// Islamic ruling??
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: “Many times I heard Imam Ahmad saying (when asked to give his opinion) on controversial scholarly issues ‘I do not know.’” - Abu Dawud (ra)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Islamic ruling??  (Read 1470 times)
Anonymous
« on: Oct 31, 2009 04:10 PM »

Assalamalikum

i need the Islamic ruling on the matter. i tried few answering websites but the quota there is always full.

the matter is my husband and his elder brother put up the business.The money was totally from his elder brother and  my husband's hard work.  And now the business have grown up into two parts.
the second was started a month back.As soon as the second one was started, my husband was told to leave the business because he wanted to take hold of the first one completely. 
the first one is on my husband's name because his elder brother was working away from his home.

So the question is can my husband, islamically claim this property or what is his share and his brother's share??
His elder brother have hardly paid any attention to the business, behaves rudely with customers, delays payments.What ever the business is standing till today have been my husband's hard work and on his brother's part ,its his  money.
Anonymous
« Reply #1 on: Oct 31, 2009 05:37 PM »

Wa alaikum as salaam.

This is why business partners, Muslim and non-Muslim, should sign agreements which include buyout options in the event that one partner wants to take over or relinquish his or her portion of the business.

With an agreement, whoever wants the other portion of the business could make a cash offer for it.  Or the two partners could agree to split everything 50-50 (or whatever is agreed upon) and each could walk away as individual business owners.

I hope your husband is able to work out a solution with his brother.  Even if you get a ruling, this is bound to cause hard feelings if either brother feels he is being cheated or treated unfairly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: