential ballots have been massively manipulated and rigged, rendering the beautiful democracy in Kenya to be a joke.  The Electorial Commission of Kenya (ECK), took too long to announce the Presidential results causig anxienty among Kenyans.  It took 3 days after ballot casting to announce the results and by then, massive irregularities had been sighted by the opposition and the European Uninon (EU) observers who witnessed the peaceful and dignified way in which Kenyans cast their votes in long winding qeues from morning till evening on Friday last week.

Riots and chaos started out on Saturday in parts of the city and other towns in the country.  Yesterday evening, the incumbent President was declared winner thereby worsening the situation.  Chaos broke out all over the country.  He was sworn in immediately and moved to ban all live broadcasts.

We have been in doors since Friday in Nairobi and the whole country.  We still continue to stay in doors with all businesses closed, no public transport and military personnel deployed in the city and else where in the country.  The situation is still tense as of now.  It is a safer to be indoors than outdoors.

Nobody knows what will happen next.  The situation is still tense and people are afraid.  We are still indoors.  Luckily we had stocked enough food but the uncertainty is terrible.  But nobody anticipated this because Kenyan elections have always been peaceful and results announced with 24 hours. 

Please pray for us.

Halima

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
Faizah
Sis

Faizah has no influence :(

« Reply #8 on: Dec 31, 2007 07:26 PM »

As salaamu alaikum Halima

Without question prayers are with you for the safety of all until this tense situation passes by and things can go back to normal with people outside going about their daily routines.

Fa'izah
Saaima
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
Saaima has no influence :(

« Reply #9 on: Jan 13, 2008 03:38 PM »

My salam and duas for all the brothers and sisters here.

Today, I was reading Swallows of Kabul by Yasmina Khadra which gives us a glimpse of life under the Taliban, and I thought of all the freedom and good things in life I enjoy but take for granted.  I kept thinking of the ayah:

Truly man is, to his Lord, ungrateful.  100:6

I decided that I'm going to say Alhamdulillah as often as I can. 
blackrose
Sis

blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #10 on: Feb 05, 2008 06:32 AM »

salaam

you should give a review of the book in the book review section. i would love to hear about it..

Halima you, your family, and Kenya are in our duas

well you dont wanna hear about my day ..it was crazy ..and you dont want to hear bout my life..its crazy..
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: