Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Who's going...2009  (Read 3264 times)
JustOne
Sis

Reps: 172

« on: Oct 16, 2009 09:57 PM »

this year, inshaAllah?

jannah
Administrator

Reps: 2777

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Oct 17, 2009 07:31 PM »

I wish I was  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

For all who are going Hajj Mabrur inshaAllah and don't forget to make dua for us!!!  Kiss bropraying

tq
Sis

Reps: 189

« Reply #2 on: Oct 19, 2009 04:22 PM »

Assalamo elikuim

Not me Sad Sad

May Allah swt accept Haj of all those who are going , Ameen.

Wasalam
tq

Christine_1208
Sis

Reps: 13

« Reply #3 on: Oct 19, 2009 08:08 PM »

I don't know if I'll ever be able to go Sad .. Inshallah May good grant me one chance.

I believe in Islam like the sun rising, not because I see it but because by it, I see everything else.

JustOne
Sis

« Reply #4 on: Oct 26, 2009 12:32 PM »

Assalaamu Alaikum...

InshaAllah I will be going.  I'm leaving my very clingy 10 month old with my mother inshaAllah...  please pray that their time together is great.

Any particular duaas? Please IM me... otherwise you are all in my duaas...may you be given the best of this world and the next...

Wasalaam.

umm ibraheem
Sis

Reps: 50

« Reply #5 on: Oct 26, 2009 08:14 PM »

Wa alaikum asalaam,

Not me, I wish I was! but alhamdulilah I went last year, amazing masha-allah!

We also left our kids, they were 5 and 3. I thought it was going to be hard leaving them, but when we were there, it wasn't bad, Alhamdulilah Allah makes that part easy for you when you are on hajj! and we had a express package so pretty much everyone in our group left their kids at home, alhamdulilah we all were fine without them and so were the kids!

Please make dua for us! and if you need any hajj tips, let me know!

BrKhalid
Bro

Reps: 273

« Reply #6 on: Oct 27, 2009 06:11 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum  bro

MashaAllah good news!!

As Sr umm ibraheem said above, inshaAllah, things will go easy for you guys .

It will also be interesting to see how much has changed this year and whether numbers will be reduced because of the swine flu outbreak.

Make du’a for us all JO!!

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]

Nafs
« Reply #7 on: Oct 28, 2009 07:33 AM »

InshaAllah!

as brKhalid said ..that's great to hear...InshaAllah many can go ..I wish I was able to send my parents ..but hopefullynext year InshaAllah =)

I might be sending something your way inshaAllah Embarrassed

um aboodi
Sis

Reps: 268

« Reply #8 on: Oct 30, 2009 04:10 AM »

salam

Unfortunately I am not going. Some of my relatives are going.  May Allah make it easy for you during hajj.  Make lots of dua for us sis!

wassalam

JustOne
Sis

« Reply #9 on: Oct 30, 2009 04:59 AM »

Smiley

all Hajj tips are welcome 

wasalaam

Shahida
Sis

Reps: 477

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« Reply #10 on: Oct 30, 2009 12:11 PM »

Salam alaikum

JO: thats wonderful news, mashaAllah!  Make Duaa for all of us!

I got this by email from Sheikh Muhammad AlShareef

he says: "In the past, I've noticed before Hajj starts, people who are planning to go focus a LOT on preparing their passports and packages, but there are few who insist people prepare their HEARTS.

I'm not talking about some guy shouting a slogan. I'm talkin' a real tangible way to build one's heart and mind for Hajj. Do you see what I mean?

Well, times have changed.

Check out:
http://heartwheeljournal.com/HajjCoach

It's 10 video sessions that I prepared on topics ranging from "The #1 Most Important Lesson in Hajj", to "Preparing your Final Will and Testament".

You can benefit from the 10 videos and resources even if you are not going for Hajj.
And if you know someone who is going for Hajj, what an awesome gift it would be to forward them this link: http://heartwheeljournal.com/HajjCoach ..."

Wasalam
Shahida

BrKhalid
Bro

« Reply #11 on: Nov 03, 2009 12:36 PM »

Asalaamu Alaikum  bro

As for some practical Hajj tips, I would speak to people who have been to Hajj or Umrah recently so they can at least tell you what the ‘lay of the land’ is, so to speak, because of all the different changes in Makkah and Madinah.

More generically I always thought keeping a little notebook to keep track of dua’s requested by other people was a good idea. The notebook could also come in handy as a reminder of the things *you* actually want to ask for; especially on the day of Arafah. That day can go by so quickly sometimes that you may end up not making du’a for a lot of things you meant to!!

Having a set goal (ie to achieve a Hajj Mabrur) is always a good idea especially when you know that there will be things you see or hear which will upset you and may potentially throw you off kilter. Knowing you are there for one reason, and one reason only, should inshaAllah help with the patience you will need. bro

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]

umm ibraheem
Sis

Reps: 50

« Reply #12 on: Nov 05, 2009 05:00 AM »

Insha-allah I'll post tips in another thread!

BrKhalid
Bro

« Reply #13 on: Dec 05, 2009 12:40 PM »

Asalaamu Alaikum  bro

Welcome back from Haj Sr JO, inshallah I hope you guys had a blessed journey!  bro

Try not to get sucked back into dunya too quickly!!

Mohamed
Bro

Reps: 22

« Reply #14 on: Dec 05, 2009 01:52 PM »

Al Salaam Alikoum Sister.

JustOne
Sis

« Reply #15 on: Dec 07, 2009 06:45 AM »

JazakAllah Khair everyone....

I think I'm going through Hajj withdrawal - and I've decided that the "Hajji cough" is probably also psychological.  Smiley

I pray that for those of you who haven't, you are able to do Hajj as soon as possible inshaAllah, in the best of circumstances.

I have so many ideas for Hajj now, having gone through it once - I wonder for those who went before - what are the main things that you remember from your Hajj??

jannah
Administrator

Reps: 2777

I heart the Madina

« Reply #16 on: Dec 07, 2009 08:33 AM »

ws,

I remember (during a first umrah) seeing the kabah for the first time and having a feeling of deja vu. And I remember the Day of Arafat as being a very spiritual, intense day. But what I love and remember the most is living among the tents of Mina. I loved it! I could live there year round or for the rest of my life.

ps share some of ur pics with us sister justone!

BrKhalid
Bro

« Reply #17 on: Dec 07, 2009 09:48 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum  bro

what are the main things that you remember from your Hajj??

How long do you have?  bro

But seriously, I think Br AbdulBasir summarized that feeling after you come back beautifully when he said:

For those who visit Makkah and than leave it, it remains within their heart forever. Wherever in the world they may be, the image of it is permanently engraved within them. The only things that prevent us from revisiting it and seeing its magnificence and majesty in our hearts are the veils of disobedience to Allah that cloud our vision.

The Hajj continues long after one has completed the physical rites during that span of several days in Dhul Hijjah. It continues in the heart for the remainder of one’s lifetime. And during that lifetime the month of Ramadan comes as the rediscoverer, reopening the roads towards Makkah within the heart, increasing the wayfarer’s provisions for the journey and easing the way towards the hoped destination.

May Allah accept the Hajj and Umrah of the Muslims. May He accept our fasting during the month of Ramadan and keep us firm on the deen both in the month of Ramadan and outside the month of Ramadan. May He have Mercy on all the Muslims and may He guide us to the path which most pleases Him.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: