Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Knowledge is not what is memorised. Knowledge is what benefits. - Imam Shafi'
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Somali man, '112', weds girl, 17  (Read 631 times)
UBAB
Bro

Reputation Power: 3
UBAB has no influence :(

2 [agree] or not 2 [disagree]-that is the question

« on: Oct 29, 2009 04:14 PM »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8331136.stm

Is it really getting this hard to find a good guy these days?  Shocked

thobebro
   UBAB

Somali man, '112', weds girl, 17
Hundreds of people have attended a wedding in central Somalia between a man who says he is 112 years old, and his teenage wife.

Ahmed Muhamed Dore - who already has 18 children by five wives - said he would like to have more with his new wife, Safia Abdulleh, who is 17 years old.

"Today God helped me realise my dream," Mr Dore said, after the wedding in the region of Galguduud.

The bride's family said she was "happy with her new husband".

Mr Dore said he and his bride - who is young enough to be his great-great-grand-daughter - were from the same village in Somalia and that he had waited for her to grow up to propose.

"I didn't force her, but used my experience to convince her of my love; and then we agreed to marry," the groom said.

The BBC's Mohamed Olad Hassan in Mogadishu says the marriage in the town of Guriceel is being described by Somalian historians as the first of its kind in the Horn of Africa nation for over a century.

Your heart will not truly open until you understand Surah 21 : Verse 92  (Al-Anbiya: The Prophets)

Help Build the Community! Visit:
Madinat al-Muslimeen > The City > Naseeha Corner > Community Toolbox
se7en
Sis

Reputation Power: 11
se7en has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Oct 29, 2009 09:54 PM »

as salaamu alaykum wa rahmatullah,

It's interesting how it seems western media fixates on these types of stories as bizarre and even immoral... (Remember the case in Yemen?)   Though this personally may not be a choice I would make, if they are both consenting adults, what's the problem?  People do get married for reasons other than sexual attraction.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: