// Attended a nice lecture today....
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Say the truth even if it may be bitter. - Prophet Muhammad (salAllahu alayhi wasalam)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Attended a nice lecture today....  (Read 2575 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Oct 19, 2009 08:12 AM »

Alhamdulillah was able to attend about half of a nice lecture today by Sh. Ninowy. He is a "new" Shaykh in the US that has been gaining popularity for his sincere, down-to-earth style. He did the topic Men around the Messenger for us and talked mostly about community.

Someone recorded it so if they put it up, I shall link to it inshaAllah.

Some interesting things he mentioned:

*Human society has stayed the same, only the faces have changed. In every time there are people who follow Firawn or Musa. In every society you have the Abu Lahabs and Abu Jahals.

*Khadija [ra]a was a billionaire in her time.

*Anas's mother didn't have anything to give Rasulullah saw so she gave her son.

*Anas radiahu said he never heard a rough word from rasulullah saw all the 10 years he served him. Not even saying something bad, but to the level of not even a rough word!

* Ppl talk about ROI = Return on Investment and the best return on investment is from Allah!

* Khadija radiahu is such a huge person to talk about. She was there at the beginning of Islam and Rasulillah saw only had to look at her face to feel relief from his burdens.

*Today ppl give and expect all these things in return and with conditions and humiliate the person asking. This invalidates their giving.

*Al-karam is that we give before we're asked. We realize there's a need and we rush and give. If we see garbage around the Masjid we pick it up. We are the one's to start we don't wait to be asked because we want to preserve the dignity of those who ask.

*Khadija radiahu had many rich women friends among the elite of Makkah, but they abandoned her after she married Rasulullah saw because they said he's not of the same socio-economic level. Even during her pregnancy they made an embargo against her.

*Anyone can marry but can they maintain their marriage? Even 20 years after Rasulullah saw was talking about Khadija sending gifts/food to her friends, etc.

*Khadija radiahu died from the embargo. She never complained about giving her money or living in the open or about this or that. Jibreel came to tell her that Allah sends her salam and to await her palace for all she had done. She gave all that and that's why we're sitting here today. Islam is on the shoulders of people like her.

*Allah doesn't need our prayers. It doesn't increase or decrease Him in any way. Jalla Jalaalahu. Even if all humanity did or didn't, it does not benefit Him nor harm Him. Who benefits from our prayers? You do! So why do we think Allah owes us something if we pray.

*Umar radiahu used to say If a mule slips on a road in Iraq Allah will question me and ask 'why did you not repar that road ya Umar'. He felt responsible and that Allah will hold him accountable. We all have responsibilities and we have imperfections we need to improve. We need to stand up and move forward. Not use the victim card anymore. Allah gave us all the tools to become the most successful ppl on earth!

...and so much more. May Allah reward him.
Jaihoon
Jaihoon
Bro

Reputation Power: 21
Jaihoon barely matters :(Jaihoon barely matters :(

« Reply #1 on: Oct 19, 2009 08:33 AM »

Anas's mother didn't have anything to give Rasulullah  so she gave her son

Subhanallah! head down, what have we given... ?

tq
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
tq has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Oct 19, 2009 04:20 PM »

Assalamo elikuim

Mashallah Shiekh Yahya is awesome and he is from Atlanta!!!

Khadija  is such a huge person to talk about. She was there at the beginning of Islam and Rasulillah  only had to look at her face to feel relief from his burdens.
Has anyone heard Native Deen song 'Zumalooni'(sp). It will be hard not to cry listening to it.

Wasalam
tq

jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #3 on: Oct 20, 2009 12:06 AM »

ws,

that song is beautiful ma'shaAllah!

WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #4 on: Oct 20, 2009 07:41 PM »

Salam Sis Jannah - Ma'sha'allah that sounded like a great lecture. Thanks for the points you shared with us. That would be great if there is a video posted later on. Will check out that song as well insha'allah.

Ma'salaam

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #5 on: Oct 27, 2009 06:18 AM »

They finally posted the video on our Mosque website! Check it out! here is the note attached:

As salamu alekum warahmatullah.

Sh. Yahya An' Ninowy gave an amazing lecture last weekend titled "Men around the messenger" Alhumdulillah we recorded the lecture and tried our best to post it online through free sources.

Please view the video through the Al-Hidaya Masjid website: http://al-hidaya.com/news.php?extend.98

Please forgive us for the advertisement that pops up when you first click play. You can ignore it and close it, then the second time you click play, the video will play insha Allah.

Please keep up in your dua.
Christine_1208
Sis

Reputation Power: 1
Christine_1208 has no influence :(

« Reply #6 on: Oct 27, 2009 04:15 PM »

Thanks so much sis!! This is great!! I am sending to friends Smiley Nice looking site too.

Jazzaka Allahu Kheiran!

I believe in Islam like the sun rising, not because I see it but because by it, I see everything else.
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #7 on: Oct 28, 2009 07:11 PM »

salaam

Finally listened to the nasheed! That was truly beautiful - I've been saying the last year or so, if I'm Blessed with a daughter (no Mrs. WCoastbaba yet though Sad) then my first choice for her name would be Khadijah, then Fatima for the second daughter :-) (Perfect wife and Perfect daughter, respectfully)

Jazak'Allahu Khairan for pointing it out Sis tq and thanks for tracking it down for us Sis J, as well as for the link to the lecture - will check it out over the weekend insha'allah.

Ma'salaam
 desibro
BABA

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #8 on: Oct 29, 2009 04:45 AM »

ws,

FYI though the title is "men around the messenger" which they should really change. The shaykh does talk about many women including Khadija ra...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: